PDA

View Full Version : Does Smart Parts own those Halo Loaders

QuestionMark?
08-08-2003, 12:26 AM
I swear when i looked at the Halo Loader Lid on paintballgear.com i thought i saw the Smart Parts logo, does Smart Parts own Oddesey who make the Halo loader, i am prolly just making some retarded claim like always.:cool:

-Carnifex-
08-08-2003, 12:27 AM
no

xmetal2001
08-08-2003, 12:38 AM
No they do not own Odysey, I seem to remember them making a version of the Halo A, but I'm not sure.

-=Squid=-
08-08-2003, 12:53 AM
I wonder what started that rumor. I know it isnt true, but I have heard it before from some well respected vendors....

rikkter
08-08-2003, 12:57 AM
your right, it does have the sticker on the loader.
thats kinda funny, you can also see it on the red one
http://store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1750_77168874

QuestionMark?
08-08-2003, 12:58 AM
look at the loaders lid......

QuestionMark?
08-08-2003, 01:00 AM
i think smart parts has some sort of "secret" scam trying to make us buy their product.

Mossman
08-08-2003, 01:06 AM
i got a halo B straight from odyssey and it had that lid. Maybe SP made a batch and sold the extras to odyssey? Maybe they just like the logo, i wouldn't put it past smart parts but I don't know if you could copyright a gun sight logo in a sport thats all about aiming and shooting projectiles at each other. Once again, SP probably owns it so I'm probably wrong :)

BED TIME

Pballwizz
08-08-2003, 01:09 AM
Tee Hee, I couldnt resist.

P.S. Mods, if this is offensive jsut tell me and Ill remove it. Peace!

BlackVCG
08-08-2003, 01:31 AM
SP had Odyssey build them a HALO that they could put their name on. The difference was that the SP HALO A came with the bearings installed, whereas for regular HALO A's it was an upgrade. All HALO B's have bearings directly from Odyssey.

It's basically the same thing as the Paintball Inc HALOs. They had Paintball Inc gems instead of HALO gems.

manike
08-08-2003, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by BlackVCG
SP had Odyssey build them a HALO that they could put their name on. The difference was that the SP HALO A came with the bearings installed, whereas for regular HALO A's it was an upgrade. All HALO B's have bearings directly from Odyssey.

It's basically the same thing as the Paintball Inc HALOs. They had Paintball Inc gems instead of HALO gems.

Exactly :)

SP has nothing whatsoever to do with Odyssey, other than OPP allowed them to make a 'special SP Halo'.

Pballwizz, it would be nice if you removed that image and not tar OPP the same as Smart Parts.

The last thing we need is more rumours about Smart Parts :mad: which affect innocent companies.

bankes
08-08-2003, 11:32 AM
just another for sp to take over the world

mpyacfo
08-08-2003, 02:33 PM
I'm going to buy a special SP HALO just to support their company. I seriously think SP deserves some extra money, they are a great company. P.S. don't kill me!!

QuestionMark?
08-08-2003, 02:48 PM
how do u guys get those pictures underneathe everything you post

Recon by Fire
08-08-2003, 04:41 PM
I purchased a Halo B direct from Odyssey. Came with Halo gem and SP lid. They just made a batch of SP edition hoppers is all. It rather goes well with my tank and barrel :)

FalconGuy016
08-08-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by QuestionMark?
how do u guys get those pictures underneathe everything you post

Its the profile
Click "User Control Panel" in the yellow bar of the page towards the top, find all sorts of things in there. Find your profile and if you want a pic, write [img src="url"] but replace [ for < and ] for >

greezypete
08-10-2003, 10:02 PM
The shop where I bought my halo said that smart parts had some halos built with faster turning motors for faster feeds , for many more $$ though.