PDA

View Full Version : Silver Fox MIA??

madmatt151
08-07-2003, 10:20 PM
So has anyone heard about Silver FOx? Has he disappeared? Should I consider the money I Paypaled him gone? Any info would be great. Thanks.

irbodden
08-07-2003, 10:40 PM
There was a discussion about this in the Markers forum.

Basically he has disappeared from the internet. Stopped using eBay, etc.

There were always issues with that guy..He bought something off me from eBay payed me and didn't give me a shipping address for two weeks. Then finally he gave me a work address or something... and yes, consider that money gone unless you can still reverse payment.

:(

dcmander
08-08-2003, 01:30 AM
I thought there was a way on paypal to see if the money was taken out of the paypal account, or to see if the cash was accepted or something...

so did he take it?

Lee
08-08-2003, 09:05 AM
since he has appernetly ripped off many people (me included) via the internet and has since dissapeared, has anyone considered he may have been doing the same in person, got caught and may be in jail or something? just a thought.

Kevmaster
08-08-2003, 09:14 AM
you can get your $$$ back if it was within 30 days of payment...after that tough luck, i went through that when i bought my LED angel..still pissed about it

skipdogg
08-08-2003, 12:45 PM
Silver Fox was a scam. I hope he is in jail.

madmatt151
08-08-2003, 12:59 PM
The thing is he was in business for a while. He apprently did business with many people and wasn't scamming. This is why I was so suprised.

cledford
08-08-2003, 02:30 PM
The guy was a scammer - who it appears used horrible stories of family tragedy to try to get off the hook for broken promises. At this point the family "troubles" appear to have just been a smoke screen - can you imagine claiming your wife was in the hospital with a jepordized pregnancy to explain away your misdeeds?

Attached are 2 threads related to guy, and as a bonus, a write up I did of all of the inconsistencies in his stories.

It appears he made off with a number of markers, including a classic SMG-60.

-Calvin

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76427&highlight=silverfox
"SilverFox ... non-responsive, seeming shady to me ...."

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83126&highlight=silverfox
"Anyone hear from SilverFox lately???"

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62908&perpage=30&pagenumber=1
"Updates on Mag pump kits, pump rods and neccessary mods. " (skip to page 4)

Here are my comments from the Pump Rod thread - the funny thing was that there were a number of people willing to leap to his defense during this time. My point was "if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck - it might just be a duck." People really gave him the benefit of the doubt to ultimately be screwed.

OK, I’ve been patient enough and am starting to get a little angry. I’ll start off by saying that I don’t want my money back, I want a pump-rod – actually the 2 I ordered. However, I also don’t want to be misled and am starting to get suspicious about the whole thing. I will admit that they are being sold at a very reasonable price – but that gives no right to mislead or at best miss self-imposed commitments to customers. Since I’m sitting around bored (with no pump-mag to build) I had some extra time to review this entire thread and have found several inconsistencies that I wanted to have addressed. If this seems like a flame I’m sorry and if my rods show up tomorrow I’ll be even sorrier – but as someone smarter then me once said “if it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it is probably is a duck.” You tell me…

-Calvin

All of the below quotes have come from the pump-rod thread – save one from a PM.

01-07-2003
“Thanks to every one who has ordered pump rods from me. They will be shipping out on schedule next week.”

Next week should have been no later then 1/14 when they would “be shipping out.”

01-14-2003
“UPDATED SHIP DATE!!! SORRY GUYS
Well My supplier sent me the wrong material friday so I had to return it and the new material should be in today or tommorrow I have had to move the ship date back to this friday/monday. Sorry if this causes any problems for you guys”

Wow, now the rods that were supposed to be SHIPPING (therefore presumably finished or in the pipeline) are now not even started and the SHIP DATE must be moved back to the 20th (Monday) at the latest – hmmm. Wonder how the rods were susposed to be ready to ship by the 14th (as stated on the 7th) when the post from the 14th states that the wrong material arrived on the 7th?!?!

01-19-2003
“First batch is shipping out tommorrow guys”

OK, now we’re talking, looks like everything is good to go for the worst case ship date (the 20th), Right? Maybe not…

01-21-2003
“Sorry, to all that have ordered ppump rods. I hope this will not adversely affect my future business with you all. Here is the breif explaination as to why said pump rods did not ship today as stated.”

“Everything was supposed to ship this weekend.”

“The pump rods only need tempering before shipment. They will ship out the day we get power back.”

Uh-oh, now the rods that were supposed to have SHIPPED the day before are now not even finished (they still require heat treating). OK, we can all cut someone some slack when there is a family emergency right? I for one did – just ask that we be kept in the loop – AND DIDN’T INQUIRE AS TO WHY THEY WEREN’T HEAT TREATED AS THE POST ON THE 19th SAID THEY WOULD BR SHIPPING THE NEXT DAY. Personally, if I knew something wasn’t finished I wouldn’t be posting updates saying it was going out the next day – but that’s just me. If you’re counting this is the 2nd time a post regarding a confirmed ship date was made prior to the product being finished.

01-31-2003
“I am pleased to say that your pump rods will be shipping TODAY! thank you for being so understanding about the delay."

“Pump rods are on there way! with a little bonus for you who got it on this first shi”

Hmmm, OK now they’re going out for real – right?!?!

02-08-2003

An empty white business size envelope arrives at my residence via first class USPS mail. First, who in god’s name ships metal rods in a plain white envelope? Second – since the rods supposedly shipped the 31st, when does it take the USPS 8 days to get a first class package from Kentucky to Virginia? Last time I checked it was 3 days. Did we possibly miss the 31st mailing – or did mine just take longer to arrive? Hmmm, if it were an isolated case maybe I’d have to guess mine took longer – but read on, it looks like other got theirs around the same time.

02-09-2003
“cledford. Sorry dude. wife packaged them. I will send you out replacements on thursday.”

I get a message stating that my replacements will go out the 13th.

02-09-2003

Zha reports the same problem with envelope sans rods arriving. (9 days after the 31st)

2/10

Skipdogg reports nothing has arrived yet – not even the envelope.

02-11-2003

RamboPreacher reports 1 not 2 rods arrive – 11 days after the supposed 31st mailing.

02-13-2003

PB_Sniper get’s his - in yet another mangled envelope. 13 days after the 31st.

02-19-2003
“Replacement parts will be in the mail today. I just finished packaging them.”
“Sorry again for the mixup”

In response to yet another PM (I’d moved my griping there after it was inferred that I’d flamed the thread in my post about the envelopes) I get yet another promise of shipment – never mind that the replacements were supposed to have shipped on the 13th – so we’ve now missed yet another commitment by 6 days.

02-24-2003

Still no rods and feeling like my trust and understanding (during the fire “incident”) has been misplaced. If they went out first class they should be here by now, right?

Silver, look I’m not trying to bust your chops – but I’m also not going to be publicly misled and not call someone on it. I’m very willing to work with you and be patient if you trust in my goodwill enough to be honest with me first. I can’t, however, be understanding at all when I feel I’ve been misled. If I’ve jumped to conclusions my apologies – BUT as a cop in my former life I learned that it is usually pretty rare when this many inconstancies stack up. I could be wrong – and will be the first to apologize if I am. Otherwise, you’ve got some explaining to do.

-Calvin