PDA

View Full Version : EMR's Castle Conquest- Pumps vs. Semi's

Cilio - Knightmare Tango
08-07-2003, 02:52 PM
On September 27th approx 150 pump players will be defending the Castle at EMR against 600 Semi attacker. The attackers are desperately looking for a few good men and women to TRY and show the pump players how quickly the castle will fall... or at least that's what they are saying. The defenders are ready to uphold the honor of the Old School. Are the attackers ready to TRY and prove that pumps are a thing of the past? We are PUMPED and ready to do our best defending. Our bodies are ready to take the welts that the attackers will dish out. Sign up for the attacking side and bring it on!!!
Copied directly off EMR site:

CASTLE CONQUEST XVI:
PURE PAINTBALL INSANITY! 110% ADRENALINE! DEFENDERS FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER WILL BE ALL PUMP PLAYERS led by the STOCK MARSHALLS! Do you have what it takes to take them down or the courage to join them? Only $25 prepaid by 9/13/03 for CASTLE CONQUEST Only or $35 at the event. $40 prepaid by 9/13/03 for the whole weekend or $50 at the event. ALL PREPAID PLAYERS entered into a drawing for a GOLD PLATED SPECIAL EDITION SHATNER SIGNATURE SERIES ILLUSION Pump Gun by ACTION MARKERS! CASTLE CONQUEST Saturday, Play under the lights Sat. Night or join the party in the Rec. Center. Open Field Play on Sunday and in addition the CANADIAN CONTINGENT will be running a pump only game. $1000's in PRIZE GIVEAWAYS all day Saturday. FPO! FAO! FREE LODGING! FREE CAMPING!

Contact Info:

Call EMR Today for Reservations, information or anyother question!

Email: emrpb@epix.net

Phone: (570) 465-9622

Fax: (570) 465-2834

For additional info, please contact E.M.R. Paintball Park at:

E.M.R. Paintball Park
PO Box 728
Rt 706 & 601
New Milford, PA 18834

Pyrate Jim
08-07-2003, 04:01 PM
Bah.
The attackers don't have game enough to roust the old men with pump guns.
Sadly enough, so few semi players are signed up that Blue has had to limit the number of defenders.
I guess the semi-totin' majority of players know better than to try to take on the players who actually aim - and hit who they're aiming at.

Anyone with a different opinion is welcome to express it on the boards, but the proof will be at EMR next month.
So don't talk...prove me wrong.
:p

SyntaxError
08-09-2003, 02:03 PM
NICE!!!

Dave, get me a pump an I'll show those semi shooters how to play ball!!

Cilio - Knightmare Tango
08-09-2003, 04:01 PM
I wish you had told me earlier, we could use ya Adam. I've got a couple of extra pumps, the problem is the defense is all filled up and there's a waiting list.

SyntaxError
08-10-2003, 10:46 AM
awww:(

See you guys at West Point though?

Tyger
08-10-2003, 01:02 PM
I'm already in. DEE-FENCE!!!!

I think we can hold 'em. I really do.

-Tyger

Pyrate Jim
08-10-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Tyger
I'm already in. DEE-FENCE!!!!

Dontcha mean in dee-castle?

Hold 'em?
Tell ya what, you hold 'em and I'll spank 'em.
:D

Cilio - Knightmare Tango
08-10-2003, 05:03 PM
Yup, we'll see you at West Point. I doubt they'd make it on the same weekend as the Castle game.

Meph
08-10-2003, 06:52 PM
It's quite easy. There's no chance they can win. Those puff-balls have been relying on dumping paint for the past decade. You think they have the ability to actually aim and pick people off? You must be joking!

There's, you know. Trees, leaves, wooden bunkers, the occasional woodland creature. The attackers are foreign to this land. They're going to walk around looking dazed and confused, wondering where all the netting is, where's the balloon bunkers, how come there's no camera, wondering where is Salm when you need him!!!

Nothing for us defenders to worry about. Will the castle fall in 3 hours? Probably not. But honestly, after 1 hour a few of us are going to be pretty laxxed. After the 1 hour mark, we have all the worlds' bragging rights. Even if you attackers DO take it over after that hour mark.... you're going to have to live in shame any ways. Because that's still not the fastest time, and against us lowly ol' pump players with our 2bps!

Just remember guys. When you attempt to charge the castle walls, don't suddenly be surprised to find out just how fast some of the older arms can pump that phantom and PGP and still light you up without a Halo necessary.

Though I do predict that the attackers will get in the walls. I mean after the first 3 hours there's a break in the game, they can come in then! No biggie, right? Of course.

