PDA

View Full Version : X-Mag Power Problem

Willie Fattballz
08-07-2003, 10:34 AM
I need some help.

I was trying to connect the warp/intellifeed hook up to my X last night and I may have inadvertantly fried my board. There were two open jumpers on my board and I connected it to the top most jumper connected the power and then there was a chrip and a shake on the warp, then a small pop. I looked down at my board and on one of the solders there was bare wire and carbon....

What did I do wrong?

Here's the picture

Willie Fattballz
08-07-2003, 10:44 AM
Pic

Dayspring
08-07-2003, 11:45 AM
You're not supposed to mess with any jumpers in the gun. The Jumpers that you play around with are on the Warp.

The only thing you do inside the gun is hook the wire up. That's it.

bsolomon
08-07-2003, 06:00 PM
When he says jumpers, I think he is really refering to the little plastic connection sockets on the board. If I remember correctly, you need to attach the warp cable to the lower one (middle of the board), not the upper one (top of the board near the body). I might be mistaken, but I thought the upper connector is the one they use to plug in to flash the eprom.

Remington
08-07-2003, 06:06 PM
Yea, I did the same thing put fortunetly just put the warp harness in for a split second. It's definetly the lower one. ;)

:D

BlackVCG
08-07-2003, 06:23 PM
That top output was suppose to be used for the 18V output to the solenoid. That will fry a Warp instantly.

You need to explain your problem better. Is there something on your X-Mag board that looks fried, or just on the Warp board? Warp boards are cheap. X-Mag boards are not.

Willie Fattballz
08-07-2003, 09:07 PM
I think I fried my Mag board... the gun will not boot up and I can't get any response out of it.

I've got some more pics.

I plugged the white "connector" into the upper left most socket (sorry if I refered to it as a jumper) and the connected the power supply. That's when the poop got deep.

Inside the box is what I thought was fried, looked rather bare for a solder spot and carbonish residue

Willie Fattballz
08-07-2003, 09:08 PM
more pics

Recon by Fire
08-07-2003, 09:15 PM
Yeah, the top connector will fry you up good :( Think link a MSCSE and try to remove the battery completely and reattach it. Cross your fingers also and click your heels three times while attempting to turn you X back on.

dcmander
08-08-2003, 01:14 AM
LOL, sorry to hear that man..Would that be under warranty?

How much is a new board? :confused:

BlackVCG
08-08-2003, 01:53 AM
Send it back to AGD.

snakestang
08-08-2003, 07:32 AM
Yes send it to AGD. The top port is for loading data to the eeprom if I am correct. Just give them a call and get an RA #. Sorry about your down time.

Chris

Willie Fattballz
08-12-2003, 01:30 AM
Calling tomrrow to get my RA and number and ship this baby in....

now the dilemma X Valve or no X Valve.

evildead420
04-19-2006, 09:42 PM
well, thank god i found this thread. im about to connect my warp to my X, I was about to clip it from the top not the middle :nono: :tard: :cool:

sorry for the thread resurrection but the search did help instead of making a new "old" problem thread. :spit_take

snakestang
04-25-2006, 03:30 PM
I have not been on this site for a while! Glad you looked before you fried your board. And, thanks for the blast from the past. I wonder how my old X-Mag is doing?? Chuck (Willie)??

Chris