PDA

View Full Version : increasing the output of a fixed tank????

JUGGAJOSH
08-06-2003, 05:56 PM
I have a Crossfire tank fixed at850psi. I just got an x-valve and I would like to get more reactivness out of my gun without buying a new, much more expensive adjustable tank. Can i increase the pressure coming out of my tank to around 950 psi. Thanks for any help.

Lohman446
08-06-2003, 08:21 PM
Don't do it.

Ok, I looked into this and talked to a lot of people about it about a month or two ago. In theory more shims on top of the spring will force the tank to build higher pressure to get air out and increase your pressure.

However, talking to people who have helped in the design process of regulators, it seems these shims are measured to extremely tight tolerances to get to where they should be. One shim may skyrocket your pressure to over 1200 or more - while your gun may handle it, this is playing with things best left alone. In the long run your best buying an adjustable tank - I know Air America was selling Raptor Rex tanks for under $200 earlier this year. In the long run, 800 to 900 PSI seems to be what most people with mags and adustable tanks run... so I guess your better off just letting yours be for now (thats what I did after looking into this - I have checked the output on my tank to be consistent at 830 - preset tank)

Nobody077
08-06-2003, 11:52 PM
Messing with a preset reg is dangerous. You can call Crosfire and ask if they can modify it for you but I wouldent recomend doing it yourself. As for the 850psi into a X-valve you should be fine, let the o-rings break in and learn the trigger and it should be very reactive at 850psi. I run my retro at 750psi and its very easy to speetspot, at 850psi it will runaway if not carefull.