PDA

View Full Version : Interested in joining the Mag family!

zapplez
08-07-2003, 06:45 PM
Hi,

My name is Greg and Im pretty much a noob to paintball. I started renting about 4 years ago, but my parents wouldnt let me own. Finally, about 2 months ago my parents finally gave in and let me get a marker. I decided to go with a Mokal Fokus, and it has been pretty good to me, no major problems, just a few chops (about 1 or 2 every 500). The only bad problem is this marker tends to have the bolt jam, which happens about as often as it chops.

Now im interested in moving up to a better marker. Most of my friends have pointed me in the directiong of either an Impy or Cocker. I have tried my friends Black Magic cocker, but I dont like the feel. I havent personally tried an Impy , but have seen many in action. I'm considering either going for a classic mag , rt or possibly an e-mag.

What would you suggest I do?

(my budget is around 500$ Canadian)

acecl22
08-07-2003, 07:19 PM
hey, thats great that your thinkin about getting into mags, and welcome to AO. alot of people who are up with the current issues would say "stay away from smart parts!!", well you know what... stay away from smart parts lol. nah, i would say that you should try out the impulse to see if you like the feel, and if you havent already, then try out a mag. i think that for 500 canadian the emag is out of your price range, but maybe you can find a major deal... do some research, try out different guns and make a wise decision

irbodden
08-07-2003, 07:20 PM
Mags are reliable guns. Retro/X-Valve'd 'Mags are very fast.

With $500 Canadian all you are going to get is a half eaten peanut butter jelly sandwhich and a button if you are lucky, sorry. :(

acecl22
08-07-2003, 07:22 PM
oh yeah, and make sure that after you make a decission on a gun, that you will have enough money left over to buy all the other stuff (tank, hopper, maybe a few upgrades, mask if you dont have one, and of course paint so you can go try out your new gun)

SG Avenger
08-07-2003, 07:29 PM
Don't feel that you HAVE to go electro, because "its the cool thing to do" A good RT, or a tricked out mag with lv10 and and an X-Valve will keep the local players in line [grin]

SIGSays
08-07-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by irbodden

With $500 Canadian all you are going to get is a half eaten peanut butter jelly sandwhich and a button if you are lucky, sorry. :(

snickers like a ding bat...

but yeah.. get a rtp.. try getting a used gun.. save some money.. and most mag have stars... left...

cockermongol
08-07-2003, 07:48 PM
get a phantom pump :D