PDA

View Full Version : Just checked out PSP Philly site!

graycie
08-10-2003, 02:10 PM
I'm actually excited about something paintball related and believe me its been a long time since that has happened.

After lunch with my Mom in the city today I took a little detour on the way home to check out the venue. For those of you that have been to Fairmount Park you know its a pretty well kept park with some historic buildings. The area of the park like PSP said is in front of Memorial Hall past the Mann Music center. So far the Dye and one Draxxus trailer are on site, the football field goals were removed and the telephone poles are in, but no netting yet. It didn't look like the parking area was marked off yet. I saw one person working on the field that kinda resembled Danny Bonura (not sure because I was driving by in my car).

The cool thing about this venue that Super 7 lacked was its near a major city, accessable off the highway, local news stations aren't that far away, and above all its a park(which can bring easily bring in spectators and the local neighbors). I predict Pat's and Delilahs are going to have a really good week when PSP rolls in.

Drawbacks will be the usual Philly traffic, from what I heard from my sister in-law that used to live in that area is that during the weekdays commuter traffic runs through there, but if there are events in the park they shut down some roads. On the weekends they shut down West River Drive and re-route the traffic through the park area.

Woogie12
08-10-2003, 04:36 PM
I can't wait to go. What days are you going?

Troy
08-10-2003, 09:52 PM
This tourney is going to rock.

AGD Kids will be there from wednesday - sunday.

Woogie12
08-10-2003, 10:14 PM
Yea it is. I am going wednesday and saturday. Are the AGD kids and the AGD lions the same team or no?

Troy
08-10-2003, 11:11 PM
same team but we have 3 new killers

Woogie12
08-10-2003, 11:12 PM
Awesome, what division will you guys be in?

no_doz
08-10-2003, 11:18 PM
wish i didnt live so far away or id go

Woogie12
08-10-2003, 11:28 PM
Where do you live? You should definitely try and make it. It's going to be sick.