PDA

View Full Version : Software update and E-mag compatability question.

Sparks
08-05-2003, 04:45 PM
After a search on AO and doing some reading about 3.0, and hacking the old 1.37 boards, I have some concerns. Apparently the old boards on the original 1.37 e-mags had very little extra space, so my question is this, will an old 1.37 board be able to be updated to 3.0 if sent back to AGD, or does it not have enough space for the expanded programming? If it does not have enough space, will i have to buy a new board just to get a higher ROF/"cruising"/shot buffering? I don't know if there is enough info out there about the software update, or from AGD to answer my question, but I for one would like the 3.0 update as soon as it's available. I have only seen 2 or 3 threads mentioning it, but this is a pretty big deal to me. I'm surprised there isn't more buzz about it.

Halliday
08-05-2003, 05:06 PM
I'm interested in this info too. Around what serial number is considered an "old" E-mag?

ah137
08-05-2003, 05:28 PM
There is only ONE emag board. For original emags/emags/X-mags/Micro E-mags. The software can be changed or updated on anyone. It would be WAY to expensive for AGD to make a new board every time they remodel the emag.

The talk of little space, I was under the impression to make room for ace and buffering would be the loss of burst modes.

~Hills

IcantBelieveit
08-05-2003, 10:11 PM
Yes to create the space you loose the burst mode i know for a fact in the X-mag to make room for the ACE coding. And i am pretty sure it is the same for the E-Mag for the Shot buffering and higher ROF

AlabamaMan
08-05-2003, 10:33 PM
Personally i don't even have my burst mode jumer in my E-mag. I find it completley use less. I would see losing the burst modes as no loss at all. I would rather have all the new goodies. Somewhere i heard something about walking at 18bps (did TK say that?). Now that would be nice.

JT2002
08-05-2003, 11:26 PM
whats teh "hacking" of the 1.37 board? what does it do? and how do you do it?:rolleyes: :D ;) ;)

BajaBoy
08-06-2003, 12:13 AM
eh about the hacking, i wouldnt even look into it man. I had a thread about all custom Emag boards in the Tinker forum. Search for it and you'll find its not worth it (well at leased the time that is put into it)