PDA

View Full Version : Tippmann vs Agd at IAO

TomFoolery
08-10-2003, 09:23 AM
does anyone have a vid from the Tippmann vs AGD semifinal? i was at the IAO and watched the worst ref call ever. tippmann's back player was hit 5 tmes and stayed in the game until the end, taking out a couple of AGD's players. What the <B>*POOF*</B> happened?! it was a crap call, ,and i'd like to see it again to make sure i'm <B>*POOF*</B> about the right people. did anyone else witness this B.S. or was i delusional at the tme? just cuz they shoot mag's, they still deserve some justice! we mag owners need love too!

<B>*Warning: No Cussing*</B> -Miscue

TippmannOwners
08-02-2005, 12:24 AM
does anyone have a vid from the Tippmann vs AGD semifinal? i was at the IAO and watched the worst ref call ever. tippmann's back player was hit 5 tmes and stayed in the game until the end, taking out a couple of AGD's players. What the <B>*POOF*</B> happened?! it was a crap call, ,and i'd like to see it again to make sure i'm <B>*POOF*</B> about the right people. did anyone else witness this B.S. or was i delusional at the tme? just cuz they shoot mag's, they still deserve some justice! we mag owners need love too!

<B>*Warning: No Cussing*</B> -Miscue

Please tell me the color his pants and kind of mask. I would also like a video of this as well. I can tell you however no one had 5 hits or more on them the entire IAO besides me when i got bunkered in the snake. Sometimes what you see on the sidelines doesn't happen in the game. for instance the "bounce" on a BE player. Please do not judge the entire team because of one incident by one player. We had a bad apple and the situation has been resurected. Im just saying bro. from the sidelines, what makes you think your right and the ref next to him was wrong? refs were great and all over us. if one of my guys played on a ref diffilently would of saw it atleast in my opinon. They had no favorites, except teh refs in the tent we were the favoriest! :rofl: Anyone else who saw this feel free to chime in. we went to the OGD to have fun. Not make ourselves look like idiots. However to a certain few people who are are very uptight, i guess thats how we came off. Please do not hold any gudges towards the team.

SpitFire1299
08-02-2005, 12:31 AM
This is an old topic..

Topic Made-

TippmannOwners
08-02-2005, 12:35 AM
This is an old topic..

Topic Made-

HAHA opps.. :ninja: someone linked me..

..backs slowly out a thread to try and save some dignity..

Aslan
08-02-2005, 02:52 AM
Sorry for the newb input...but let me see if I understand this...perhaps I need a paintball magazine or something.

Are you saying that each company has a team they sponser (Tippmann, BE, VL, Kingman, Smart Parts, AGD, etc...)? Does the team only use markers made by their sponser? Who usually wins? What does the Brass Eagle team shoot...stingrays or old rainmakers? Is everybody on team tippmann shooting A5s?

I find this very interesting. :ninja:

sol tank
08-02-2005, 03:03 AM
some companies habe factory teams equipped with their best markers, like Tippmann has tippmann effect equiped with a5's and so on.

These IAO are just sorta like regular people on boards and such who own a certain brand of gun who compete against other brands at one event. Not company sponsored.

Aslan
08-02-2005, 03:19 AM
some companies habe factory teams equipped with their best markers, like Tippmann has tippmann effect equiped with a5's and so on.

These IAO are just sorta like regular people on boards and such who own a certain brand of gun who compete against other brands at one event. Not company sponsored.

What does IAO stand for? Is there a list of where these events are taking place each year or do they just pop up? Do you find that there are like 15 Smart Parts teams and only one or two AGD teams...what is the case usually?

Interesting...thanks.

Muzikman
08-02-2005, 07:45 AM
Ok, IAO stands for International Ametuer Open, this is a tournament that is held outside of Pittsburgh, PA every year for the last 15 years. There is a division within the IAO for the past two years called the OGD (Owners Group Division). The idea is that owners groups from all over the insternet put together teams. They then use the guns of that owners group. For instance AO had two teams there (AFTICA and Automags.org) they all used a mag of some sort. The Rainmakers owners group used Rainmakers (until all but one broke).

Take a look at www.theiao.com for more info.

There will be another OGD next year I am sure.

Cameo
08-02-2005, 11:12 AM
I do not recall seeing such a problem. When I was watching the games I was watching , but I did also have to chase after the monster quite a bit...I belive there were 3 or so people that were recording most every game... try on the POG forum also on the aka forum

Muzikman
08-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Steph, Might want to read the top three posts in the thread. It was old OLD thread from 2003:)

Cameo
08-02-2005, 01:12 PM
Steph, Might want to read the top three posts in the thread. It was old OLD thread from 2003:)
I am glad i have you around to keep me in check.. I am a dork. :p

cris8762
08-02-2005, 10:07 PM
a dork with an EXCALIBUR!!!!!!!!

congrats again