PDA

View Full Version : ULT on a classic valve

Athius
08-08-2003, 01:19 AM
Anyone have tried this??????

e mag
08-08-2003, 01:43 AM
I think i remember Tom said it can be put in, but it will cause as lot of shootdown.

edweird
08-08-2003, 02:19 AM
It will install fine if your on off assy has 2 orings on top of the assy and you have a lvl 10 bolt. The problem comes from the classic valves non reactive design. This lack of force on the from the recharge of the valve does not aid your triggers movment forward and thus the chance of shortstroking is greater.

shootdown isnt an issue with the UL trigger

B-Lazy
08-08-2003, 11:01 AM
As soon as I get my ULT I will install it in my classic and post a report on it. Just waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

speeddemon
08-08-2003, 11:23 AM
I got my ULT yesterday, and since my x-valve isn't here yet (hopefully my classic will get there today, and they will ship it out today), I went ahead and installed it in my dad's classic valve. There is some reactivity to the trigger (because of the pins design), although not near enough. I didn't really play with it too much, it needed more shims, but it would short stroke really easy. Often the bolt would not reset and I would have to take the barrel off and push the bolt back. It would also double feed pretty easy. I'll play with it some more in a little while and let you know what it does with more shims, but im pretty sure that it just won't be very playable.

The trigger is crazy light though. After I took the safety off the first time, I fired the gun before I even realized I had my finger on the trigger. A trigger stop in the frame will help alot. I wasn't able to walk it, but that was mostly cuz of the short stroking, and the long pull. I personally wouldn't recomend it for the classic, but if you want to try it go ahead. Im sure you could train yourself to shoot it pretty good with enough time.

silentdeath55
08-08-2003, 11:25 AM
I did it. It works alright, but there is a lot more short stroking. Go to the tech forum, one of the classic threads should be about ULT installation. I posted the results in there. I think its on the 2nd or 3rd page.

speeddemon
08-08-2003, 12:29 PM
yeah, i just got done trying it with all the shims, but it still is just uncooperative. It short strokes, half feeds balls, double feeds, and basically makes it too hard to play with the gun. While it does fit, I would not reccomend it to anyone with a classic valve.

Now if only my X-valve will get here soon:D

edweird
08-08-2003, 02:19 PM
well to stear this in to a positive thread.... it works great in Retro vales and Xvalves!