PDA

View Full Version : Meet ... The Tominator!

MXS
08-09-2003, 11:44 PM
One being monitors the machines as they exterminate mankind.
One being watches as his enemies are destroyed.
One being will insure the fate of the future.

Meet ...

THE TOMINATOR.

PMI and MXS are proud to present the premier of the “Texas Throwdown,” a year-end, three-day paintball extravaganza wrapped around a 26-hour MXS scenario.

The event is to be held on Dec. 5-7 at Paintball USA in Houston, the best scenario field in Texas! The scenario is named “Countdown to Armageddon: T-3.” It will begin on Saturday at noon and end on Sunday at 2 p.m.

Texas will host players from around the country; meet and greet the MXS Series Sponsors; explore a huge vendor tradeshow under the Big Top tent and welcome professional gun teching by Gunslingers.

Participants will enjoy Friday festivities to include: Bust*N*Balls Hospitality Suite with projection TV and hot tub; live music by the Texas Terraplanes; the Marines Toys for Tots give-away by Atomic Ordnance; Man versus Machine RC truck races; Ultralight intro flights by Ultralight America; the Scenario News Costume Contest; Armotech Top Gun One-on-One Competition; more food than you can enjoy in a weekend; free camping and more!

Industry and player-supported raffles and auctions to benefit the Kayleigh Wilkes cancer fund! An industry sponsored player prize package the likes of which Texas has never seen!

Paintball industry poo-bahs have already signed on, such as Paul and Joyce Devane of PMI Southeast; the Evil product trailer; Tom Kaye of AGD; Ethan Wheeler and the Bust*N*Balls distribution tent; the Odyssey Halo trailer; Robb Lussier of Get Real/AT Systems; Mike Hanse of EMR and Blue’s Crew; “Smokin’ Joe” Stayback and Kevin “Joker” Wilkes of Shatner’s Magnificent 7; Lawrence Wright of Scenario News; Z and Q from Paintballmaxx; body art and jewelry by Styles of Atomic Needles and many more coming onboard!

During the game (weather permitting), players can rent a piloted tandem Ultralight aircraft for their recon, paintball strafing runs and grenade bombing opportunities! Offered by Ultralight America (www.ultralightamerica.com), blocks of time can be purchased at: 12- to 15-minute flight / strafing run = $25.00; 20+ minute flight = $45.00. Rules will be explained during orientation and will be strictly enforced.

Players will experience night play never before experienced in a scenario game, with over 250 pyrotechnics exploding into the air – a literal barrage on the senses!

Player Appreciation Registration price: postmarked NOW through October 1 is $40.

Pre-Registration price: postmarked October 2 through November 12 is $50.

Registration: postmarked after Nov. 12 or arrival the weekend of the event is $60.

Players can send in their registration forms and fees to: Paintball USA, 10924 Grant Rd., P.O. Box 324, Houston, TX 77070 to reserve their slot at this premiere event. An interactive, printable form can be found here: http://www.mxsportz.com/leftmenu/forms/prereginter.html

Make checks payable to Paintball USA.

Event paint will be PMI Premium at $80/case. Air fills will be done on a ticket system: $4 per ticket or 4 tickets for $10.

More event information will be forthcoming to the www.mxstexasthrowdown.com website. Stay tuned!

AGD
08-11-2003, 10:38 PM
I'll be there........

Darkstorm
08-12-2003, 06:57 PM
Greetings to everyone that is coming to PaintballUSA. This is the Texas Rangers home field and the work has already started to make this an even better field than it already is.

Tom...your Steak Dinner is on us. What type of beer would you like to go with that steak?

Darkstorm - Texas Ranger

Evil Preacher
08-12-2003, 08:17 PM
Evil Inc. will be there... Do we get steaks too?

MXS
08-13-2003, 03:13 PM
The Texans KNOW how to throw a party. There will be so much food at this event, you'll have to make some difficult decisions.
On Friday, there will be over 200 pounds of complimentary barbecue with all the fixin's to feed everyone, with two cooking teams. The Paintball USA crew will have their grills going 24/7, and offer a variety of foods at reasonable prices. The players fire up their grills, woks, RV stoves and kettles to cook everything from Cajun, Mexican, steaks, brauts, burgers and breakfast.

Texas is the Land of Large. The paintball players enjoy living it at their games. That's why the Texas Throwdown was created. It's time the world met the Texans.
:cool:

H.K S.O.C.O.M.45
08-14-2003, 03:40 AM
Ok not to sound like a freak but mr.kaye i am sure you no this but you are a genius the automag concept is just great i am in the process of buying a automag (hated my spyder) i was wondering what exactly is the cyborg mission for the splatt attack 2 event ? because i am registering for the cyborg team as my first choice but what is are mission? thanks.

darwin
08-19-2003, 08:14 PM
ill be there :)

darwin
08-19-2003, 09:42 PM
ill be there :)

Dr. Needlove
09-04-2003, 03:21 PM
Tom,

Being a member of Team S.W.A.T. I will be looking foward to seeing you @ Texas Throwdown. I love playing for this team and love letting Brad work on my markers, even though i don't have a mag....yet. Well i look foward to meeting you.

Dr. Needlove

LaW
09-04-2003, 10:34 PM
If I was done with school by then I would definately make it down there! But my finals are a week after that...

