PDA

View Full Version : Anybody read "What Paintball Gear" magazine?

TigerMan
08-06-2003, 03:07 PM
I just picked this magazine up, it's made by the magazine PGI, and I must say it's been one of my favorites I've read. It's a yearly type edition thing I believe, of all current gear. They have reviews on everything from markers, hoppers, gear, masks, barrels etc. of all the current gear of 2003. And I must say, it's one of the most unbiased magazine editions I've read. Though they wouldn't flat out say "this marker is bad," they weren't afraid to nitpick at little things and grade on scale of 1-5 in certain areas. They'd say where they thought it was lacking at well. They gave really high praise for the X-Mag as well too. The only thing I'd really disagree with were some of the lower end marker reviews, but I did find their review of the Spyder Imagine funny. They said and I quote W.P.G magazine, "It's cheap. It's a Spyder. It has an electronic trigger. We're sure they'll lots of them. 'Nuff said."

I liked the magazine. It's been one of my favorites to read. When they come out with the next guide, I'll be looking for it.

speedyfox666
08-06-2003, 03:15 PM
I read it !

besides that ,it is for 50 % the reason why I bought the X-mag !

kevdupuis
08-06-2003, 04:12 PM
My son used it to narrow down his selection of a new marker to either a X Mag or e bladed Eclipse cocker. His decisions were based on completeness of package, anti chop systems and quality ratings.

I read it to.;)

Nick O time
08-06-2003, 05:25 PM
I love that magazine, the first time I ever got it I read it like 100 times:D. It's great.

personman
08-06-2003, 07:13 PM
Hmmm where can I get one of these?
My friend could really use one :rolleyes:

TigerMan
08-06-2003, 07:14 PM
I got mine from Barnes and Noble, but at the Mall of Georgia. Barnes and Noble is the bookstore that carries the most paintball magazines I've seen.

TigerMan
08-06-2003, 07:16 PM
You can also order it online through PGI's website. Here's the link http://www.p8ntballer.com/wpg/index.shtml

Clockwork_Orange
08-06-2003, 07:38 PM
Nick O time:
I read that Magazine
I love that magazine, the first time I ever got it I read it like 100 times. It's great.

Ditto!

Treefall25
08-06-2003, 07:57 PM
hey thats sounds like a hot magazine but can someone tell me wut it said about the evil omen cause i just got mine and wanted to know wut it said. thanx a lot

Doc Nickel
08-06-2003, 09:39 PM
What makes the mag even cooler is they have a great Whiteboard (http://www.the-whiteboard.com/) comic at the back.

:D

Doc.

TigerMan
08-06-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Treefall25
hey thats sounds like a hot magazine but can someone tell me wut it said about the evil omen cause i just got mine and wanted to know wut it said. thanx a lot

They didn't have a review on the Omen. They only did so many markers.

Treefall25
08-06-2003, 10:37 PM
alright thanx anyway

Robbo
09-24-2003, 10:00 AM
Thanks Yanks for the comments, they are much appreciated :)
We will try to keep all you lot happy and I think you'll like the new revamp we just done on the magazine even more.
If any of you are heading down to Miami for the NPPL, come over to the PGI booth and say 'hi' and pick up the latest magazine.
Or come and find me (I'll be with my team Nexus) and I will give ya a copy.
Happy days !
Robbo

Manning26
09-24-2003, 12:59 PM
Hey, I'll be in the booth, Robbo will be running around trying to get girls to look at him, so you'll be saying hi to me.

Thanks for the comments guys, we're getting everything together for the next What Paintball Gear? right now. Plus, PGI will have a new look at the World Cup. Same helpful content, with a new pretty-boy look. We're like Brad Pitt ... you know, like Fight Club Brad Pitt, except mixed with a boyscout..... and, uh, no Jennifer Aniston.

We're like that.

P4ULuk
11-10-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by TigerMan
I just picked this magazine up, it's made by the magazine PGI, and I must say it's been one of my favorites I've read. It's a yearly type edition thing I believe, of all current gear. They have reviews on everything from markers, hoppers, gear, masks, barrels etc. of all the current gear of 2003. And I must say, it's one of the most unbiased magazine editions I've read. Though they wouldn't flat out say "this marker is bad," they weren't afraid to nitpick at little things and grade on scale of 1-5 in certain areas. They'd say where they thought it was lacking at well. They gave really high praise for the X-Mag as well too. The only thing I'd really disagree with were some of the lower end marker reviews, but I did find their review of the Spyder Imagine funny. They said and I quote W.P.G magazine, "It's cheap. It's a Spyder. It has an electronic trigger. We're sure they'll lots of them. 'Nuff said."

I liked the magazine. It's been one of my favorites to read. When they come out with the next guide, I'll be looking for it.

I did a few of the lower end marker reviews, what didn't ya like? :)

Paul.
:)

punkcmonkiez
11-10-2003, 04:05 PM
i have a copy and its a great magazine but i think they should have reviewed some more commenly used guns.. i also thought they reviews to many cockers but thats just me...also they should have done barrel reviews on a wider range of barrels thats about all i thought could be better

Nick O time
11-10-2003, 04:35 PM
someone upped an old thread.:p

Caffiend
11-11-2003, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by Manning26

We're like Brad Pitt ... you know, like Fight Club Brad Pitt, except mixed with a boyscout..... and, uh, no Jennifer Aniston.

We're like that.

Can I get my subscription WITH Jennifer Aniston? :D

TigerMan
11-12-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by P4ULuk

I did a few of the lower end marker reviews, what didn't ya like? :)

Paul.

The only one I really disagreed with was the JT one. I'd don't remember exactly what it was, just that it got a little higher rating than I'd expect from the experience I had when using one. That's just me though. But overall, all the articles were very informative and well layed out (even the JT one :p). Great job though on all the reviews. :)

P4ULuk
11-13-2003, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by TigerMan

The only one I really disagreed with was the JT one. I'd don't remember exactly what it was, just that it got a little higher rating than I'd expect from the experience I had when using one. That's just me though. But overall, all the articles were very informative and well layed out (even the JT one :p). Great job though on all the reviews. :)

lol naaa that's cool. I didn't do that one :D :D :D :D

Paul