PDA

View Full Version : Sydarm Performace Questions

Niterocker
08-09-2003, 01:35 AM
Hello all.

I have recently purchased a few Sydarms (thanks Tunaman) mostly as a notch in my collection rather than as an actual field gun. However, it is beginning to occur to me that they would be really fun to hit the field with. I am a bit shy about doing so however, because of the performance horror stories I have heard. I mean...AGD did stop selling them to the public because of reliability issues, no? When I got the opportunity to speak with Tom Kay at a recent scenario game, even he seemed down on the Sydarm...at least in terms of its application in scenario play. Of course, he still felt it to be an excellet product for police training.

So, I thought I would ask the forum what they thought. Has anyone here had good or bad experiances with the Sydarm? Is there anything that can be done to prevent or minimize problems?

Thanks in advance for the input.

-Keith
(hajkowski@aol.com)

PS - Does anyone know if a 45 mag frame will work on a Sydarm? I don't see why it wouldn't, but I don't have one to check.

Tunaman
08-09-2003, 06:11 AM
The Sydarm is about as accurate and reliable as a real gun in the same situation. But in 10 yrs from now they will still be around and working I bet. The inelliframe should fit fine.:D

no_doz
08-10-2003, 01:54 AM
where does the co2 cartridge go?

FRENZY
08-10-2003, 02:34 PM
I've had an interest in the sydarm for some time, but how much better is it compared to an Armotech pistol and PT Extreme?

The only thing keeping me from getting one is the price...why so expensive?