PDA

View Full Version : To all cocker owners...

EsPo
08-07-2003, 05:17 PM
Dont EVER buy an ANS quickstrip or quickpull (whatever be its horrid name)... its a piece of crap. Even though it matches your gun very well.. it will betray you, pop out when your in mid 'rapid fire' in your backyard and smack your chin excesively hard... and it will hurt.

[/rant]

I ordered a JAM bolt cause I'm teh 1337 cocker n00b.

cockermongol
08-07-2003, 05:19 PM
i like to get hit in the face (doesn't everyone :confused: )

Ov3rmind
08-07-2003, 05:21 PM
I'm very anti ANS Cocker wise, unless you get one of their sliders (excellent for the price).

Needless to say, I'm also not a fan of the JAM bolts. I'm more old fashioned, get a high quality (like an AKA Lightening) bolt and just tune your LPR correctly. My Black Magic pinches with stock internals and a Micro Rock LPR, it's great.

magman007
08-07-2003, 05:45 PM
the jam bolt is a piece, sorry man, but dont waste your money. The people at jam, are even worse than the product that they sell, they are very anti mag, and put down potential customers mags, loosing their sales.

while i was looking at their bolt for the timmy, i had my sfl, and they said dont touch that timmy, after you have touched that mag. etc

they lost a potential sale for their bolts, my reccomendation for their bolts, and a potential sale for their drop.

Ov3rmind
08-07-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by magman007
while i was looking at their bolt for the timmy, i had my sfl, and they said dont touch that timmy, after you have touched that mag. etc
Wow, that's pretty bad.

GaryWV
08-07-2003, 05:55 PM
I had an ANS quickpull bolt (Didnt match my gun BTW, it was purple, my gun was all black) I never had a problem with it popping out.

RRfireblade
08-07-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by magman007
the jam bolt is a piece, sorry man, but dont waste your money. The people at jam, are even worse than the product that they sell

LOVE my JAM bolt.

One of the best upgrades I've ever purchased.Works like a dream, all the Level 10 benifits WITHOUT all the setup and tuning and effect on efficiency.

The have also been one of the BEST customer service companies I've had to deal with.(haven't had to deal with AGD yet.;) )Always quick to respond,very helpful and generally concerned that the customer is satisfied.Of course I couldn't speak for any of thier Reps.

You will be happy with your APB Bolt.

Jay.

UThomas
08-07-2003, 06:18 PM
I had an ANS quick pull pin set and it worked flawlessly for a year. Not a lot to that design you can screw up.

I just got a jam bolt and it is pretty sweet so far. I put it on my backup that my friends use because they forget to turn the loader on, half pull the trigger, etc. I dumped about 200 rounds as fast as I could using a non motorized loader with zero broken balls.

EsPo
08-07-2003, 06:19 PM
I'm not going to not order something of theirs just cause they were jerks too you :)

What he said automatically makes him a jerk .... but I've seen videos of the bolt in action.. and I'm conviced.. flame me if you will.. but you arent changing my mind.

Muzikman
08-07-2003, 06:25 PM
Hype

RRfireblade
08-07-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Muzikman
Hype

No hype.

Simple fact.

I've used it and it works as advertised.

There's no "exceptional" claims to thier marketing just what it actually does.

Try some actual facts to back up your useless statement.

Thanks,

Jay.

EsPo
08-07-2003, 07:33 PM
I'll have you know that the videos were of individual users... not from paid lackeys (hehe.. i said it..)

taylor492
08-07-2003, 07:45 PM
i knew a guy who had a gen-x3 and his bolt was always coming out...it even happened a couple times while he was trying to sell it

cockermongol
08-07-2003, 07:46 PM
just set your gun up to pinch. i put my finger and chomp on it with the bolt all the time, I have a very low cocking pressure.

EsPo
08-07-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by cockermongol
just set your gun up to pinch. i put my finger and chomp on it with the bolt all the time, I have a very low cocking pressure.
read above, i'm a cocker newb.

but not newb enough to know that lp = slower cycling :)

magmania
08-07-2003, 08:07 PM
pwned http://www.celica.net/smilies/Greddyfawk.gif http://www.celica.net/smilies/headbang2.gif

Stotic
08-07-2003, 08:46 PM
The JAM Bolt has far from a bad rep. THe company guys also were probably just fooling around like we all do when talking about the "other markers."

greezypete
08-07-2003, 09:07 PM
Hey guys, ANS has addressed the "flying out the back problem" and if you get a hold of them they will replace the bolt that you have at NO charge. I dont have the phone number handy , but if you go to www.ansxtreme.com I think its on there.

Peace

Ov3rmind
08-07-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by EsPo

read above, i'm a cocker newb.

but not newb enough to know that lp = slower cycling :)
Oh get over it. It will still fire faster than you can pull, my personal guarantee.

EsPo
08-07-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind

Oh get over it. It will still fire faster than you can pull, my personal guarantee.
nice.. I have the personal guarantee of a 17 year old :)

(please excuse previous comment..... my arsehole charataristics are kicked in for a minute there.....)

Yeah your right.. but i'm still a nub when it comes to teh cocker stuff.

Ov3rmind
08-07-2003, 09:35 PM

nice.. I have the personal guarantee of a 17 year old :)

Yeah, uh, 17.......... *Checks birthday*

UThomas
08-07-2003, 09:48 PM
The JAM bolt is about as much hype as the Level 10 is, which is to say it isn't. The only thing I had to with mine is re-adjust my cocking rod so it didn't double feed.

EsPo
08-07-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind

Yeah, uh, 17.......... *Checks birthday*
God forbid someone be polite on AO and think to themselves... hmm he made an honest mistake when he read the year/month on my birthday.. maybe I should just leave it.

Of course not.. its our job here on AO and in regular life to fulfill our quota as arseholes... i'm doing my part.

now let me replace one number....

17 should be 16.. excuse my huge mistake.. I'm going to be hanged by the ao police now.

Ov3rmind
08-07-2003, 10:05 PM

God forbid someone be polite on AO and think to themselves... hmm he made an honest mistake when he read the year/month on my birthday.. maybe I should just leave it.

Of course not.. its our job here on AO and in regular life to fulfill our quota as arseholes... i'm doing my part.

now let me replace one number....

17 should be 16.. excuse my huge mistake.. I'm going to be hanged by the ao police now.
Dude, I was JK.:eek:

EsPo
08-07-2003, 10:13 PM
so was I... i was just describing AO's society.. not necesarrily you.. but most :)

/me hugs overmind... then gets pushed away..

bunkermaster10
08-08-2003, 03:39 AM
Hey EsPo, do you know where to go to see some videos of this bolt in action? I'm also a cocker newb. I have a 2k2 shocktech hook up series coming in o I can't wait.. And do you know how much it cost?

EsPo
08-08-2003, 09:09 AM
http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/1450/

picture of it pinching-
http://www.5empty.net/stuff/jam1.jpg

movie of finger shot-
http://www.5empty.net/stuff/jambolt.mpg

sharpshooter1286
08-08-2003, 10:25 AM
I know AO's society is pretty defensive espo, but wouldn't you be if you got as much crap from people complaining about AGD or how mags are done(which they aren't!)?

greezypete
08-10-2003, 09:54 PM
Hello..............

did you see where I said that ANS would replace your faulty bolt for FREE.

just call them 1-805-527-5661