PDA

View Full Version : flat trajectory

batteryfree
08-06-2003, 12:06 AM
is there any barrel that will give me a flat trajectory for a mag. i heard i could get a z body but what is that and what does it do?????

Jerhew
08-06-2003, 02:54 AM
the only way to get a "flat" trajectory is to use backspin...
the z-body has a little adjustable nobby that puts backspin on your ball..
unfortunately it doesnt seem to work incredibly well...
or else we'd all have one...
i guess you have to use a large bore barrel for it to work...which takes away from efficiency...
and also makes things a bit more inconsistant...
inconsistant=inaccurate
i have heard of people having luck with the z-body...
but not very many

neilrmessick
08-06-2003, 02:45 PM
I have one and absolutly love it. I do not think that the reviews that are done with the body look at it in the right light. They test it as if it were any other gun body and judge the accuracy as such. Anyone who has this likly plays most of the time with the backspin turned off and dials it in as needed. Using it this way gives the maximum accuracy at all times. Its also great for just flating out the trajectory of the balls.

I found two barrels that work well. As the factory states a large bore with small bore paint gives the most effective lift. They are right, infact i think its often more lift than nessesary. I find that a 8" Med bore barrel works the best for me. The spin effect is not as strong, but more than enough to flatten the shots, or even bananna them some without runing the accuracy or efficency.

Its a great upgrade, i highly recomend it if you have the cash.

batteryfree
08-07-2003, 12:10 AM
yeah i think i am going to buy one. where di you buy yours.

neilrmessick
08-07-2003, 06:58 AM
local store.

Paid $350 for used Z-body, large bore barrel, classic valve, double trigger frame, foregrip, drop, etc.