PDA

View Full Version : Kazaa help please

poolshark5226
08-07-2003, 03:29 PM
Okay guys, I need your help. I'm probably dumb and the answer is simple, but I'm stumped. I spent the last 3 days or so downloading Boondock Saints on kazaa, and it finally finished. SO I go to play it, the sound works, but the image is that trippy visualization type thing that goes when music plays (I hope that makes sense) rather than the actual movie picture? ANy ideas on how I can get the actual movie working? Thanks

Miscue
08-07-2003, 03:32 PM
http://www.divx.com

poolshark5226
08-07-2003, 04:01 PM
thanks a lot man
im retarted:D

poolshark5226
08-07-2003, 05:10 PM
Okay, now I have a DivX problem. I downloaded the free version, and started watching the movie. About 45 minutes into the movie, a screen with the DivX logo comes on, and says for me to get more DivX movies and such. The then movie started from the very beginning. When I try to scroll forward, it stops and starts at the beginning again. Any ideas?

e mag
08-07-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by poolshark5226
Okay, now I have a DivX problem. I downloaded the free version, and started watching the movie. About 45 minutes into the movie, a screen with the DivX logo comes on, and says for me to get more DivX movies and such. The then movie started from the very beginning. When I try to scroll forward, it stops and starts at the beginning again. Any ideas?
i've never heard of the free version doing that, but they may have implemented that into the latest version. i though the only reason to buy it was if you didnt want the spyware and if you wanted to use it to encode movies (when it's not even that great). guess you will have to buy it.

Stotic
08-07-2003, 09:10 PM
It means that the Recording Industry is going to sue you! Actually...try the divx like he said. Aren't the RIA's threats intimidating?:rolleyes:

chizle97
08-07-2003, 11:48 PM
chances are it wasnt a complete file in the first place. A movie or ext can say its ______ long but not have that much info for picture and sound. but the info for thelength is still there thus your problem. But BUY BOONDOCK SAINTS. you wont regret it and also GO SEE THE 2nd ONE WHEN IT COMES OUT. Its gonna be super sweet i can tell ya now

poolshark5226
08-08-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by chizle97
BUY BOONDOCK SAINTS. you wont regret it and also GO SEE THE 2nd ONE WHEN IT COMES OUT. Its gonna be super sweet i can tell ya now

defenitely gonna buy it, I cant stand only watching it on my crappy monitor...is the new one gonna have the same plot? It might be a little lame then

poolshark5226
08-08-2003, 11:00 AM
I have a quick boondock saints question, and I don't really want to start a new thread for it.
What do the tatoos on the brother's hands say? I think it's latin, but what do they mean? thanks

-Jôker-
08-08-2003, 11:35 AM
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BOONDOCK SAINTS 1.

Q: What does "veritas and aequitas" mean?
A: Veritas means Truth and Aequitas means Equality or Justice.

that answer the ?
:D

poolshark5226
08-08-2003, 12:40 PM
Yep, I figured out veritas, and assumed aequitas meant justice. thanks though:) I might get the words engraved onto the winds of my rt's rail:D

EsPo
08-08-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Stotic
It means that the Recording Industry is going to sue you! Actually...try the divx like he said. Aren't the RIA's threats intimidating?:rolleyes:
its RIAA :)

and I've downloaded more lately than ever.. just because... of them.

ZAust
08-08-2003, 03:17 PM
yes.. go buy the movie.. and then you can watch the hotel scene over.. and over.. and over.. and over.. and over.. and over.. and over.. and over.. and over.. not that ive ever done that!!! :D and the day i turn 18, im getting veritas tattooed on my left index finger. i cant wait.

Zumina
08-10-2003, 01:46 AM
Just get the newest version of WMP instead of getting another player. It will automatically download the needed codec.

poolshark5226
08-16-2003, 11:52 AM
Okay, I just finished dl'ing Reservoir Dogs, and same problem. 20 minutes into the movie on the DivX viewer, it goes to a DivX logo screen, and when I try to fast forward through the movie it won't let me. I tried watching it through Kazaa, as it worked with Boondock Saints after I got DivX, but all Kazaa shows is the visualization thing...anyone?

edit: where can I get the new WMP? If I get it, will all my files/playlists on it be deleted?

e mag
08-16-2003, 12:29 PM
In my opinion, you shouldn't have something engraved on your gun or tattooed onto your finger just cause its from a cool movie and doesn't really mean anything to you. And yes, what's on their hands and what they say when they kill people is in latin. It's really suprising how many dumb kids I have heard say it and when I ask them what it means they have no clue, even if you don't know any latin it shouldnt be that hard to figure out.
edit: Get wmp9 from microsoft.com, and as far as I know the RIAA has nothing to do with downloading movies. As for kazaa, I wouldn't waste your time with it, most movies are usually mislabeled and you rarely get a good connection. I would recommend either DC++ or irc.

FutureMagOwner
08-16-2003, 12:36 PM
well just download full divx from kazaa!

e mag
08-16-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
well just download full divx from kazaa!
You only need it if you want to encode stuff.

poolshark5226
08-16-2003, 01:22 PM
Well I got the newest version of WMP, and it still crashes when I try to watch Reservoir Dogs

e mag
08-16-2003, 04:33 PM
what codecs have you installed so far?