PDA

View Full Version : Tom ?? xmag feednecks

Fanatic
08-08-2003, 02:55 AM
i am very curious on the subject of the xmag feednecks

they are both non removable vs. the ULE bodies angel threading(feed neck)

and that the feed neck itself has not a tightening mechanism that would hold a hopper in place without sanding the heck out of the hoppers neck.

ive read one incident of a hopper getting stuck and being broken (dont know if ULE or xmag) off the neck.

just want to know your thoughts on this and what based the decision on the current arrangement of the feed neck.

woah...i almost mades sense!

thanks tom

Kevmaster
08-08-2003, 08:43 AM
they are removable, just not easily. There are two setscrews that hold in the vert feed on the X-mag breech. There may be some glue or something as well, I havnt tried to take it apart

the ULE bodies, btw, have angle feed neck threads

fire1811
08-08-2003, 08:59 AM
they are also put together as kevmaster said and then they are annodized as one piece
there is a big thread about the xmag neck and it ended in your wise not to take it apart

Fanatic
08-08-2003, 02:37 PM
its not really the case on wanting to remove it

it more of question then anything else

why not a removable feedneck for cleaning, customizing in different heights

why not a tightening screw for hoppers rather shoving the hopper in till it holds firm and pray it will stay and not break off...or move around and damage the anno the you payed last months' rent on

Star_Base_CGI
08-08-2003, 02:43 PM
The ULE offers an angel threaded feedneck.

So perhaps the soloution is to replace the design with a threaded crimping feed neck.

Fanatic
08-08-2003, 02:47 PM
BINGO!!

TOM???

Kevmaster
08-08-2003, 03:30 PM
the crimping feed neck is most likely patented

and also, the Xmag has one purpose: look sexy. crimps dont look sexy

LongDuckDong
08-08-2003, 03:41 PM
I think the X-Mag looks like a fancy english faucet all together, taking off the ribbed for her pleasure feedneck isn't gonna help it. http://www.clawfootsupply.com/images/sh-sh126.jpg

Which is why I have a ULE E-mag. http://home.pacbell.net/zoraks/ulemag.jpg

I like my gun sleek and functional. Not decorated by the english...

But, that is just my opinion and taste. I believe there is a "best" gun, just not the "best looking" since it depends on the persons taste.

BTW I am replacing my ULE feedneck with a no rise clamping feedneck from A+ Paintball. Sucks you can't really replace the neck on the X-Mag.

BajaBoy
08-08-2003, 04:56 PM
LongDuckDong, ehh thats frankthespanks emag.

LongDuckDong
08-08-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by BajaBoy
LongDuckDong, ehh thats frankthespanks emag.

You're right, it is :D

durtysoufcraka
08-08-2003, 06:21 PM
whose ever ulE-mag it is, it is very sexy. and i approve...

.....and i would lilke to have 5 minutes alone in a closet with it.... ;)..(shifty eyes)....:eek: who said that???

LongDuckDong
08-08-2003, 08:29 PM
hehehe thanks

One thing I need to do is get another drop. I would get one of Shocktechs new "mini-stubby" drops but I can't find any of the damn things in stock.

fire1811
08-08-2003, 08:31 PM
i have one :p

Bolter
08-08-2003, 08:36 PM
nothin wrong with the X-mag design? I like it, English or not.

Rule Brittania.

Star_Base_CGI
08-08-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Kevmaster
the crimping feed neck is most likely patented

and also, the Xmag has one purpose: look sexy. crimps dont look sexy

Most likely by Smart Parts. Hee hee.

Fanatic
08-09-2003, 08:27 PM
bump

pito189
08-09-2003, 09:05 PM
No glue on mine. Just itty bitty set screws.

They leave nice scratches in the annodizing. :(

1stdeadeye
08-10-2003, 07:35 AM
Why would you want to mess with perfection?

Bront
08-10-2003, 11:33 AM
There are enough custom manufacturers out there, if enough people asked one, they could probably build a new vertical angel threaded breach for the X-mag.

Because the breaches are removable, you can improve upon it later with little cost to the owner (Buying a new breach).

Asking why the X-mag's feed neck isn't removable is like asking why many other markers feed necks aren't removable. They just arent. It probably has a bit to do with added cost and time to mill (They're already hard to mill).

Star_Base_CGI
08-10-2003, 01:38 PM
Heres the design for what I call...

SUPER BREECH.

If I ever get a good job or some more money. I could take some more college courses and make this stuff.

All these parts are smaller than 7 inchs. So I think they could all be easily made on a mini CNC machine out of aluminum...

Basicaly you have an angel threaded breech.
Than on top of that a double threaded feed.

When the neck breaks, you unthread the breech and pop the neck out with a knife or something through the verticle threaded cut section...

Fanatic
08-10-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
Why would you want to mess with perfection?

if it was perfect...i wouldnt be ranting..hehe:D

Asking why the X-mag's feed neck isn't removable is like asking why many other markers feed necks aren't removable. They just arent. It probably has a bit to do with added cost and time to mill (They're already hard to mill).

we are talkin about a very expensive marker..just souldve came with one
and as for any markers that doesnt have one...the question is that have you seen any high end markers without one?:rolleyes:

Fanatic
10-15-2003, 04:32 PM
up

Dueydog
11-03-2003, 03:42 AM
I have tried all types of drops and the one from AGD replaces the dovetail making it simplier and stronger. And tucks the tanks right on the back of the gun grip perfectly.
Nice Emag, where did you buy it?
Matt

Fanatic
11-03-2003, 02:24 PM
^^??

Dueydog
11-03-2003, 03:01 PM
Matt