PDA

View Full Version : Possible to gut an Ergo reg?

TigerMan
08-10-2003, 01:27 PM
I just got an Autococker with an Ergo reg, and since I have a Max Flow nitro system, I don't really want to double reg. So instead of having to fork over about $25 for a gas through foregrip, does anybody know how and if the Ergo reg can be gutted? Thanks for the help!

BajaBoy
08-10-2003, 01:51 PM
use a strap wrench.. on the threads and one on the reg body, that is where it comes apart. I dont know if its a good idea though.

i tried to get one apart to anno but i gave up.

rehme
08-10-2003, 03:36 PM
i believe to gut a reg all you have to do is take the spring out. correct me if i am wrong.

FordPrefect
08-10-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by rehme
i believe to gut a reg all you have to do is take the spring out. correct me if i am wrong.

That should work.

sneakyhacker420
08-10-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by rehme

or with a reg like WGP's, take all the internals out and just wrap teflon tape around the reg. adjustment screw so air doesn't get past it

then it'll be lighter too

68magOwner
08-10-2003, 11:55 PM
hey, i have a black gas through ill trade you for your ergo reg, ill pay both shippin fees, PM me if you want to (i need a reg, u need a gas through, cant blame me for tryin)

TigerMan
08-11-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by 68magOwner
hey, i have a black gas through ill trade you for your ergo reg, ill pay both shippin fees, PM me if you want to (i need a reg, u need a gas through, cant blame me for tryin)

Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. If I get a gas through, I'd really only want one of those CP mini ones.