do u have to get "certified" to get one
how much money do you save
pro's and con's
i'm really confused

Kevmaster
08-05-2003, 08:59 AM
where to get one: scuba shop

do you have to get certified: technically, yes. practically, no

do they save you money: Depends on your cost for air at the field and at te scuba shop...but it will take a long time to save money

pros: can save money. can get fill anywhere (including at home)

cons: first fill is to 3000...next to 2900...next to 2700....etc (fill amt drops off each time)

LittlePaintballBoy
08-05-2003, 09:37 AM
All you need is a scuba tank,but then you need to buy another 45-200 dollar part. (200 is like the ones at fields, 45 is a little thing you clip o. we have a 45 dollar one, works great.) But where you really save money is buying the tanks at garage sales (as long as it looks to be in good condition.) We got both of our tanks for 20.Its nice to have the tanks because when you just want to play in the woods with your friends you dont only get a couple of games because everybody ran out of air. and it cost i think 7 bucks to fill a scuba.

aaron_mag
08-05-2003, 10:29 AM
I get the fills for $5 and it is great. I'd buy the scuba tank new from the place that you plan on filling it. Let them know that it for paintball. While it might be a more expensive you know you have a good tank and they will be more than happy to fill it for you. Well I do always get a little attitude about paintball sucking and scuba diving ruling......

I only use it for private games. If I'm at a field a pay the extra for air. Just more convenient plus most fields require it.

brett
08-05-2003, 11:17 AM
If your gonna get a scuba it would probably be best to get it at the scuba shop. I only have to pay 1-2 bucks because I usually only run it down to about 2000psi.

rehme
08-05-2003, 11:25 AM
there is a place here that will sell you a 6K bottle and fills are only 20 dollars.

my team is thinking about buying one.

Crazy
08-05-2003, 11:39 AM
wow, 20$ for a fill, thats high. Our scuba shop in town only does it for 4$.

ASDadam
08-05-2003, 12:01 PM
Or why not buy a bulk air cylinder? They cost you around 300 or so dollars. You can get em from National Welder etc. Come up with a business name or something or maybe get your local field to help you buy one. My team has both Bulk air CO2 and bulk air N2 tanks. For 20 bucks my local scuba shop will totally refill the N2 tank and we can get around...40 or more 3k fills out of it. Makes up for itself in the end trust me.