PDA

View Full Version : Rain-X

Southpaw
08-07-2003, 11:19 PM
Now I have seen many uses for Rain-X but in a barrel so that it will shed a broken ball by shooting? B.S. or not?

Recon by Fire
08-08-2003, 04:46 PM
True

speeddemon
08-09-2003, 12:03 AM
doesnt work too good for me, but thats just one barrel.

minnimag
08-09-2003, 09:20 PM
does it affect accuracy?

Recon by Fire
08-09-2003, 09:54 PM
No, it works fine for me but I really don't bother with it anymore. I cannot remember the last time I broke a ball in the barrel and have never broken one in my Mag. I don't even bother to carry a squeege anymore :)

GoatBoy
08-10-2003, 12:09 AM
hrm you know, I was just taking a look at one of my barrels the other day and was noticing it wasn't as smooth as I remember. I don't know if I just wasn't perceptive in the past before or perhaps the barrel has deteriorated, but it's gotten a little rough towards the end now.

I don't think you need to get a break in the barrel for it to pick up crud... my barrels seem to get some residual stuff in them from normal play, even without breaking.

I may have to look into this... What materials does rain-x work on? Glass? Plastic? Metal? Cheese?

Recon by Fire
08-10-2003, 11:02 AM
Of course your barrel will pick up crud along the way. You still have to clean it after every day of play. I typically use scalding hot water to clean mine out. Rain-X will work fine of metal, plastic, glass... not sure what else.

Wonder if anyone has tried Fog-X on goggles?

speeddemon
08-10-2003, 02:58 PM
Fog-X doesn't work, but there are other brands of fog spray that do. The one I have found is called protex I think.

GoatBoy
08-17-2003, 12:49 AM
Well, I bought some Rain-X and applied some on the aforementioned barrel, and I think it worked out pretty well. I didn't have any chops (Level 10), but it appears I have less crud in my barrel after a usual day of play. It looks like it also helped kind of smooth out the roughness at the end of my barrel. I didn't notice any unusual paintball flights today. And let me tell you, I had some really crap paint today.

So even without breaks, you might find some benefit. I'll continue trying this stuff out.

minnimag
08-17-2003, 11:04 AM
did you just spray it in there? how did you apply it?

Recon by Fire
08-17-2003, 11:31 AM
I use two different shotgun soft swabs to apply mine. I put the Rain-X on swab and run it through the bore to coat it evenly then remove the excess with the other swab.

.bolink
08-17-2003, 10:55 PM
Theres that use for Rain X...then there are the tourney players that coat the OUTSIDE of their gun in it to help the paint to run. lol