PDA

View Full Version : Mag going from primary marker to backup

devingoode
08-05-2003, 11:15 AM
I'm thinking about getting a Matrix from pbgear.com, they are only $640 so i'm thinking about selling my current backup gun, my bushmaster, and having my primary gun, my mag, as my current backup. what do you think?

rehme
08-05-2003, 11:28 AM
is that stock?

you should get the lpr and the bolt kit to make it more efficent and dont chop.

SyntaxError
08-05-2003, 12:18 PM
Mags= Great backups. Considering my RT always, and I mean ALWAYS works, I can't ask for better/more reliable setups than my Angel and RT.

paintballbeaver
08-05-2003, 03:28 PM
dont do it man get an e-mag its not worth the money i've had a matrix and flat out i wasnt happy compared to my mags

Hexis
08-05-2003, 04:15 PM
My ReTro MiniMag just became backup, to my EMag. The poor thing will prob never get used.

LaW
08-05-2003, 07:54 PM
The matrix is just an awesome marker as long as you make sure you have the lpr and bolt kit is a good thing too. I would do it.

Ov3rmind
08-05-2003, 08:25 PM
Trixes are insane. To this day I have not shot a gun I could walk faster, and with such low kick! It takes practically no effort to coat anything you want with loads of paint. The Mag will also make an excellent backup gun, reliability is the most important aspect of a backup.

08-05-2003, 09:12 PM
My friends ironman is insane.

devingoode
08-05-2003, 11:10 PM
i would consider an emag but they are heavier than matrix's, i'm not gonna get the lpr because i dont shoot hellfire, i shoot midnight/blaze/jtmaxium2, i'll probably get the bolt kit, there will be ace's on the market for trix'x soon so i'm not worried

heftylefty
08-06-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by devingoode
i would consider an emag but they are heavier than matrix's, i'm not gonna get the lpr because i dont shoot hellfire, i shoot midnight/blaze/jtmaxium2, i'll probably get the bolt kit, there will be ace's on the market for trix'x soon so i'm not worried

emags and matrixs are about hte same weight. emags might actually be lighter. imo, the ace will be one of your later upgrades. you should get a lpr for now since it is much cheaper and will minimize chops by a lot. right now the ace costs about 250 so a $50 lpr will be a better upgrade for now. jsut my 2 cents though.

Ov3rmind
08-06-2003, 12:14 AM
I'd still get an LPR. Without one a lot of Matrixes had bolt stick problems, I have no idea if they do anymore. On top of making it easier on paint, you can also lessen the already miniscule kick some more.

Mossman
08-06-2003, 12:44 AM
Stock matrix + Bolt kit (if it doenst already come with the "black" bolt kit, Gen-E's Red bolt kit clone), + LPR + Freeflow bolt = 800 dollar super efficient mowing machine.

Later on get the eye if the price gets reasonable and maybe anno/mill it. Matrixes rock.

Here's mine: www.superneato.com/super/flame/

Yours will never be as pretty as mine though :)

heftylefty
08-06-2003, 12:47 AM
you got a KAPP flame?!?!?!? im so jealous mossman:)

DiRTyBuNNy
08-06-2003, 01:04 AM
After having shot one last weekend..I must say that the NYX Matrix is a serious pimp stick..

Ov3rmind
08-06-2003, 01:43 AM
That gun is sick as crap Mossman.

devingoode
08-06-2003, 11:33 AM
yea that kapp looks great, i saw a white trix at my field, the guy was on some am team, he took all of the inturnals ot of the body and trigger frame and got it airbrushed or anno'd white, it looked great, there was no stock part on it except for the software

No sKiLLz
08-06-2003, 05:09 PM
Bolt stick can be most effectively cured using the right lube. Matrix Muck from Ardvaark, or a mixture of regular gun oil and battle lube work best. Straight gun oil will not stay on the friction surfaces and straight battle lube will be somewhat gummy on the bolt. Check out TMC's Matrix.
http://www.thematrixcenter.com/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=24&idproduct=130
Comes with LPR, bolt, and Gun 20 chip.

NYX, different story. $1,300 price tag.

Ya like that <B>*POOF*</B>, huh Bunny? :cool:

Mossman, I'm sure you get this a lot, but Sidewinder, CP makes a good one...

<B>*Warning: No Cussing*</B> -Miscue

Ov3rmind
08-06-2003, 05:26 PM
Oh neato, I just noticed the SCM by AKA is available for the Matrix. I wonder how well it works (I'm gonna guess pretty well).