PDA

View Full Version : PSP Philly actually being promoted on local radio

graycie
08-06-2003, 01:31 AM
While I was dropping off the mail at the post office today I heard a commercial on Q102.1fm promoting next weeks event. This came as a big shock to me since the only time I hear any type of paintball promotion on the radio is from the supercheesy ads for FBM. The actual commercial started off being a spot for NPS but then turned into promoting the event at Fairmount Park, with pro players, etc., but the event was being called the "National Cup" or something along the lines of that.

I'm still skeptical about the logistics of the location. Its a great place to bring in on lookers and people that have never seen or experienced painball, but on the other hand Kelly Drive is only so big and with that many people coming in its going to be madness. Parking is going to be my main concern, it would cool if they shut down the road for the event like they do with the Dad Vail Regatta.

manike
08-06-2003, 04:24 AM
They are going to be shutting roads down for it... although I am not sure which ones :)

Rumour is there will also be TV adds going out. But I don't know so much about that...

Mango
08-06-2003, 06:47 AM
Yeah I've heard it too graycie! Pretty sweet huh? It's playing all over piney land (I mean South Jersey!)

graycie
08-06-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by manike
They are going to be shutting roads down for it... although I am not sure which ones :)

Less chance for you to drive on the left then eh? :D

Originally posted by manike
Rumour is there will also be TV adds going out. But I don't know so much about that...

I think the commercials air on Fox Sports something or other, I don't have the channel so oh well.

tony3
08-07-2003, 10:10 AM
They advertised Nppl chicago on Q101.1 right before it was going to take place

Automaggin2
08-07-2003, 11:16 AM
Q102 eh? Its a shame i Dont listen to that crap :)

1stdeadeye
08-07-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by SprayingMango
Yeah I've heard it too graycie! Pretty sweet huh? It's playing all over piney land (I mean South Jersey!)

This piney hasn't heard it yet. :(

I am going though! Not sure when. BDay for my son Saturday, Playing PB Sunday.