PDA

View Full Version : ~~~AGD Pride @ NPPL New Jersey~~~

skirts
08-08-2003, 07:55 PM
looks like the team is riding the bubble right now... sitting in 15th place out of 40 nov teams.

here are some pics...

skirts
08-08-2003, 07:56 PM

skirts
08-08-2003, 07:57 PM
chupas with the warp lean

skirts
08-08-2003, 07:57 PM
bea young and capo playin for Pride

skirts
08-08-2003, 07:58 PM
our very own CAPO!!!

Blazingace
08-08-2003, 08:10 PM
Did you play Rapid fire? If you did, did you beat them? I know a guy on that team and he said that they would roll you? I think that you guys could take them, but did you play them yet?

Rmarks
08-08-2003, 08:27 PM
no they didn't play Rapid Fire yet.

they played Driven and Avalanche. for the scores and who they played check this out: http://paintball.com/Standings/nppl/ny2003/schedule.htm

djbea
08-08-2003, 10:10 PM
About Rapid Fire... I know those guys and when I found out we were playing them, I was stoked! But, which one was talkin' smack about "rollin'" the AGD Pride team? We played the NPPL field and WOW! The guys played their hearts out! Clare's gun, unfortunately, went down, but the rest of them played like champs and defeated the RF guys in less than 3 minutes! You would have been proud!

I have to mention how HAPPY I am to have been invited to play with them. It's awesome to play along side my friend, Clare, she's such a sweetie... but even more of a joy is to have new friends in the AGD team. Thanks, Allen, and thanks to the rest of the fellas on Pride. Good guys!

We are having FUN, most importantly, and really doing something cool by meshing a team together with me shooting my autococker and shooting Chronic paint. It's like the old days when everyone played with whatever they wanted on any team.

We got beat by our pro team, Avalanche, but it wasn't like they did it fast and furiously... we gave them a good run for their money and again, we played the very best that we could.

Both Clare and I don't practice with the core team AGD Pride and I have to say, we're doing pretty good considering that fact. We're two for two and tomorrow is going to be a great day! Think happy thoughts for us!

THANK YOU AGD!
Sincerely,
Bea
:)

ICOM
08-08-2003, 10:30 PM
glad to hear that bea, good luck to you all.

AutomagRT1483
08-08-2003, 10:32 PM
Woot! More Pride pictures saved to my computer:D

DiRTyBuNNy
08-08-2003, 10:46 PM
Go Bea...and aGD PRiDe too..hahahhhaah...just kidding...good luck ya'all...

yeah...and anybody there..pick me up whatever free schwag (stickers, brochures, whatever) is laying around and I'll pay for shipping...

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
08-08-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Blazingace
Did you play Rapid fire? If you did, did you beat them? I know a guy on that team and he said that they would roll you? I think that you guys could take them, but did you play them yet?

If Rapid Fire loses be sure to remind them that 2 of the players they lost to were chicks! And two beautiful ones at that.

Blazingace
08-09-2003, 12:36 AM
I will probably go talk to the guy that I know tommorrow. They call him Crazy and he is a really short blond guy that shoots an Impact IR3. I don'tknow if he was playing with the team at the time since he works for Fireball Mountain PB store in Lawrenceville.

dinger
08-09-2003, 01:30 AM
:confused: those pictures were taken today i assume, because i saw somewhere else on these forums that the NPPL Super 7 was going to be on TV. this excited me a lot, but i never found out what station or channel the tourny is on, so if anyone konws please tell me :D

~dinger

Troy
08-09-2003, 01:36 AM
Good thing you guys had the girls out there to pull out those 2 wins.:p

Good luck on Saturday and Sunday.

Super 7 have been on Fox Sports as part of the Fusion program but they have been very short clips of Pro games.

SyntaxError
08-09-2003, 12:12 PM
Has anyone else heard something about avalanche chronoing 3 players in WAY hot at the end of a game, and the rest of them leaving and refusing to chrono? I was hanging at the Eclipse booth when some Nexus guys told me bout it, wonder why no one's said anything about it?

skirts
08-09-2003, 12:33 PM
anyone know if the boys made the cut... looks like they might be riding the bubble still???

