PDA

View Full Version : Who Am I?

Lawrence TB Wright
08-06-2003, 09:43 PM
I saw a post in one of the threads below asking who I was. So I thank Mother of MXS for posting something about me and I figured I would kinda state who I was and why this forum is back.

I have been playing paintball for almost 4 years. In that time, I have played over 67 scenario paintball games all over the country. I started, Scenario News, almost 2 years ago and I have watched it grow to over 7000 subscribers. We are 'niche' magazine that caters specifically to the scenario player. I have played every role from demolitions to the commander and known success and failure as most everybody else. After meeting Tom at the MXS, Twin Towers game, we had a chance to sit and talk. He told me of the attempt to bring the scenario players to this forum and that it had failed.

We met up again at Dewayne Convirs, D-Day and had not only a chance to play together but to get into a in depth talk about scenarios and AGD stepping into the scenario arena in a big way. One of the things we came to, was me closing down the Scenario News forum and having the people who post there move to here. I am also talking with the many scenario teams and captains that I know about moving to here as well. We will be trying to get this forum to grow and become one of the easiest and best places on the internet to find out about scenario games and scenario paintball industry. Welcome back to the Scenario Forum and I look forward to talking to all of you in more detail.

Darkstorm
08-07-2003, 02:30 AM
Well, might as well get into the spirit of the Thread.

Darkstorm: Texas Ranger

I have been aka "Darkstorm" for almost 20yrs. Back in my old MUD and Galaxytrader days when I use to be online on dark and stormy nights. I have been a national champion video gamer and lead the team RLW (Run Like Women) to victory, plus I have autographs from Aerosmith because I was the regional Revolution X champion. Paintball just had to happen.

I wear the brightest outfits you never wanted to see on a paintball field. I don't need cammo because people can never seem to find me, even though I am 6'8". I has kind of become my thing to show up in the most unlikely places on the field. If you are alone and think no one is there, I am probably going to walk up behind you.

I play with a mechanical mag because I am so busy, that when I play, I need a gun that I know is going to work. What can I say, but thanks for the great gun Tom.

Pyrate Jim
08-07-2003, 04:17 PM
I'm jealous.
I wish I could go all over the country to play scenario...But home and family are more important. And we don't get many scenario's up here in New England.
They are becoming more popular with the one-day format, but I still need to travel several states away for the good games.
I've probably been playing scenario since '95, when I found out about the 28hr games at Survival New York. Been to every one they've held since.

Me 'ats off to ya, Mr Wright! Thank you for starting a rag specifically for those of us who enjoy the role-playing and camaraderie of Scenario!

MXS
08-07-2003, 10:33 PM
Any AO-ers who need information on the Texas Throwdown can drop me a line or get their information from the official website here: Texas Throwdown (http://www.mxstexasthrowdown.com)
Tom's scheduled to be there, as well as a mess of industry folks, just so they can hang out, eat Texas barbecue, play some paintball and meet the players.
It's a first in Texas and is the premiere of an annual event we aim to make THE event of the scenario season.
:cool:

no_doz
08-10-2003, 02:46 PM
mxs u aint a mod lol, im jealous too.

DragonMan
08-25-2003, 09:05 PM
Well I'll jump on this thread that my friend TB posted.
I'm called DragonMan and I play with the Mayberry Marauders. We have been a scenario team for quite some time now. And scenario is the only paintball that I play.

Like TB, I have played all over the country and seen this sport grow by leaps and bounds. If you haven't played a true scenario game yet, you just don't know what you are missing.

Come on out and try it. Try taking a role. You just might get hooked. Stop by the Marauder camp and we'll share some of our stories with you. You might also want to subscribe to Scenario News and read about the events that are happening all over the country. They even have some pretty good writers working for them. ;)

I'll be seeing many of you at Shatnerball, MXS at Sherwood Forest and the MXS Texas Throwdown.