SyntaxError
08-10-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Cilio - Knightmare Tango
Yup, we'll see you at West Point. I doubt they'd make it on the same weekend as the Castle game.

Just heard from Santos today, the WP game is Sept. 6th

laxkid
08-10-2003, 11:10 PM
I cant wait to play at castle conquest XVI you old guys dont stand a chance.

Cilio - Knightmare Tango
08-11-2003, 12:21 AM
This "old guy" (age: 35), might just be able to hang with the "younger guys". I'll bring my cane and try my best.

Adam,

What side you plan on playing on for WP? I was thinking maybe the Cartel, what do you think?

Meph
08-11-2003, 12:40 AM
Yeah, sure thing. Just wait til your battery dies, your pods are all empty, and your tank runs out of air. Then we'll see who stands a chance.

laxkid
08-11-2003, 01:50 PM
I dont have that much muns to spend on paintballs so I dont fire all of them at once I use my paint cauciosly I always bring an extra n2 tank and I use a mechanical mag.

penguinpunk555
08-11-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Meph

where is Salm when you need him!!!

that just cracked me up no but realy i feel bad for the pump players i feel they r going to get rolled on

Pyrate Jim
08-11-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by penguinepunk555
that just cracked me up no but realy i feel bad for the pump players i feel they r going to get rolled on

You don't play against many stockgunners, do you?

Always remember, The Best players use the least paint.

SyntaxError
08-11-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Cilio - Knightmare Tango

Adam,

What side you plan on playing on for WP? I was thinking maybe the Cartel, what do you think?

Haven't thought about it yet. I'll talk to Dave A and see what Prozac's plans are, then I'll get back to you.

later man,
adam

goat
08-11-2003, 11:22 PM
yep, Im officially gonna be on the inside....and this is gonna be my first "real" big game, all the other ones I have been to only had 50 people per team.
MUAAAAHHHHAAAAHhAaAAHAhah (evil laugh), making the trek up from southwest VA (9 hours) with rest of the VA chapter of the Paintball Marshalls.
goat

BigMatt-MadCustoms
08-11-2003, 11:43 PM
I am the coordinator for the Virginia chapter of the Paintball Marshals

I as well will be in the walls...

Beware the old man who carries the 18 year old Nelspot

cause he WILL welt your *** because he has no fear of the ball...

he is one with the ball..

he has been one with the ball since the ball wouldn't wipe off..

he is one who still plays with honor..

he is one who shot five out of seven just the other day using his Sniper II and they all had "tricked" out tippmann RT.. :)

he is one that invented the word fear

Go ahead try to get by me...

I Dare you...

And as was stated befor you better do it in less than an hour or your nothing but talk...

Jeffy-CanCon
08-12-2003, 12:07 PM
I figure that's the key, why the attackers are registering so slowly. There is really no way to come out of this one looking good.

(1) if they take the castle in anything worse than the fastest time ever(under 45min, SFAIK) they look like chumps. With 4-to-1 odds, semis vs. pumps, they need the biggest blowout ever. I don't see that happening!

(2) if they don't take the castle at all, They'll never live it down!

vdo_game_junkie
08-12-2003, 06:32 PM
Wow this sounds too cool. I would love to play in a game like this as a defender with my phantom or even my P68. Has this been done before?

penguinpunk555
08-13-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Pyrate Jim

You don't play against many stockgunners, do you?

Always remember, The Best players use the least paint.

if we have semi players laying paint for cover then the attackers can move up quickly and do suicide runs and probly will take the castle and what r the numbers right now?

Jeffy-CanCon
08-13-2003, 10:12 AM

if we have semi players laying paint for cover then the attackers can move up quickly and do suicide runs and probly will take the castle ...

That's the theory. But I've played a bunch of big games, and been 3 times at the castle. Large-scale coordination is pretty rare among paintballers. Lots of people are willing to throw paint, but few are willing to move forward under fire.

Most semi players are new (<2yrs), and useless under pressure. Most pump players have 5+ years of experience, and are used to picking their moments in a hail of paint.

ps - in your sig, it's spelled "captain"

Pyrate Jim
08-13-2003, 05:51 PM
do suicide runs

That's the spirit!
Come, break cover, and run at us!
We'll have a grand old time.

penguinpunk555
08-14-2003, 10:01 AM
ill still have pride when i get lit up by pump players i mean cmon if they have the skill to hit me with one ball the deserve it i will agree when i moved up to a electro my accurcey was down not good for a front player thats one reason im getting a mag hopefully with a benchmark frame nice and long so i wont fire so much and hopefully inprove my accurcey i think pump players have great skill but i think if enough people lay paint and give the runners cover the pump guys will get rolled on and any-who the ladies feel bad for u when u have welts all over u. i cant come im gunless right now wawawawawawawawawawawa =( stupid spyder clone piece of crap micro switch wel i gto 150 dollars right now im getting my gun fixed selling it for 150 then ill have 300 then hopefully ill have a nice mag