Troy
08-09-2003, 12:43 PM
They are going to be on the bubble until the afternoon div finishes, but cut for Chicago was 5 wins.

FistS
08-09-2003, 12:45 PM
Like troy said...
They are on the bubble...
They might make it in as a 7th or 8th spot...
we'll see.

Troy
08-09-2003, 12:53 PM
16 teams advance. If they make it they will be 14 to 16th.

Stitch
08-09-2003, 06:08 PM
Great try Pride sorry you didn't make the cut but 18th out of 40 on your first NPPL event isn't to shabby you'll get them next time. Great pixs

speedyejl
08-09-2003, 08:20 PM
Ok well I made a banner and I'm going down tommorow, do you still think the AGD booth will show me some love if I show up w/ it?

Surreal
08-09-2003, 09:07 PM
there is no agd booth :(

anyway, i just got home from the nppl! man it was a blast! they couldn't have picked a worse location, but, i still had a ton of fun. i got some pics of the Angel 4, got to meet a ton of cool people, and even got pics w/ bea youngs and rocky cagnoni! go me! lol

and the pics are here: http://24.164.157.226/nppl/ i'm in the all red shorts/t-shirt. the really whiteboy w/ blue evil headband is my friend/teammate drew, and the dark skinned kid with the blue dye jersey is my friend/teammate kai.

P.S. -- CLARE!~ i seen you a few times today, but i didn't ask to get a picture with you :( i regret not doing it at the time, but i was shy. lol i was going to snap a pic of that guy carrying you toward the parking lot, THAT was funny. i'm so mad, i wanted a pic with you too! doh!!

speedyejl
08-09-2003, 09:46 PM
http://www.forceofnature.com/events/nppl-nj03/layout.pdf

FON LIES!

Surreal
08-09-2003, 10:17 PM
wow that's almost accurate, but i could have SWORN there was no AGD booth. someone back me up here :]

my only complaints were:
the location, awful! it smelled like horse manuer, and it was muddy as a mofo! i don't even know how they were playing in that crap.

the spectator areas were pretty bad. you couldn't (well, you could, but you had to sneak in) get into the area in between the fields to spectate. and, it was a pain in the butt, and a long walk to walk around the perimeter to spectate games. it really ended up sucking, because it was like a 10 minute walk at least between fields. this time around, i'm submitting a much better location for the nppl, and hopefully they'll come check it out :D

Kaiser Bob
08-09-2003, 11:11 PM
I think that layout was tentative from a long time ago because most of the booths in that pic arent in right place, just about every main booth is in a different spot from that pic, and obviously no AGD booth. Also the evil and angel fields are switched in actuality (thank god)

PsychoBaller
08-10-2003, 12:00 AM
I was gonna hit up the NPPL S7 on Saturday, but never got down to it. For those who have been at the event in the last day or so... is it worth checking out ? or are there not enough cool vendors to check out, as well as the weather being crappy.. ????

I might check it out on Sunday....

~da baller

Automaggin2
08-10-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Blazingace
Did you play Rapid fire? If you did, did you beat them? I know a guy on that team and he said that they would roll you?

Typical Rapid Fire. Cockey as can be, but when they loose, they go home early crying.

graycie
08-10-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Automaggin2
Typical Rapid Fire. Cockey as can be, but when they loose, they go home early crying.

When I used to play/watch them at practices/tournaments and if they loose some of them liked to argue with the other team/refs, then argue with each other, then the calm teammates have to calm down the heated ones, and the heated one storms off cursing to himself.

I say some because I've talked to some of the guys in the past or heard through the grapevine that they wanted to leave the team because of all the lame, unsportsmanlike arguing.

Automaggin2
08-10-2003, 11:41 AM
Gracyie, A local stores team beat them in one of there first tourneys, and Rapid Fire got wind that htye were new to the tourney seen and left the field in disgust. They are very sore loosers.