Until then...
DragonMan

judster
08-28-2003, 10:56 PM
i too will step up and post here. i am judster of the scenario team Atomic Wedgie. we are a close nit team that plays very well together. in 14 games played we have earned 10 awards form MVP to best role player. we have also traveled to many states to play in games. I have also been a faithful mag owner for over 11 years. most of the team plays with a mag and my wife is on the list for a x-mag. think back to your first time palying paintball, on that rec ball weekend. remember how it hooked ya? now take that spread it out over 26 hours, add role players, major fire fights, and a score you have yourself a scenario game!!! ive played tourney, ive played rec. to me there is only one kind of paintball, scenario. its a family.

Jaasper
08-30-2003, 01:49 AM
Gotta add to the thread too. Another member of a long time Texas scenario team, The <A href=http://www.wiz-bang.net/brotherhood>Brotherhood</a>. We have been to quite a few Viper and MXS games. We even made it to the Camp Blanding game in Florida. That was a blast. We have recently started our own small venue scenario <a href=http://www.wiz-bang.net>company</a> based out of Fort Worth, Tx. We have our 3rd annual 10 Hour Christmas game coming up in November.

Have to agree with everyone else here. Scenario ball is the only way to play. Some of us should be at TZ (<A Href=http://www.viperpaintball.com>Twilight Zone</a>) in FairField, Tx this September. Stop by and say Hi! Can't miss us.

IronKong51
09-01-2003, 06:23 PM
I will through my hat into this arena as well My name is FLIP I to am a member of the Mayberry Marauders The AOers call me IronKong51
I first set foot on a paintball field when i was 15 ...29 now you do the math i have seen this sport go far beyond anything most people thought it would and after playing my first scenario in 1994 operation thunder road to be exact i have been addicted ever since, much like my buddy TB I have played every role from grunt to commander but most know me for my tank busten and antics as a demo man....
I have attended over 35 scenario games all over the U.S. i will play them till they carry me off on a stretcher and I will barrel tag every one of them on the way out.....
I am glade to be here and to know all of you and i will be posting here a lot in the future

ALL hail the MOnkey King

Trips
09-01-2003, 10:41 PM
Let me join in as well...

They call me Trips. I am the Diplomatic Officer for the Texas Rangers Paintball Scenario Team. I also serve as one of the teams field commanders during games.

Started playing "the game" in 1983, back in the days when you brought your own can of paint thinner to try and save your cammies.

Played a bunch of scenarios, some major, some minor. Most proud of the M.O.U.T., Shatnerball I, and the Twin Towers.
Games where "History" was made and just a ton of fun for everyone.

I am also one of the owners of OP FORCE Paintball Productions. *shameless plug*
I am the companies Ultimate Judge.

I was a member of, and a Lead Referee for, the "Dream Team" Referee staff at MXS's Fandango. I will again be a lead ref at the Texas Throwdown in December in Houston.

What a great time to be involved in scenario paintball!!! Our corner of the PB world is coming into its own very quickly. Tom Kaye simply rocks! Great to count him among the ever growing community.

manike
09-19-2003, 06:52 PM
I'm Spartacus...

http://www.hondavfrclub.org/forum/images/smilies/laff.gif

See you all at the throwdown. :D

Renegades.Knight.Owl
12-31-2003, 12:55 AM
knight owl team renegades
we are primarly out of colorado and we play senario paint ball as well nice to meat yall

Flip
12-31-2003, 02:02 AM
Hey all

This is the other Flip, Team 10th Mtn. Another Coloradoan stopping in to say hey to all my Scenario Brothers & Sisters and hey to TB too! Missed ya in OK, don't know how (you are a big target after all :D ) Hope to see everyone "in the middle" soon.

IronKong51/FLIP... You da MAN! I have played with and against the Marauders and every game, I know there's a team out there that is outstanding! The side doesn't matter, always stand-up play! One of these days we need to shoot... at or against each other lol

IronKong51
12-31-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Flip
Hey all

IronKong51/FLIP... You da MAN! I have played with and against the Marauders and every game, I know there's a team out there that is outstanding! The side doesn't matter, always stand-up play! One of these days we need to shoot... at or against each other lol

Hey man I love that name its a great one!!! thanks for the kind words and i feel the same about 10th you guys rock i have always had a great time playing with you guys no matter what side of my barrel you guys are on. drop me and the guys a line at the site any time.....