Gunga
09-13-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by MXS
On Friday, there will be over 200 pounds of complimentary barbecue with all the fixin's

That oughtta feed Preacher...what's everyone else going to eat? ;) :D

JJ

judster
09-13-2003, 09:17 AM
of course the wedgies will be there. looking forward to seeing all my friends and getting to talk to tom about some things. hope to meet some new friends from the boards here. trust me, us texans know how to throw a party....come and visit us for the weekend!!!

wyn1370
09-16-2003, 01:41 PM
ok what team is Tom leading???
we need to know which team to register for

cabldawg
10-15-2003, 09:44 PM
for those of you that have been wondering about this game the story line is up
http://www.mxstexasthrowdown.com/storyline.htm
Still no list of charactors yet.

Lawrence TB Wright
10-16-2003, 03:25 PM
Tom won't be leading this time, he'll be playing. Chances are pretty good, he'll be with the Machine side. But it will be a welcome relief I am sure to him to just get to play a game for once and not worry about commanding.

IronKong51
10-17-2003, 11:28 AM
The marauders will be there in force with at least most of our team comming its gonna be a game to remember
See you all on friday

Peace and paintball
See you on the FLIPside
Flip

CherryBomb
10-22-2003, 12:38 PM
I got plans on being there, how could I miss out on a good ol' Texas Throwdown.. *grin*

Workin like mad on gettin Kitten, Eskimo an Slash out there too.

Ive already started scribblin out everything I need to bring to this event too..

1 Case of Sprite to bribe Preacher into not setting off another smoke bomb in my tent..

1 Box of White Castle burgers for Judster, well... he'll tell you the story, but he just loves em, ask him about it sometime!

Hrrrm.. feel like I'm forgettin something.. hrrmm.. wonder what.

-Cherry Bomb
'Explosive Personality'

Burphel
10-22-2003, 03:20 PM
Bring Evil Groupies!

Muzikman
10-27-2003, 02:52 PM
So...since this is getting a little closer, where is everyone staying?

AGD
10-28-2003, 11:41 AM
I will be there so you all better find good places to hide!!

Tominator

MXS
11-29-2003, 12:15 AM
The weather is going to be great!
Sunny and 60s during the day; maybe a little nippy at night for all the Southerners, as 40s are being predicted a week out from the game.

The playing field is spectacular, with 3 new, huge fortresses built by area teams BOCHICA, the Gorillas and Roy "Gold Dog" Cousten, with help from the Paintball USA staff. New trails through the woods and new bunkers along the roads have been added to this 100-acre scenario field! But, oh, the speedball fields do rock :D

We'll start taking bids on the Friday "Underground" hospitality suite Hot Tub Hour beginning Thursday afternoon.
200 pounds of free Texas-style brisket with all the trimmings Friday night! Don't forget the RC Truck races and Ultralight flights on Friday, too.

Be there or be square :cool:

darwin
11-29-2003, 04:40 AM
This will be my first scenario game.

muawhah :o

Furby
11-29-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by darwin

Well, at least you're starting out right! MXS and MPP are the best of the best right now. So after you partake of the goodness in Texas, bring yourself to FL and play in a MPP Game!
:D

Burphel
11-29-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by darwin

Really? Me too!
*snicker*

IronKong51
12-02-2003, 09:12 AM
This is an open invite to any AOers that need a comfy but cheap place to stay for the game
We have rented 2 RV's for this game and we have 2 bunks left over they are going for 25 a night and thats with use of the can and all the amenities its first come first serve so let me know asap if you are interested either here or email me at mmarauder51@hotmail.com

see you guys in 2 days
TMK

Midway
12-15-2003, 04:52 PM
Well, its over now but what a party. It was good to meet so many of you that I've seen on the boards and it was even more fun to shoot at you on the field :p

Thanks to all of those that made the trip to Houston and for those that are planning on coming back next year start saving your pennies now! MXS has commited to making the Texas Throwdown the crown jewel of scenario paintball and based on this years event I don't think they will have any problem achieving that mission!

Special thanks to Aiki (Machine General) for not questioning me when I demanded my helicopter and all of the fuel cards (managed to stay in the air all morning on Sunday :D ) and to One-Shot (Human General) for giving me the opportunity to get some XO experience and radio time during the night game even if I was playing for the other team ;)

It was a great game and if you missed it then ask your friends for their stories so you will know better that to skip it in 2004!

Midway
Team FUBAR
Houston, Texas

darwin
12-15-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Midway
Well, its over now but what a party. It was good to meet so many of you that I've seen on the boards and it was even more fun to shoot at you on the field :p

Thanks to all of those that made the trip to Houston and for those that are planning on coming back next year start saving your pennies now! MXS has commited to making the Texas Throwdown the crown jewel of scenario paintball and based on this years event I don't think they will have any problem achieving that mission!

Special thanks to Aiki (Machine General) for not questioning me when I demanded my helicopter and all of the fuel cards (managed to stay in the air all morning on Sunday :D ) and to One-Shot (Human General) for giving me the opportunity to get some XO experience and radio time during the night game even if I was playing for the other team ;)

It was a great game and if you missed it then ask your friends for their stories so you will know better that to skip it in 2004!

Midway
Team FUBAR
Houston, Texas

*shakes head*

Hah, it was greating hearing people tell me about this on sunday.. props on that move :p

This was my first and wont be my last scenario game. It was a blast.