PDA

View Full Version : ULE feed neck removal

JHancock
08-06-2003, 09:32 AM
I want to change out the feed tube on the ULE body, but it won't move. What color loctite do they use on these? Anyone able to get one off without scratching the hell out of it please let me know.:confused:

Dayspring
08-06-2003, 10:14 AM
It shouldn't be THAT tight... However, a strap wrench would do the trick. The only problem with that is you risk stripping the threads if you do it.

Kevmaster
08-06-2003, 10:27 AM
strap wrench would be the best

and if you cant get one, putting a towel around it and thne using a bench vice should get it off with minimal scratching

paintballbeaver
08-07-2003, 02:24 PM
remover the detent befoer doing this
but take a lighter and heat up the the bottom of the feed neck then use a strap wrench thats what i found to work

i say remove the dentent because you can warp the spring and melt the delrin

SG Avenger
08-07-2003, 07:42 PM
[grin] I was trying to remove my hopper the other day and realised I was unscrewing the vertical feed... DOH. It cant be THAT hard to get apart.

bankes
08-08-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by SG Avenger
[grin] I was trying to remove my hopper the other day and realised I was unscrewing the vertical feed... DOH. It cant be THAT hard to get apart.

that always happens to me then i put the rise back on and i can't get it off with me hand, it is wierd.

JHancock
08-08-2003, 08:58 PM
OK, we got the neck off. First things first. Yes, it was that tight. I soaked the feed tube to the top part of the body in boiling water after I removed the ball detent (thanks for the tip paintballbeaver). Then the strap wrench worked its magic. There was a ton of red loctite on the threads (a drop or two usually works). Didn't hurt the threads a bit. Thanks for all the good advice guys. I love this forum!!!!!!!!!!
:D