PDA

View Full Version : help with dis-asambling

whiskey29
08-10-2003, 06:30 PM
I got my first mag rt used.
it won't fire, i would like to check the orings,
is it safe to disasamble the vavle/regs even if it's degass ? I read somewehre that it could still have some air inside.

thanks in advance.

Tunaman
08-10-2003, 06:59 PM
You should be fine if it is de-gassed. Check for old, discolored orings. Put a parts it in it while you have it all apart. Let me know if you need help fixing it.;)

whiskey29
08-10-2003, 10:27 PM
Hi Tunaman, thanks for helping.

I finally take out all that brown o-rings. yes brown, and the bolt also stick like a glue, to that spacers, i guess it hasn't been used for a long time.

i changed all the o-rings i can find,
I turn the velocity adjuster all th way out and it wouldn't shoot, so I turn it all the way in it leaks from the velo hole.
then I tried to turn it out a little at a time.

I got to a point where I can finally shot 2 times and have to wait for a while until the trigger charged, by the way, when i shot it, it leaks from the velo adjuster hole at the same time.

Is it because that i haven't found the optimum point where I should set the velocity adjuster, or there's something else ?

btw, it's an 2001 or 2000 rt classic with level 10. 2 spacers and i can't think of anything else.

the tank is good, it has about 2200 psi now.

other thing is in the regulator , i found some grease, are they supposed to be there ? it's dirty now, if i were to replace it what kind of grease should i use ?

thanks alot in advance

i wish i had the video bu the seller forgot to include it.