PDA

View Full Version : Question about X-Mag color availability..

DiRTyBuNNy
08-08-2003, 03:23 PM
I have no seen any official post from anyone at AGD listing what colors (or color combinations) are not available when you get "the call" for your X-Mag. I'm not trying to start a fight, but merely trying to educate others who had an idea of what they wanted in their head for months only to find out they can't get exactly what they had dreamed of.

I know that the "Old Soldier" blue is no longer available because of matching issues and i just found out recently that AGD will not do Dust/matte/flat/whateveryouwanttocallit FADES or Tri-Fades and I just want to know if there is anything else off limits so that we can get it out in the open.

BajaBoy
08-08-2003, 05:19 PM
ide like to know too, im ordering mine around xmas or a little after:D

Tunaman
08-08-2003, 06:17 PM
I am quite sure you can get any color you want. How it turns out is another thing...;)

DiRTyBuNNy
08-08-2003, 08:32 PM
yeah...well..I wanted a Tri-Fade (Silver-Blue-Black) and I was told no at any price...asked for a Blue-Black Matte Fade..was told they don't do matte fades (except on team guns) and I have no choice and I have to go with glossy. I wait 8 months for a gun that is totally custom and extremely expensive and I'm told no. It's a little frustrating...but oh well..

cphilip
08-08-2003, 08:47 PM
Well that is what we were told is that you can not combine any different finishes with a fade and get much more than Gloss or sort of gloss and gloss. No Dust and Gloss if you follow me on that... Now I no expert on this but there may be a technical reason for this. But Bunny says he did see a Team Marker that was not gloss and gloss. I not seen it. Got a link to it Bunny? I know that they used a different source for those jobs. So maybe it's a "capability" thing on the fades we getting or something? But anyway we were told you could not order a Flat front and Gloss back for example. It would all come out pretty much Gloss.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-08-2003, 09:18 PM
Cphil..I've already sent you a PM....we can talk about this there...but I still want people to get all the info that they can.

Mega Man
08-08-2003, 09:26 PM
Well I wonder if you could request a rax unannoed X-Mag and maybe get it cheaper? probably not cheaper but if you really wanted a special finish say acid wash, tri fade, matte finish, etc. etc. you could get it annoed yourself.

cphilip
08-08-2003, 09:32 PM
Well I dunno about that because it cannot be completely assembled and the valve Etched with the Valve number. So ever if you did it would not be covered under warranty.

Bunny is wanting to know about Flat to Flat fades now and I do not think we ever got that answer straight. The problem I see with any Flat front is matching barrels later. You want a Gloss front in black realy to match up a barrels system. Thats the smart move.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-08-2003, 09:39 PM
The barrel matching isn't a big deal to me..I actually like the look of a flat gun body with a glossy barrel...call me weird...

cphilip
08-08-2003, 09:53 PM
Well then I will do everything within my power to get that done for you Dirty. I will be on the horn with Jon Monday and see if we can change that to Flat Flat. If they can do it it will be done. Heck I will even call in JoAnn to kick Jons behind if need be! :D

DiRTyBuNNy
08-08-2003, 10:04 PM
WooT WooT...so all you kiddies out there...here is what we've learned today!

Flat to Gloss Fade (i.e. Flat Blue to Gloss Black)= Not gonna happen!
Flat/Flat Fade (Flat Blue to Flat Black) = ??
Gloss/Gloss Fade (Gloss Blue to Gloss Back) = Most Definitely!

I'll find out Monday if I (or the rest of you) can get a Flat/Flat fade..

cphilip
08-08-2003, 10:08 PM
I just sent Jon and email (although he will not prolly see it till Monday and I will follow it up with a phone call) that it MUST be Flat Flat. And I will accept no other answer than yes. ;)

But I will call him Monday and check on it. The customer is always right is my moto. Unless of course its just not possible. :D But I will do my best Bunny. You know I will.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-08-2003, 10:50 PM
I know..and that's also why I'm trying to spread the gospel to the rest of the people out there...so no one else can say "they didn't know.."

dinger
08-09-2003, 01:53 AM
sry for being n00b, but whats a matte finish?

DiRTyBuNNy
08-09-2003, 02:02 AM
let me see...well...you ever heard of a dust finish? that's sort of what matte or flat is like..

wyn1370
08-11-2003, 09:18 AM
anybody heard anything back yet?

DiRTyBuNNy
08-11-2003, 10:06 AM
nothing yet..I try not to bother Cphil too much...

cphilip
08-11-2003, 01:15 PM
Sent two emails and called and got Jons voice mail just now. Still trying to confirm a change to dust.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-11-2003, 04:34 PM
I just got word...DB's getting his dust X!! The angels can now rejoice!!!!

cphilip
08-11-2003, 05:18 PM
Well it is ORDERED that way.... ;)

What you get will be whats in the box! :D

DiRTyBuNNy
08-11-2003, 05:34 PM
yes...so don't ever open the box, Phil..it won't be your fault then...ahahhahaa...

btw, got any takers on the "Raider-X" yet?

cphilip
08-11-2003, 06:07 PM
Oh heck no. I will blame it all on Jon! :D

Lots of "lookie loo's" but nobody gots any money so far. It's gonna be cool though. It's gonna match my new Vespa as a matter of fact... Hmmmmm..... ;)

DiRTyBuNNy
08-11-2003, 06:28 PM
cool cool..so you gonna keep it this time?

DiRTyBuNNy
08-11-2003, 06:45 PM
here's what mine hopes to look like..

cphilip
08-11-2003, 06:49 PM
Who knows. If someone pops up and wants it then no. But if I have the money to keep it when it gets here and its unsold I sure will think about it.

Good rendering of it. Gonna be Kewl!!!! Do me one in gloss black front and gloss silver back!

DiRTyBuNNy
08-11-2003, 06:52 PM
I actually got that for JAM a long time ago when I was still deciding..it actually came from this picture...I couldn't decide between Blue/black, yellow/black or the really rare Pink X-Mag.

cphilip
08-11-2003, 06:57 PM
I'll have to get him to do me one so I can see.

Bront
08-11-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
I just got word...DB's getting his dust X!! The angels can now rejoice!!!!

Shouldn't the Angels be cowering in feer of the unleashing of a new x-mag? ;)

DiRTyBuNNy
08-11-2003, 08:50 PM
Ah..I was thinking about the Angels from heaven...not the ones from England..