PDA

View Full Version : those damn paintball passes...

jdev
08-05-2003, 10:46 AM
somebody just walked into my office and started talking to the receptionist.

hes trying to sell those shoite paintball passes..

will this ever end?

I told her to tell him that the passes were shoite, and made sure I said it loud enough for him to hear me in the lobby..

for those who do not know what I am talking about.. its the passes from paintball promotions.. :rolleyes:

Albinonewt
08-05-2003, 11:11 AM
Wasn't one of those guys here trying to sell them on this forum?

i like tictacs
08-05-2003, 11:12 AM
LOL, where do you work?

-=Squid=-
08-05-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Albinonewt
Wasn't one of those guys here trying to sell them on this forum? Yes.

speedyejl
08-05-2003, 07:19 PM
can you elaborate on what they are?

Doc Nickel
08-05-2003, 08:10 PM
There's at least one site out there that will sell you a pass, like a ticket, to "any participating paintball field" for only $5.

The problem is, it's almost, though not quite, a scam. Only "participating" fields accept the passes, and those are few and far between. Passes are only good for entry (they don't cover rentals, paint or air) and are only good for first-time players.

There have been more than a few stories of people trying the passes, only to find the listed "participating" field won't accept them- either they never heard of the "passes" or they stopped taking them.

So basically, they're essentially worthless. Most fields only charge about $5 entry anyway, and more than a few will waive even that for a new player who's renting a full package. Most people who fall for it are simply buying a $5 slip of paper.

Doc.

speedyejl
08-05-2003, 09:53 PM
O, I see whats going on, thanks

Originally posted by Doc Nickel
Most fields only charge about $5 entry anyway, and more than a few will waive even that for a new player who's renting a full package.

I laughed pretty hard on both of those, not here in NY at least.

Taco
08-05-2003, 10:32 PM
[i]
So basically, they're essentially worthless. Most fields only charge about $5 entry anyway, and more than a few will waive even that for a new player who's renting a full package.

Doc. [/B]

not here in nj either

graycie
08-06-2003, 01:50 AM
That happened to me once where I used to work, some kids around the age of 16 came in wearing a suit jacket and tie tried to sell me some passes to a so so local field. I really don't think they had any real idea of paintball, because when I started talking to them about what I pay when I played and what equipment I had they had blank looks on their faces and tried to play it off as if they knew what I was saying.

rdb123
08-06-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Doc Nickel
...The problem is, it's almost, though not quite, a scam. Only "participating" fields accept the passes, and those are few and far between. Passes are only good for entry (they don't cover rentals, paint or air) and are only good for first-time players.

Actually, they do cover rental costs--I checked out the website last week. ;)

Edit:

Posted from paintballpromotions.com
What am I getting exactly?

Each discount paintball pass entitles an individual to all the safely equipment, rental gear and admission fees needed to play paintball. The only thing anyone will need above and beyond what is provided by the passes is ammo and Co2. Paintballs and Co2 must be purchased at the fields, (players purchase these supplies as they are needed.) Paintballs and Co2 are relatively inexpensive, check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for more detailed information.

rikkter
08-06-2003, 06:22 PM
my kinda-but-not-really brother did that when we went to the mall. he bought 3 of them and i told him not to but he did anyways. i ignored it then later when we got home i pointed out why he shouldn't of. the field wasn't even open anymore and yadda yadda.