PDA

View Full Version : ULE E-mag FRAME vs non-ULE e-mag frame??? whats the difference?

hostage
08-05-2003, 08:39 PM
I've asked many people and haven't gotten an answer. How do the differ, how much weight are we talking. Did they just mill of the curve of the emag grip frame and thats it?
Thanks,
Doron

magman007
08-05-2003, 08:48 PM
there is extensive internal milling as well

darklord
08-05-2003, 08:55 PM
Yep, the hump is gone, most of the metal on the inside is gone, and there are 3 or so holes in the bottom of the frame (near the ASA threads) as well. It's well worth the investment, IMO.

ah137
08-05-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by magman007
there is extensive internal milling as well

This is true but it really doesn't amount to much, 1OZ maybe. The only noticable diffence is the grips humps from and back of grip.

Check these out.

~Hills

P.S. I have owned all three grip, emag,ule,X-mag

ah137
08-05-2003, 09:04 PM
ULE

It not worth your time getting a ule. you would be better off having the humps milled off and dermeling the insides.

~Hills

Kevmaster
08-05-2003, 09:07 PM
just to clarify...ULE triger frames are the same as xmag trigger frames

ah137
08-05-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Kevmaster
just to clarify...ULE triger frames are the same as xmag trigger frames

No they are not, close but not the same, the X-mag has more milled away for the A.C.E Board

~Hills

P.S. Doron you should have asked me ;)

hostage
08-05-2003, 10:15 PM
do yall think it would be worth it to get my friend who mills to mill it into a ULE frame?
-Doron

AlabamaMan
08-05-2003, 10:21 PM
Actully all the new E-mag's are coming with X-mag trigger frames. With the milled area for the ace. I compared my E-mag frame with BlackVCG's and mine has the extra milling, where his ULE frame does not. As far as i can see AGD is makeing only one electronic frame style now. It fit's both the E and X mags.

ignatz
08-05-2003, 10:44 PM
I weighed my ULE EMag and my Micro. The results are here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91740) HTH.

hostage
08-06-2003, 12:53 AM
hrmm...I want to get the eye for my x-mag possibly...
on the bottom of my x-mag body there is a 1inch by about 3 inch rectanular hole which is about 1/3 of an inch deep, right behind it is a where the screw goes and right behind that is a circle about half an inch in diamater, which goes threw the breach, looks like where the eye goes. Anyway, Can anyone show me a pic of the ule frame from the top, so I know where I should mill it so it can fit the board? Also there is a small gap in that rectangular hole, which looks like where an on/off switch goes.
-Doron