PDA

View Full Version : Problem I'm stumped on

RoadDawg
08-07-2003, 12:00 AM
Ok, I got an xvalve recently and it's played one full day of play and towards the end it started leaking when I didn't have pressure applied to the trigger on my Intelliframe. When I put pressure on it, it would stop. When there was none it would have a slow leak down the barrel. Could it be because I have too many shims in or one size to big on the carrier? Or could it be something else. I hope it's not the latter due to the fact I just bought the thing recently. Setup is a ULE mag. Xvalve, ule body, RF ule rail, intelliframe, 45/4500 flatline. Oh and it would cycle and fire fine. Just got annoying with that small leak. Any help is appreciated. Thanx

JadedT
08-07-2003, 12:05 AM
You probably shot enough to wear in your LX oring. Occurs to all LX/ Xvalves after 500-1000 shots. Try a smaller carrier with the SAME oring installed and tune it. And remember to always add a couple of drops of oil in your line prior to airing up. If you shoot a few cases a day like me, you'll need to do this a few times during the day. The LX is air and oil hungry. Hope this helps.

J.

RoadDawg
08-07-2003, 12:09 AM
I'll give that a try tomorrow (as it is 10 pm right now) thanx for the help. I've had a LX already but it never did this. Maybe I tuned it well from the start.

BlackVCG
08-07-2003, 06:30 PM
Your carrier is fine. When you pull the trigger slightly, it moves the bolt back just a bit. This pushes the vent hole in the bolt stem further back and makes it seal. The shims push the o-ring back further into the valve so what's happening is the o-ring is too far back and the point at which the bolt rests when you aren't touching the trigger is too close and thus the leak. Remove one or two shims and that will fix your problem.