PDA

View Full Version : lvl10 no fire

nuthugger
08-08-2003, 09:41 AM
My lvl10 will not fire using the initial instal parts. I pull the triger and nothing happens. I feel the resistance to pull but nothing fires. If I turn up the velocity it vents to the rear. The gun works fine with standard bolts. This is a clasic, benchmark trigger, mini mag body, and the lvl10. From what I read I do not see this problem elswhere. The power tube o ring is not tight only snug enough to seal. There is no venting in the barrel I dont know what other info you need. I am using the cut spring and the carrier with two groves. It is not to tight The next smaller carrier leaks.:D The bolt is not sticking it is easy to put in. It slides freely. Oh yeah it will not fire with any of the three springs.

Dayspring
08-08-2003, 09:44 AM
What spring and what carrier are you using?

My guess is that the carrier is too tight and/or your spring is the long one.

Cannon-Fodder
08-08-2003, 01:35 PM
Was there a lot of resistance when you put the valve in the body?
For example did it seem like the bolt did not want to go past a certain point?
If the ring on the inside of the body (its there for the bolt spring to push aginst) has deformed it could cause the bolt to not move due to the friction.

Try and just drop the bolt into the body if is dosn't go all the way in with out resistance you know thats the problem

I know I had the same problem with my ULE body when I first got it the body was just a little too tight. I ended up putting the short springs in and it cycled fins so I just fired it for about half a tank to try and 'break it in' a little. When I put the longer spring back in and it worked fine after that.