FLIP TMK

Desert Eskimo
01-20-2004, 01:17 AM
I'm Eskimo. I've been playing scenario games for a little over 4 years now. Been everything from grunt to general to Ultimate ref.

Favorite games have been Anasazi (the noah's ark game), Twilight Zone '01, and reffing the Throwdown.

edweird
03-16-2004, 02:29 AM
Who is me?

That random loud mag guy that got dragged into the big-scenario game scene by his love to hang out with fellow ao'ers... and who'd a thunk it... its grown on me :)

Thanks to the random AO'ers and my buddies on Evil INC for fostering my induction to scenario ball. Much love, even for the much abused Cherry.

FlashTX
04-12-2004, 05:28 PM
Ed...you're just weird! :p

Hey man, do you think you'll make it down to Texas again for the Throwdown? Hopefully with this much pre-planning time, you can pull it off...it'd be great to see ya again bro!

Team Sandbaggers OWNZ Tex-ball! :cool:

Hasty8
06-09-2004, 04:09 PM
Real name is Keith. I've been involved in the sport for about 5 or 6 years now, mostly scenario games. I'm finally getting into the area where I actually have a "disposable income" and so I can enjoy the sport a bit more. I steered towards the scenario games because they were definate dates that I could save for. With recball it was to easy to blow it off for work or school.

I plan to get into it more this summer and each summer hereafter but during the winter I usually stop playing. There are just no really good indoors fields for my style of play. I prefer a very large field. Once my schedule evens out I'll be looking for a solid groups of guys to start a scenario/recball team with. I'm just not that interested in competition play. This is a hobby for me and I choose to leave the competition at the office.

When not playing I often fill the role of "paintball evangelist". I know all the statistics of sport safety (did you know that baring general sport related injuries, water polo is more dangerous that paintball) and act pro-actively in the shaping of public opinion about the sport. When Baltimore was attempting to pass some rediculous legislation to essentaily ban the sport in the particular city I was very involved in generating the grassroots movement that would have fought to prevent the passage of the bill but the bill was simply ignored and sunset out without ever being brought before the council.

I'm thinking of building a tank sometime in the coming years using the FireStormCrank and a multi-shot capable. The tank would double as a troop carrier. As soon as I pass my welding cert tests and get my ASE certification I'll be getting started on it. Hopefully it will be hitting the fields by 2010. Think custom welded nightmare ala "Animal House" with Mattracks and you will have only scratched the surface.

Well, that's pretty much all about me.

DiRTyBuNNy
06-19-2004, 09:50 PM
Well..I'll introduce myself...my name is Danial "Dirty Bunny" Lathum. I've been involved in Paintball for about 10 years now (this year is year #10). I've played scenario and tourney paintball and since I'm getting up there in years (27 is old for tourneys these days) I've decided to go back to teh fun side of paintball and get more into scenarios. The last two scenarios I was involved in were a few years ago although I did help a little with MPP's game with Tom vs. Bud a year or so ago. I was a part of two of the MXS games in Escondido in 2001 (Four Horsemen) and 2002 (Anasazi). I'm not part of any team; i usually just latch onto a good group of guys when I get there and have fun with them.

Smakman
07-31-2004, 02:47 PM
I started playing in 1986 with a Splatmaster. I soon bought 3 more just so I could have other people with guns to play with. I would spring for the paint and CO2 as well. I still have 3 of those first guns. For several years, I was out of the game as I drove a truck over the road. I finally got a local job and started thinking about getting back into the game, but the nearest place to play was an hour away and didn't really cater to the kind of paintball that I enjoy most........woods play. So, I started kicking around the idea of throwing together a small field to get people to come to me to play with and maybe in the process I would get some excercise. Well, evidently, I don't know when to quit. Four years and a lot of sweat and money later, I am still building, trying to make each game a little better than the last and add more infrastructure to the field and camping/staging area.

