PDA

View Full Version : Give my RT a sweet spot...

FortySix&2
08-10-2003, 10:30 PM
I was wondering if anyone could give me a link to or help me with what I can do to give my RT a sweet spot, or make it more responsive so I can shoot faster.:confused:

QUINCYMASSGUY
08-10-2003, 11:52 PM
Sweet spot, or runaway is bad. Illegal on most fields and will potentially wear out your bolt and sear. The new ULE trigger can set up runaway/sweetspotting but again, I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT!

To increase reactivity, increase the input to your valve if it's an RT or X valve. But don't go too high, additional pressure to the internals and airline could wear your parts out quick.

Practice the trigger, that's your best bet.

Z-man
08-11-2003, 01:16 AM
Wear it away more than it would if you fired the same noumber of shots?

I have been hearing this often. I have been running 900-950 input on both my 6 year old RT AND my new RT Pro.

Are you suggesting that if I fired 100 rounds pulling the trigger and then did another 100 rounds rapidfiring the gun that somehow those second 100 rounds wore away something more than the first 100 rounds?

Doesn't sound logical to me. I can see that if one rapidfired all day long, he would cycle the gun much more than if he pulled the trigger each time and thus more cycles OVERALL=more wear.

But same # or shots fire 20 per second or 2 per seconds would seem to have no effect on wear. Everything still works on my stuff.

Steelrat
08-11-2003, 01:34 AM
Ah-HA! Sweet-spotting advice eh? Z=man, you are so busted! 900 psi into the old mag, eh?

Z-man
08-11-2003, 01:37 AM
WAIT WAIT! I MEAN ummm...

all the time EXCEPT WHEN I PLAY AT SCP!

yeah...

I'll.. show you.. sometime. and stop following me around! Your like the cops, always watchign the dodge viper even if hes being good ;)

Steelrat
08-11-2003, 01:38 AM
Yeah, well wait until you meet the old Viking with the blade trigger and the debounce set to 1! I'll show you cheesy gun manipulation!

FortySix&2
08-11-2003, 01:41 AM
Ok, so from what I've gathered basically to get more "bounce" and give it a sweet spot, I need to up the pressure to around 900-950psi. My question is how would I do that with a Crossfire 68/4500 tank, or is it not possible w/ the preset reg?

Z-man
08-11-2003, 01:49 AM
having spent a great deal of time testing this out.. ummm for purely the love of knowledge STEELRAT! I find that it is VERY hard to pull of any rapid fire. As you learned, the RT valve is higly dependent on the output pressure of your tank. It also depends on how high a flow rate your tank is capable of.

For example, back in 98 when I first got a preset ACI buldog 3000psi tank on my RT, I got NO rapidfire, it was a pingy trigger but I had no control.

When I moved up to a Flatline 3000psi tank I had much more control over how reactive the trigger was. I had to turn up my flatline to 950-1000psi to get it to rapidfire (the newer Flatlines may be different so keep that in mind).

Currently I run a Max Flow 4500 psi tank and have great control over the trigger. I can go as low as 600psi and have an autococker like trigger with ZERO bounce or go up to 900+ psi and have it all but fire itself its so pingy. Being able to adjust the trigger feel on the fly is also very nice too with a preset tank.

Bottom line: You have no control over the trigger RT aspect on a preset tank. if it works, great but you cannot really change it if it does not.

FortySix&2
08-11-2003, 01:52 AM
Thanks for the help guys, that is exactly what I needed to know.

batteryfree
08-19-2003, 04:21 PM
ok just to clarify if i want to sweetspot i need to rase my tank to around 950 psi??

Z-man
08-19-2003, 05:22 PM
it depends on the tank reg. Some regulators are higher flow than others. My MaxFlow will allow me to run as low as 900psi and rapidfire but my old Flatline wonld not do it unless it was 950 and more often at 1000psi.

darwin
08-19-2003, 07:20 PM
is this reactivity existant in any other mags

Z-man
08-19-2003, 08:37 PM
any other Mag with the RT valve. This includes the Xvalve (an aluminum RT valve). So all Classic RTs, RT Pros, Emags, Xmags and any Retrovalve Mags have this ability.