PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla Pepsi

Miscue
08-07-2003, 04:58 PM
Wondered if anyone tried it yet... what you think?

Kai
08-07-2003, 05:15 PM
When did that come out?

logamus
08-07-2003, 05:16 PM
anything with the word 'pepsi' in it is most likely gross.

Kai
08-07-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by logamus

Pffft...

I bet you like Coke products.

acecl22
08-07-2003, 05:43 PM
what is pepsi doin, just sapping ideas off of coke (vanilla coke)

RetroEclipseMan
08-07-2003, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I just tried it on Tuesday. I guess it actually isn't out yet in Washington but a friend of mine happened to have some since his girlfriend works at fred myer and was given a case to try before the shelves were stalked. It's not bad though. I actually like it a bit better than Vanilla Coke.

RRfireblade
08-07-2003, 06:57 PM

Tried it by accident.(Darn wife) Almost made me sick.Could qualify as "gross".

Jay.

irbodden
08-07-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by acecl22
what is pepsi doin, just sapping ideas off of coke (vanilla coke)

it's not like coke invented the idea

The vanilla is just condensed milk in the normal coke, people have been doing it forever.

SG Avenger
08-07-2003, 07:47 PM
Garr!!! must try. I love trying out new sodas.

I wasnt to keen on Code Red, but then I had it warm, and it was all good. Vanilla coke got old fast.

I'm probably the only one who enjoyed Crystal Pepsi.. that stuff was amazing.. I still have empty cans of it back at my house in Cali.. hehe.. they are what like 8 years old now?

GRAPE SODA FOREVER.

fire1811
08-07-2003, 07:47 PM
nasty
almost as bad of an idea as there crystal pepsi

acecl22
08-07-2003, 07:51 PM
it's not like coke invented the idea

The vanilla is just condensed milk in the normal coke, people have been doing it forever.

yeah, but didnt pepsi come out with some kind of cherry pepsi after coke came out with cherry coke

darklord
08-07-2003, 07:59 PM
Coca~Cola definitely did not invent flavored syrup in sodas... wayyyy back in the 50's and 60's you could go to soda fountains and get a soda with vanilla flavoring, etc. in it.... I had a real vanilla coke (not the bottled/canned kind) once and it was wayyyy better than the bottled stuff, but the bottled stuff is good. I'll have to keep my eye out for vanilla pepsi....

SG Avenger
08-07-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by darklord
Coca~Cola definitely did not invent flavored syrup in sodas... wayyyy back in the 50's and 60's you could go to soda fountains and get a soda with vanilla flavoring, etc. in it....

Personaly I like Chocolate Cokes [coke being a generic term]
Also have had blueberry, pinnaple, strawberry, real vanilla, and.. yeah that's it [grin] good stuff.

.bolink
08-07-2003, 08:10 PM
If you ever want to indulge in a AUTHENTIC Vanilla coke...go to waffle house. They add in the syrup themselves and it is way better than the canned/bottled stuff.

bornl33t
08-07-2003, 08:17 PM
DR PEPPER

micromag98c
08-07-2003, 09:02 PM
i think i was one of the few that actually liked pepsi blue YUMM!!

Stotic
08-07-2003, 09:05 PM
Pepsi Blue...yuck. How could you ever indulge yourself in that smurf juice?

Load SM5
08-07-2003, 09:25 PM
Just polished off my first one. Not bad but I think I like the 'nilla coke a little more.

xadamx
08-07-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Heat
DR PEPPER

hell yes!

p8ntballsnowman
08-07-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by darklord
Coca~Cola definitely did not invent flavored syrup in sodas... wayyyy back in the 50's and 60's you could go to soda fountains and get a soda with vanilla flavoring, etc. in it.... I had a real vanilla coke (not the bottled/canned kind) once and it was wayyyy better than the bottled stuff, but the bottled stuff is good. I'll have to keep my eye out for vanilla pepsi....

Actually if u go to 7-11 then u can put vannilla, lemon, and something else i forget in ur soda. Probly close to the same thing. Anyways u should all just drink Jolt.

darklord
08-07-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by p8ntballsnowman

Actually if u go to 7-11 then u can put vannilla, lemon, and something else i forget in ur soda. Probly close to the same thing. Anyways u should all just drink Jolt. Interesting... guess I don't go to 7-11 enough, if at all, lol.... there's only one in my area and it's not exactly "on the way" to anything.... but I'll have to check that out :D

p8ntballsnowman
08-07-2003, 10:47 PM
Yeah, its good stuff. U can also drink just the syrup straight. Good stuff.

cheetah256
08-07-2003, 11:53 PM
yep. 7-11 jas vanilla, lemon, and cherry syrup. i've only had the cherry stuff in coke, and it turned out really good...

heftylefty
08-08-2003, 03:20 AM
its all about the strawberry fanta and the lilikoi passion hawaiian sun:)

SG Avenger
08-08-2003, 06:19 AM
I tell you, the best FANTA is the Lime Fanta... I've never seen it here in the states though.

MarkM
08-08-2003, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by SG Avenger
I tell you, the best FANTA is the Lime Fanta... I've never seen it here in the states though.

??? don't you mean Lemon?

SG Avenger
08-08-2003, 07:41 AM
Is it lemon? I'm pretty sure it was lime, it was a light green color, had a very sharp taste to it.

Nope. it was definatly Lime.

After cruising the US Fanta site [totaly worthless] It didnt have it there. Checked the UK site [little better] didnt have it. But on the flavors on www.fanta.de they had it.

m-98
08-08-2003, 09:01 AM
None of those can compare to Jones Fufu Berry Soda.