To give the player a great game at a great price. That is my bottom line. This isn't my bread and butter nor do I expect it to ever be. I do paintball because I enjoy it and I want to host and produce games for others who enjoy it. I want all of my players to have fun and play safely and with integrity. Safety is number one at my field as it should be at every field. If you want to play at a game where safety and honesty come first, give us a
"heads up" and let us know you are coming. We'll throw another burger on the grill for you. Safety, honesty, fun.....in that order. Smak Zone Paintball (http://www.smakzone.com)

paullus99
08-25-2004, 10:38 AM
Hello all,

I'm Lawrence & have been playing paintball since 1988 (16 years now :eek: ). Just recently got into scenario play - although if I had known more about it, I would have been doing it for years as well.

I'm now part of the Knight Stalkers Scenario Team - www.knightstalkerspaintball.com - we are a team dedicated to bringing more scenarios to Maryland. Our home field is Outdoor Adventures in Bowie, MD - www.oapaintball.com - and we are actively working with the field owners to bring a major scenario to the field sometime in 2005.

We just got back from Final Countdown, a Blackcat Production, at Skyline Paintball in Strasburg, VA - where we all had a blast! The team has a full schedule for the next few months - including the Ghost Mountain Scenario at EMR in late October.

Lawrence
Knight Stalkers Scenario Team
www.knightstalkerspaintball.com
Outdoor Adventures, Bowie MD
www.oapaintball.com

Cilio- Knightmare Tango
08-25-2004, 03:43 PM
Paullus99,

Nice site and all the best to your new team.

Dave

paullus99
08-26-2004, 06:22 AM
Thanks much! We saw you guys out at Contagion back in May - :cheers: It was a blast to hang with you guys (although we sure as heck didn't see too much of you out on the field, you were too busy tearing the other team apart).

Too bad nightplay got cancelled on Sat. - but we were at Skyline this past weekend & it rained most of the day on Saturday this time around, by mid-afternoon you could barely walk around without slipping and sliding - so the night game might have been a bit much (don't want anyone getting hurt).

Final Countdown was great - Booyah makes an interesting general, to say the least.

See you around!

txrabbit
09-08-2004, 11:38 AM
cruisin the forums, and got bored, so i figured i'd throw in my 2 cents worth.

my name is robert, but everyone that's played w/me know me as rabbit. i've been playing for 13yrs now, and been playin scenarios for 2. i'm a faithful blackcat baller, and have played against knight owl and flip from co. at one of the last bcp games in n.m. i've generaled 2 games, and done a whole lot of role playing. i play with the crossed hares out of elp, tx, and alongside southwest voodoo out of tucson.

Trina
09-25-2004, 11:15 PM
Hey everyone!! :D

Well, for those who don't know me yet, my name is Trina DuBois and I've been playing paintball for about 6+ years now and love every aspect of it.

I don't really play on a scenario team or anything, but end up going out on the field with different people each time. I like playing with anyone and everyone! :D I think some of what makes it fun for me, is to get out and play with people I've never met and afterwards getting to know eachother and talking about the events of the day!

I was in the Army for 5 years, so I've learned a little tactical stuff in basic...and being married to "AO's Drill Sergeant", Doobie, well that helps too :D

Eric Of Extreme Measures
11-02-2004, 12:25 AM
Hey everyone!! :D

Well, for those who don't know me yet, my name is Trina DuBois and I've been playing paintball for about 6+ years now and love every aspect of it.

I don't really play on a scenario team or anything, but end up going out on the field with different people each time. I like playing with anyone and everyone! :D I think some of what makes it fun for me, is to get out and play with people I've never met and afterwards getting to know eachother and talking about the events of the day!

I was in the Army for 5 years, so I've learned a little tactical stuff in basic...and being married to "AO's Drill Sergeant", Doobie, well that helps too :D
you get um Trina!

Eric :shooting:

Trina
11-02-2004, 12:28 AM
hehehe!! ;) Your turn Eric....

Eric Of Extreme Measures
11-02-2004, 12:41 AM
Alright fine!

Im Eric of Extreme Measures of Connecticut. we are a local paintball team that mainly plays backwoods games we can put together in places that require us having scubatanks. i have been playing for 4 years now and have put more money into this sport/passion than i could ever admit except to a priest on my death bed. we have been to the twin towers, return of the king, return to the wolves lair, Shatner 2 and 3, War of attrition, 3 Castle quests, Eight leged Freaks and i am sure have left a few out. we play at Stragity Plus in CT, EMR, and where the paint may fly.
i run group homes for the MR was a Fireman and many otherthings too and if anyone ever wants to question how much i love this sport, well you better have a mask on, cuz your gonna get painted.

