PDA

View Full Version : barrel systems

durtysoufcraka
08-08-2003, 06:16 PM
i was wondering which barrel system to get, a 10" blue front freak or an empire kit. (i have a ule body and will be getting them with autococker threads)
the problem with the freak is that smart parts = lucifer with an affinity for eating doggy poo, and i hear that the aluminium inserts are easliy broken and they can slip back into the gun and get hurt by the bolt.
the problem with the empire kit is that it has no sexy color options only black and/or shiny. and its an extra $40. but its inserts do not break because they arent inserts they are whole backs and if for some reason i decide i need some other length than 10" i can achieve that easily.

if anyone has had experience with either or both if they could give me their thoughts. (thoughts other thtan smartparts = satan)and if the whole aluminium inserts are easily broken that might have just been a scam to sell the pipe or empire kit-like product that doesnt use inserts.
thank you for your help and/or time

Lohman446
08-08-2003, 06:38 PM
From what I know on barrel kits, little but what I have learned from others (I have a single .689 CP barrel for now, getting an Evil kit sometime)

If you like the freak idea, get a Sceptor much better quality and sizing.

I have not talked to anyone personally using the empire kit.

The Phat barrel system seems to be very good from what I have seen.

I will be buying an Evil Pipe when/if I buy a barrel kit, just because.

There is a whole train of thought that says you will not be able to tell the difference between barrel sizes - I mean... .005 - do you know how small that is? This is what I tend to beleive, but I have heard a lot of knowledgeable people speak the good of barrel kits.

RRfireblade
08-08-2003, 06:45 PM
They're both good.

95% of which system to get is preferance.

Freak inserts are NOT easily broken,not any more so than any other part of your gun that should or could get stepped on or dropped on cement.

Also,Freak tips are easily found used if you need to change lengths.

Generally, if you have one gun a "back" based system is fine.If you have multiple markers with different threads an "insert" based system is nice as you need only buy a back for each marker rather than an entire set.

Jay.

SG Avenger
08-08-2003, 07:10 PM
I've used a Freak for a while, and I liked it. the inserts do not give me any problem. They arnt exactly fragile, unless you are jumping up and down on them.

For the Automag backs, they actually only go in one way, so they cant slip into the bolt. For the Cocker-threaded ones, mine havnt gone anywhere.

I however just got my EVIL PIPE in, and am sitting in my chair naked with it, cuddling and talking baby talk to it. I cant wait to try it out tomorow.

$tevo
08-08-2003, 07:17 PM
when i get a kit, im goin with the sceptor kit. no special reason, its just my preference

SKIRAT
08-08-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by SG Avenger
I however just got my EVIL PIPE in, and am sitting in my chair naked with it, cuddling and talking baby talk to it. I cant wait to try it out tomorow.

wow im shocked.....
i understand the love for it but.....
not your naked body all... over the new..... im horrified:eek:

SKIRAT
08-08-2003, 08:00 PM

wow im shocked.....
i understand the love for it but.....
not your naked body all... over the new..... im horrified:eek:

but i undrstand how you feel but try and not get it all nasty with your nakedness

VanGogo
08-09-2003, 01:17 AM
Equation, Equation, Equation.

Best barrels I have ever shot. Being a shop owner, I have shot alot!

Albinonewt
08-09-2003, 06:37 AM

If anyone needs to PM wait for a while. First I have to go gouge out my eyes to burn that image from my retina and then I need to learn brail and get one of those special keyboards...

rpm07
08-09-2003, 11:13 AM
I have the Scepter and I think it is the best made system on the market