PDA

View Full Version : What Hopper Should I Get

QuestionMark?
08-06-2003, 01:16 PM
I need a new hoppper for my Mag and i have a question about that. Are those EVlution Hoppers made by viewloader any good?:confused:

Dayspring
08-06-2003, 03:10 PM
Yes. I prefer the Halo-B but that's just me.

Run a search in Paintball Talk and you'll find a wealth of information on the subject.

CrazyLad
08-07-2003, 08:11 PM
I prefer Halo TSA

Z-man
08-07-2003, 08:45 PM
I also like that Halo TSA. I *think* I like my Halo B but I burned it up after 1,300 rounds. Odyssey said it was because I had old software.. Still, ran great till that little detail...

chizle97
08-07-2003, 09:41 PM
for a minimag i would stay away from the force fed stuff cause they tend to be expensive and unnecessary for a minimag since its almost imposible to pull the trigger fast enough to warent one. on my classic mag I use a ricochete AK. it was 60 bucks and i cant out-shoot it if i try my hardest. also 12v revolutions are a nice alternative but beware, ive heard of them having cheap shells. just my opinion tough.

QuestionMark?
08-07-2003, 11:09 PM
yea shizzle the 12v Revolutions have horrible shells, my friend dove into a bunker and the bottem snapped in half, for that i will not buy a 12v. Im pretty much sticking to either a Halo or a Egg.

Kevmaster
08-08-2003, 08:52 AM
Hate to get into this, raelly do...

HALO B and Eggo IIs are both very similar performance-wise hoppers. They'll both do 17bps strings....more than you'll ever pull. The Eggo costs less and weighs less and holds more balls, but it doesnt sit as well on some markers. HALO B feeds faster (20+bps) but like you'll ever need it.

Now, on to the subject of revvies, sparing you the detailed answer: BE made new revvie shells, they WERE defective and once BE realized the batch of plastic they got was bad, 20,000 hoppers were out there. To this day, if you call BE and your hopper is in warranty, tey will replace the shells with NEW ones (the new batch is 100% fine) free of charge.

Lee
08-08-2003, 09:07 AM
depends on your style of play i would think. i'm a recballer and like the reloader.

zippy
08-08-2003, 09:24 AM
If you can find a 12 volt revy that was made before Brass eagle bought out View loader than get get it, otherwise save your money and get one that was made after brass took over. As Kevmaster stated they are under factory warranty so if the sheel breaks, which it will, just send back., I shoot a Halo B on my gun, but thats because i shoot an electro, on a classic mag you will not need a loader that can keep up with that rate of fire, SAVE YOUR MONEY!!

Kevmaster
08-08-2003, 11:03 AM
a revvie made today by brass eagle is STRONGER and MORE DURABLE than a revvie made 3 years ago by VL.

QuestionMark?
08-08-2003, 02:24 PM
so on my automag rt/pro i should just stick with somthing simple or should i go out and get a Halo or what should i do?
Im leaning towards the Egg, but do u think it will sit right?

personman
08-08-2003, 02:29 PM
On an RT pro, I dont see why you cant just buy a revy and intellifeed it? Do you HAVE to have a force feed hopper? Revys work fine for me, personally I dont like the wieght of halos, or the look/feel of the eggys. So I stick to revys for the time being.

Z-man
08-08-2003, 02:53 PM
Well I aggree in that you don't NEED to have a forcefeed system on any gun. But see I think what you may be overlooking is that I would recommend a motorized hopper to virtually anyone, even if they shot no more than 3 rounds a second. Why?

Because in addition to a motorized hopped speeding up the feeding process, it makes it more consistant.

This is something EVERYONE dicovers early on in painball. You are plinking away at someone, perhpas no more than shot every second or 2. Then all at once, the paint stops. It gets jammed up there in the neck so you have to stop, shake the stupid thing and resume fire. I used to be a very reasonable paint shooter. No more than a hopper IF that, a game. I finally gave in and tried out a simple Revy and was delighted that I did not have to shake the hopper anymore.

Even if you don't plan / want / believe in shooting fast you can still benefit from a nice motorized hopper.

Agitation vs. forcefeed is up to you.

zippy
08-09-2003, 01:53 AM
Kevmaster: Are you serious, do you work for Brass eagle or something? I have three Revs that were made more than three years ago and they are fine. Evry loader i have purchased, after Brass Eagle took over has had a broken feed tube or cracked shell. The Plastic that they used to make them out of was a little softer there by let the hopper give a little so it wouldn't just snap. The Loaders now are made from a Harder more Brittle plastic, so the Hopper doesn;t gve in any way , causing it to crack or break more easily.

if materials don't bend under pressure then they will break. It's simple Physics.

jpm
08-09-2003, 08:19 PM
I bought a VL Revy 12v /w Xboard last weekend for my back-up marker, which happens to be a minimag. If I tried my hardest I could out shoot the hopper (I'm not the fastest finger in the west). I see no issues at all with the construction. The shell seems to be made of the same material my old old old VL200 is made of and is just as tough. My new revy got banged on trees and brush, I crawled with it a few times; it didn't even enter my mind to go easy on the hopper. I played a couple games with that setup to use up some CO2 then I got out my E-Mag that has an eggy2 on. To be completely honest, that shell seems a little fragile, especially the feed neck, but I have yet to have any problems with it either and it feeds fastest enough for me. Also, the eggy holds a metric @$$ load of paint. I'm thinking about sawing the neck down so that it is fully supported in the elbow. (would like some feekback on this idea please).

To summerize a bit.. With the minimag I would 100% recommend the 12 Revy or a hopper in the same class, can't really go wrong with it and I can't see spending the extra money on anything else.

leblondse
08-10-2003, 03:05 PM
I've been using Empire's Reloader for a few months now. I love it. The lid cracked on me, but otherwise no problems.

TheDuelist
08-10-2003, 04:44 PM
I've used the rev, the egg II and the reloader on my Emag. I haven't had any issues with the rev or the reloader. My only issue with the egg II is the lid. I have broken two of them so far. I would say that if there is a weak spot on the egg it is definitely the flip lid. Performance wise I don't have a problem with any of them.