Im Eric of Extreme Measures

Eric Of Extreme Measures
11-02-2004, 12:43 AM
Damm it, AONE 2004 too, with you, how could i forget that!!!!!!!

Eric Of Extreme Measures
11-02-2004, 12:45 AM
feel like a jerk for leaving that out, and may i say i cant wait for more of those, but not eating at that place again, we are going some where we can sit down and have the food brought to us, ok. i was not well that night!!!
:tard:
Eric

TOMBSTONE
12-24-2004, 09:38 PM
tombstone , hollywood ,slimjim,big j, scotty , smeggy,matt splat,josh,jeff[a.d.d],

Team NIGHTSTALKERS :shooting:

Kodiak
01-02-2005, 12:22 AM

Played my first scenairo game 05/04 (Colorado Border Wars). I am now HOOKED!

MR. sloth
12-23-2005, 10:16 AM
well I'm sloth aka viking/thebigbadviking
Iwas a founding member of BROKE D with psycho and my brother
now with a new team MONKEY THERoY i took a new name
i've been playing since the days of pumps and shop goggles
looking foward to a great year 2006

kansas kaos
05-04-2006, 01:27 AM
Hey TB, haven't seen you since OK/DD '03.....
Well I'm probably best known as the Commander of the Infamous 82nd WepCo, however I'm also co-founder & owner of the Tribal Owners Group (TOG). I've played most every scenario in the midwest and some tourney speedball as well. I've been around long enough to know most of you guys personally and a good portion of the rest thru the forums.
I recently moved from Kansas to Texas, after I settle in I'll look for a scenario based team on this side of Texas. If not I guess I can form one or learn to like driving alot.

Mike Smith
05-04-2006, 04:21 AM
You can play with TB at the 1st annual Alamo in Copperas Cove, TX on May 27, 2006. He's generaling as Santa Ana. You can read about it here:
Alamo scenario (http://www.viperscenarios.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=3148)

kansas kaos
05-04-2006, 12:41 PM
You can play with TB at the 1st annual Alamo in Copperas Cove, TX on May 27, 2006. He's generaling as Santa Ana. You can read about it here:
Alamo scenario (http://www.viperscenarios.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=3148)
Interesting you should mention that, a few of us planned on attending but were considering defending the Alamo.... it seemed a little more challenging that wat with the 4:1 odds. But I wouldn't mind running with TB.... plus I'd get to shoot my pals for a change. :rolleyes:
The only reason we've been dragging our feet tho is because so far it's only a 6 hour one day event. Viper said if he got 80 players or more he'd throw a game on Sunady as well.... a Sunday event would definitely get us there. :headbang:

omegaredghost
07-22-2006, 07:52 PM
this is ghost from omegared been playing for ten years on and off omegared is a subteam for woodland warriors been hitting the tour of duty for two years now and loving it. also an automag owner :)

magbackforgood
08-19-2006, 07:16 PM
From the great state of South Carolina. My name is Robert. I have been playing since about 2000. they call me Round O because of where i am from.the big city of Round O, S.C. I am the last of team Devil Dogs. They used to be about 7-10 of us but slowly everyone has go there own way or had something else take up their paintball time.Have bben to Oklahoma to D-Day back in 2001or 2002. Also A Wayne Dollack game at Wildfire paintball in GA. Many local events at Paintball of Charleston. We chose Devil Dogs out of respect of the marines in the World Wars. the germans gave this name to the marines because the marines were tough, countinued to fight and never gave up. They earned this name and to honor them we tried to be just and tough and never giving up on helping our team. But i will always love paintball and have found that my brother-in-laws are very interested in paintball and when my wife and i move to Georgia we are going to get back into scenarios hopefully. I have already sold tippmanns to him, his brother and their cousins so our numbers are back up to about eight right now and hopeful to grow soon. Waiting for money to get my ule on my mag and then i am ready. Hello to all Aoers!!!!!!!!!!!!