PDA

View Full Version : How low can my Flatline go?

LongDuckDong
08-07-2003, 06:00 PM
Hey everyone, I did a search and just wanted to make sure on this.

My Flatline 68/4500 can only go to 700psi reliably?

If I go farther down than 700psi.. what issues will I run into? Shootdown? Inconsistent velocity? Will it burst into flames and cause low birth weight?

I'm going to be swapping my Flatline setup back and forth from my Angel Speed and my ULE E-Mag.

Thanks for any help guys!

BlackVCG
08-07-2003, 06:34 PM
Get yourself one of the black spring packs from the standard Mag AIR valve. These are tuned for about 300-500psi output and the silver spring pack in the Flatline is for about 700-900psi.

Be sure to note the orientation of the spring pack. If you put it in backwards, you can cause fatal harm to your yourself and your loved ones, or it might just cause the system to not flow any air. ;)

LongDuckDong
08-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Thanks Black!

So this: http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&CATID=6&Product_ID=50&count=18&Pcount=22&DETAIL=1

Is what I should buy?

and to change it.. just empty my tank, un-screw the velocity adjusting nut all the way out and swap the spring pack with this one?

Also... will tetra gun grease work with this spring pack?

Thanks man :)

xen_100
08-08-2003, 04:53 PM
no need to emtpy the tank. the on/off will keep the reg section ungassed. just make sure your line is purged.

that is the part you need too :)

BlackVCG
08-08-2003, 09:03 PM
The grease is just to keep it from rusting. Use some cheap axle grease. Keep that Tetra grease for the slide on your USP. ;)

No need to empty the tank. Just turn it off and unscrew the adjuster.

LongDuckDong
08-21-2003, 07:59 PM
Thanks again bro, UPS just dropped off my spring back, 2 seconds I had it greased and installed and I set my flatline to 400psi.

I won't know how well it works until I get to a chrono this Sunday.

:)

BlackVCG
08-21-2003, 08:07 PM
Make sure you put it in the correct way. It can go in two ways, and only one way will it work properly and keep it from having horrid shootdown. You'll know if you put it in backwards. :)

I would set the input from your Flatline at about 500psi for your Speed. But that's just my opinion. :)

LongDuckDong
08-21-2003, 09:42 PM
For now I'm just gonna go by the manual, lol. I'll play with it later on... I don't even know how to take it apart to clean it (besides the bolt).

I just took note on how the stock spring pack came out and put the new one in the same way.

Hope it works well this Sunday.