FreakBaller12
08-08-2003, 10:06 AM
JONES soda is the Sh**!!!!
i can't find it anywhere where i live tho
any1 feel liek shipping me a free filled bottle???:D

MarkM
08-08-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by SG Avenger
Is it lemon? I'm pretty sure it was lime, it was a light green color, had a very sharp taste to it.

Nope. it was definatly Lime.

After cruising the US Fanta site [totaly worthless] It didnt have it there. Checked the UK site [little better] didnt have it. But on the flavors on www.fanta.de they had it.

Ok well I thought you had made the error in the spelling as the Lemon when bought in Europe is spelt LIMON or even LIMEN depending on the country ;)
The lemon flavour has only been available in the UK since last year but then that was due to demand from the public as we all went on our holidays and bought it so wanted it when we came home.
I have just bought a bottle of the Zesty Berry and the opinion is out of that for the minute...very similar to Grape as found in the states but not as much a "watery" taste as the american soda. To be honest I totally prefer Sobee (sp?) but it is only carried in a few stores here and not the full range :(

AFRaven
08-08-2003, 11:01 AM
Dr Pepper is the best. Coke products are better than Pepsi products.

personman
08-08-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Heat
DR PEPPER
:)

Dude anything pepsi is gross, no offence TK ;)

Miscue
08-08-2003, 11:41 AM
Bah!

/me loves Code Red and likes Diet Pepsi.

Sprite > Sierra Mist though.

logamus
08-08-2003, 01:35 PM
i like sierra mist. thats the only pepsi product i like though. pepsi cola tastes like asswater.

and yes kai, i love the evil empire of coke. ;)

gamarada717
08-08-2003, 05:14 PM
Citrus drinks are the best, everything else is nasty.

SpongeBobSquarePants
08-08-2003, 05:22 PM
SoBe

nuff said:D

FalconGuy016
08-08-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by MarkM

Ok well I thought you had made the error in the spelling as the Lemon when bought in Europe is spelt LIMON or even LIMEN depending on the country ;)
The lemon flavour has only been available in the UK since last year but then that was due to demand from the public as we all went on our holidays and bought it so wanted it when we came home.
I have just bought a bottle of the Zesty Berry and the opinion is out of that for the minute...very similar to Grape as found in the states but not as much a "watery" taste as the american soda. To be honest I totally prefer Sobee (sp?) but it is only carried in a few stores here and not the full range :(

No there is a lime. Check out the flavors at www.fanta.de , its very green.
WHY DO SODA COMPANIES HAVE TO HAVE DIFFERENT FLAVORS IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES?!?!? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh

MarkM
08-08-2003, 05:45 PM
I went to the site that already been linked ;) and yes there is a Lime there but not here as yet...notice .de where is that Germany? Denmark? I bought bottle of Limon in Greece a couple of years ago but then that is more a language thing more than anything else. Vanilla Coke was only introduced here this year, though the states have had it for at least 6 months prior to the UK getting it. All companies do things like that in different regions, it even happens within a country. Many years ago I lived in the north of the UK and when I moved back to the south I found that stores didn't have sweets and some food that I had been buying and eating for the previous year !! What I found out the companys do is that if the Northerners will eat/buy the product then they will sell it in the South. Though some products do remain a northern thing only. You have some of the same brands of chocolate that I have here (made by a european company) and to be honest I can't eat the american version as it tastes awful, it so bitter, ours is a lot sweeter.

fire1811
08-08-2003, 05:47 PM
i dont think crystal pepsi was released nation wide either
its a good thing cause it tasted like butt

SG Avenger
08-08-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by fire1811
i dont think crystal pepsi was released nation wide either
its a good thing cause it tasted like butt

Hey, I happen to have liked the taste of butt!

[grin] well.. I like Crystal Pepsi, it tasted different every time.

I'm also trying out some of that Pepsi Vanilla, i think its a bit more smooth than the coke version, with that oh-so-refreshing Pepsi fizz..

micromag98c
08-08-2003, 09:38 PM
what flavor did crystal pepsi have

Miscue
08-08-2003, 09:45 PM
I can't describe the flavor of Crystal Pepsi... it was one of those question mark things.

micromag98c
08-08-2003, 09:53 PM
hhmmmm kinda like those starbursts that had a ? on it and you were supposed to guess the flavor

RPK
08-08-2003, 10:42 PM
I'd try a new Pepsi product way before trying a new Coke product. I really like the LiveWire MtDew, Code Red was ok, but I haven't had an opportunity to try the Vanilla Pepsi yet.

I totally love Jones - not as carbonated, so it's easier to drink while I'm pregnant (carbanated stuff is making me sick to my tummy now... :()

RPK

oh and the Crystal Pepsi was ok, and Pepsi Blue tasted better flat.

AutomagRT1483
08-09-2003, 12:09 AM
Vanilla Pepsi gets my giant burp of approval:p :D

SG Avenger
08-09-2003, 07:35 AM
Of course Jones Bubblegum soda is the best. too bad its still semi expensive...

hmph like back in the day when you could get a can of red bull for under .99 [in the US]

jwyke
08-09-2003, 02:15 PM
pepsi cola tastes like asswater.

What is asswater? How do you know that pepsi tastes like asswater?

Been making my own vanilla cokes at home for years. Homemade is waaaaaaaaaaay better than v.coke or v.pepsi.

bty for you Hawaiians out there, POG is the absolute best.

SKIRAT
08-09-2003, 09:09 PM
Pepsi is all syrupy and coke isnt (i sound like a 2 year old) BUT SoBe is 1337 w00t we ownz JOO lol