Pyrate Jim
08-14-2003, 03:32 PM
when i get lit up by pump players

======================================
I had to think about that. Normally, I'd say being "lit-up" and "Pump players" don't go together.
But in this case if you show so much as a toe, it'll get hit from dozens of different shooters

i think pump players have great skill
You can be one, too. One of Us! One of Us!

stupid spyder clone piece of crap micro switch
=======================================

H.K S.O.C.O.M.45
08-15-2003, 09:28 AM
If i had a pump gun i would def go i would like to show up and hear all the semis kids braggin than when the gams starts you pump players send them back in droves .

i might buy a cheap aci hornet or tracer and i might go but i dont really have the cash right now:( but hay i wish you guys good luck and maby when i get you guys age i will play stock . but hay i hope you role those semi good semi shooters (ok that was corny huh) well good luck .................................................. ................. hahahah i pity you semi people there gunne beat you guys bad i mean i shoto a semi and stock guys got skill watch out

penguinpunk555
08-16-2003, 01:55 PM
ok i have a gun but i cant make it anyway my first 2 guns were pumps they were fun but i am a tourney player so i wanna stick with semi

Vendetta
08-19-2003, 03:20 PM
Don't know if I can make it, but it would be fun. At Knightbreed we had a bit a practice this weekend in attacking and defending a "castle" pumps vs. semis. Semis won the first time, pumps the second.

Jeffy-CanCon
08-19-2003, 08:59 PM
Got any specific info on that?

- what was the ratio of attackers to defenders?
- were the pumpers attacking or defending when they won?

Coal-Cracker
08-21-2003, 02:18 PM
I'll be there. Was there for the first time for the Spring Castle as a defender and had a blast. It was a little "soggy" that day, though.

Just hope my Mag (sent to AGD for repairs) is back in my hands by then.

Pyrate Jim
08-21-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Coal-Cracker
It was a little "soggy" that day, though.

Everybody knows EMR stands for "Endless Mud and Rain"

Jeffy-CanCon
08-21-2003, 11:58 PM
That's not nice, Pyrate Jim! I've been to EMR four times, and only seen bad weather once.

Pyrate Jim
08-22-2003, 07:15 AM
Actually, it was Blue who started that one.
I figure if the owner of the field has a sense of humor then it's OK to pass it on.

This year it snowed at the March Meltdown, rained at the Spring Castle, rained during Twin Towers, and rain expected next weekend for Shatner.

I'm bringing tarps to Fall Castle.

Coal-Cracker
08-22-2003, 07:23 AM

Everybody knows EMR stands for "Endless Mud and Rain"

That's pretty good. I like that.

I have to admit, the weather wasn't too bad for the Bonehead's Game this Summer. A little humid - okay ALOT humid. Still, at least it didn't rain like was expected.

Jeffy-CanCon
08-22-2003, 10:11 AM
Rain next weekend? Oh, my arthritis... :(

I guess they are having a wet summer. I was there for March Meltdown this year, and I didn't find it too bad. The worst weather was on Sunday, driving home.

Pyrate Jim
08-22-2003, 01:34 PM
Heh. Yeah, the drive home from meatballs was something, we even lost stuff out of the truck on the ride. But three of us jammed into the cab of a toyota was worse than the weather.

But pics of Jim Masse in a dress made it worthwhile.

I won't be there for Shatner. But I'll pray to the RainGod to hold off for ya'll.

Jeffy-CanCon
08-23-2003, 03:18 PM
Thanks.

Albinonewt
08-27-2003, 07:36 AM
I guess the semi-totin' majority of players know better than to try to take on the players who actually aim - and hit who they're aiming at.

Nah, I just feel guilty shooting at my grandpa

Pyrate Jim
08-27-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Albinonewt

Nah, I just feel guilty shooting at my grandpa
That works both ways, ya young whippersnapper. Shooting grandchildren has little honor.

You know why KP's are so popular with old school guys?
'Cause they can use it as a crutch limping off the field.

Quickling
09-01-2003, 12:51 PM
This year it snowed at the March Meltdown, rained at the Spring Castle, rained during Twin Towers, and rain expected next weekend for Shatner.

well its a good thing that my PGP doesnt have barrel ports! I remember the days of taping ports and barrels coming with sleeves that covered them in bad weather.... today they just keep shootin. After all one of those 6- rnds has gotta hit right? :p

God I hate the calender, why are there so many days between then and now :(