Riotz
08-10-2003, 12:06 PM
All I have to say is, I met the pride guys at their hotel. It was 6 on 1 anddddddddddd, they didn't do anything. Chickens! hehe j/k

Enjoy the beer. :D

speedyejl
08-10-2003, 02:38 PM
Lucky you, I just got back from the feild. I caught up with Bea and asked if the Pride guys were still around, big no. They already left :(. Then she brought up that talk the losers always do about how the number 1 priority wasnt to win but have fun and they acomplished that.(jk)

Clare
08-10-2003, 02:55 PM
CLARE!~ i seen you a few times today, but i didn't ask to get a picture with you i regret not doing it at the time, but i was shy.
You should have come over and introduced yourself!

I had an awesome time despite the weather, mud fest, and on several occasions-questionable reffing. Thanks to Pride for asking me to play with them again and to Bea for filling in for Butch. She Rocks! :)

ICOM
08-10-2003, 04:08 PM
Glad to hear that. WOuld of been nice to make finals and see ya all win :)

adam shannon
08-11-2003, 08:05 PM
well, i just got back from NJ...again. second weekend in a row. by the time we got field media passes pride was done on day 2. we had a big time hookup connection and still had to wait 2 days for media passes...but i do have a couple pics of the team sitting on a bench in between games...lol. there were a couple tough losses, but the one that takes the cake is the one where the bunker broke loose from the ground fell over and exposed a very surprised and eliminated pride player.

skirts
08-11-2003, 10:32 PM
anyone seen any other pics or have any to post that i havent allready???

magnj
08-11-2003, 10:45 PM
Hey Clare, I saw ya too lol, didnt say hi tho, you were busy rippin it up. I was wonderign what Bea was doing out there, but now i know. Good times, learned lot from S7

speedyejl
08-11-2003, 11:19 PM
well eventually I'll get a pic up from the Ton Ton fight (which Im gonna assume you missed since Bea said you guys packed out on Sun morning)

Some pics you would have missed then

Naughty Dogs vs Ton Tons (fight game)
http://www.elairsmiths.com/NPPLNJ/naughtydogs1.jpg
http://www.elairsmiths.com/NPPLNJ/naughtydogs2.jpg
http://www.elairsmiths.com/NPPLNJ/naughtydogs3.jpg
http://www.elairsmiths.com/NPPLNJ/tontons1.jpg
http://www.elairsmiths.com/NPPLNJ/tontons2.jpg

Logan From Demented Kidz (hes got skillz)
http://www.elairsmiths.com/NPPLNJ/Logan1.jpg
http://www.elairsmiths.com/NPPLNJ/Logan2.jpg

Team Rage vs. Image (the game which was supposed to be the remake vs Dynasty after Lang got a little to many calls in his favor)

http://www.elairsmiths.com/NPPLNJ/rage.jpg

magnj
08-12-2003, 07:11 PM
yea that game was anticlimatica. Like 500 poeople ran over to the raven field and then it wasnt them.

I got the ton tons fight on film lol. If someone could host my videos after i edit them that would be super

speedyejl
08-12-2003, 07:41 PM
Talk to me on AIM

I'll host the videos and make it happen (either pre web optimize them or send them to me as mpegs so I can do some magic and make em smaller)

speedyejl
08-12-2003, 07:42 PM
Woops almost forgot

AIM- Speedyejl

Meph
08-13-2003, 12:02 AM
You guys did very well at the tournament. I only was able to catch 2 of your games, but overall the best of those was on the NPPL field. Despite the mud and everything, you just stormed and won that match easy. I think maybe 5 out of 7 remaining, too.

Bea was a sweetheart, as always. I was hoping that she would've been using an E/Xmag. But oh well, special exceptions can always be made, eh? :)

I'll have to check the FON or Warpig database. See exactly how you guys finished overall. I saw a lot of good talent, so I'm going to have to guess you guys did at least pretty well in the standings.

edit
Also, guys. How are your welts healing? I remember seeing some of them were bleeding. I mean I've seen bloody welts, but damn this was just oozing blood one one of 'em. Except Claire, she was shot in the knee-pad last I checked at the event ;)