PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming MXS scenarios in the West!

MXS
08-10-2003, 07:16 PM
MXS will be producing two 26-hour scenarios in the West next month!

First, there's "Fallout" at Herbies Paintball Games in Fernley (near Reno), Nevada on Sept. 20-21. Herbies has a large, incredible field and great amenities. Hundreds of players have experienced the rush of MXS games at Herbies over the years. Don't miss out on this one! Save yourself 10 bucks and pre-register by Sept. 3. Call Herbies at 775-575-6946. The event information, storyline and forms can be found here (http://www.mxsportz.com/chronicles/games/fallout/gameinfo.html).

Next up is "Flashpoint: Resistance" at Sudden Impact in Tucson, Arizona on Sept. 27-28. Scenario players enjoy this fast-paced, competitive field. Get in on this one by calling Paintball Headquarters at 520-293-5850. Event information, storyline and forms can be found here (http://www.mxsportz.com/chronicles/games/flashpoint/gameinfo.html). The pre-registration deadline for this event is Sept. 10.

For more information, visit us on the web at Mackz Xtreme Sportz (http://www.mxsportz.com). There is a player message forum for every event. Check out the competition and meet your allies!

aaron_mag
09-06-2003, 05:51 PM
Okay it looks like I'll be making it to Fallout in Nevada. Anyone else going? This should be fun.....

Burphel
09-07-2003, 11:22 AM
All of Evil Inc will be there (Preacher's the general for the Brotherhood). IIRC, TB's planning on coming on down, as are many other friends and worthy adversaries *coughloserscough* of the Evil crew. I've also heard tell that we'll be having a special guest out for the weekend.

And now for the plug...
This game is going to be a blast. Herbie's is an awesome field, with great local players. And since it's in the middle of the desert, it's a great transition field for those used to the mechanics of speedball type games who want to try out the scenario format for a change.

If you've got the money and the weekend off, this will be a game you don't want to miss.

aaron_mag
09-07-2003, 09:25 PM
Burphel- Just checked out your homepage (for Evil). So you are a northwesterner! Cool to see scenario starting to make a presence up here.

I'll try to get on the brotherhood team. I loved the Fallout computer games so I am looking forward to this......closest thing you will find to a major scenario game in the northwest.....

Burphel
09-08-2003, 12:53 AM
Yup, in fact, if you've been out to the SplatAction big games in Mololla, you might have run into me down there. I haven't made it this year, but I've been down there the last few years. If you haven't, check one out. While it's a far cry from an MXS game, it's a nice field and always good competition.

And if you can find a good field out in your neck of the woods, drop Mother an email. She's told me several times she'd love to do a game in the northwest, but everybody I've talked to seems to think that they can do good enough running one themself.

sps16
09-08-2003, 12:58 AM
no bay area scenarios? :(

Steelrat
09-08-2003, 01:01 AM
Well, we have "Steelrat trips over something 4" coming up in the bay area later this month...

aaron_mag
09-08-2003, 08:36 AM
Splat Action is the only field I've seen that could really pull off a big scenario (although some of the structures should be strengthened for massive numbers of people). I think that they would do really well just turning over the field for a MXS game. I don't know how it is set up (split in profit) but I think they would make some dough. If only they would try it one year just to see how it turns out. They really don't have much to lose......

Lawrence TB Wright
09-08-2003, 12:55 PM
Easiest way is to have the field owner to email the producer you are wanting to come out to the field. From there, they can discuss the financial aspects of the deal.

You can get them to contact pacman at pacman@mxsportz.com.

Burphel
09-08-2003, 02:39 PM
Actually, I've been trying to hook up this field owner and MXS for a while. My understanding is that the financial splitting is the hang-up. Too bad, but both sides gotta do what they think is best. Maybe if more people talk to the field owner about MXS, he'll give it a try.

As for bay area scenarios, MXS doesn't have a field there this year, although you could probably find a ride from there to Fallout if you post up on the MXS message board. Never know about next year. You might check out BlackCat and MPP, I know they've done scenarios in Cali, and I'm sure some of the larger fields do their own big games.

muirtach
09-08-2003, 04:11 PM
Can't wait to meet those of you coming up to my neck of the woods for Fallout. Being the only Northenr Nevada AOer is a bit lonely.

aaron_mag
09-08-2003, 04:44 PM
Okay so what team should we try and get on for AO? Looks like the Brotherhood correct?

muirtach
09-08-2003, 05:12 PM
Evil! Evil! Evil!

I've got a buddy who might have an X-mag in time for the eevent as well.

TheFox
09-10-2003, 11:38 AM
Lonely? my company isn't good enough?

"That's why evil will always win, becuase good is dumb."

Need to join the evil side.

o0synge0o
09-15-2003, 01:23 AM
Gads, wish I could make it to Fallout, but alas, my mag is still in the makings and its a bit hard to transport all your gear up to Reno when all you have for transportation is a 1000cc Street Bike... I could make it there in great time, but to bring all the goods would be a feat.

Next year I hope to make atleast a few scenarios, and will try my best to make it to the shatner game.