PDA

View Full Version : Price check...

Fred
08-05-2003, 06:17 AM
I got an opportunity to pick up a HALO A for 50$, and it has a cracked battery cover...

if I were to pick it up, how much are all the updates and new cover?

i don't know much about HALOs, but $50 seems too good to pass up.

Thanks,
---Fred

-=Squid=-
08-05-2003, 08:22 AM
Straight from odyssey paintball..

Battery door: $5
Halo A to Halo B upgrade: $30
Software upgrade: $10, but they may do for free

Also, if you were to want colored/new shells, you can get the halo A to halo B upgrade + shells for $50.

go to www.odysseypaintball.com for more information, and click store.

All in all you would be paying $95, I would pass on this one, or find a better deal. Overall, Halo A's are typically now worth it.

FutureMagOwner
08-05-2003, 09:21 AM
heres what i would do. buy it upgrade to a B with new shells that comes with a battery cover and all that so you will be fine. with the halo b they need to put in a new board so they will give you the most up to date one so you dont need an upgrade. the total would come to 100 including buying it used which is cheaper then buying new

-=Squid=-
08-05-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
heres what i would do. buy it upgrade to a B with new shells that comes with a battery cover and all that so you will be fine. with the halo b they need to put in a new board so they will give you the most up to date one so you dont need an upgrade. the total would come to 100 including buying it used which is cheaper then buying new

But thats only like 5 dollars cheaper. See if he will drop to 40 bucks or something.

Fred
08-05-2003, 03:50 PM
Thanks guys,

I guess I'll just pass on it... i don't really need it, it just sounded like a good price at first, and I'll need one later on (always find a need for that kinda stuff...)

---Fred

FutureMagOwner
08-05-2003, 05:49 PM
meh get it it will be an adventure that will reassure your faith in odyssey by spending the same amount(because it would be like 5 bucks shipping anyway) i thought the avg price was like 125 i guess it went down now that they can make them fast enough

.bolink
08-05-2003, 09:58 PM
Heh nothing beats the deal i got! I bought a busted Halo A off of a kid for 5 dollars. He was like you do know it doesnt work and i was like yes now give it to me! Just got it upgraded at IAO to a Halo B with smoke shells. All in all I payed 55 bucks and I have a basicly new Halo B.

heftylefty
08-06-2003, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by .bolink
Heh nothing beats the deal i got! I bought a busted Halo A off of a kid for 5 dollars. He was like you do know it doesnt work and i was like yes now give it to me! Just got it upgraded at IAO to a Halo B with smoke shells. All in all I payed 55 bucks and I have a basicly new Halo B.

lol how old was this kid? man he is stupid. well so it my other friend, he gave this guy a brand new nyx:rolleyes: