PDA

View Full Version : Heaviest marker setup

Bad_Dog
08-10-2003, 11:28 PM
ok, just like the title seys, time for all you people with the huge heavy markers out there to weigh in.

my mag classic with j&j ceramic barrel, intelliframe, 68ci 3000psi carbon fiber tank, steel drop forward, steel foregrip, stock powerfeed body, stock body rail, warp feed + hose ect., 12vt revvy, all loaded up with paint, weighs in at 12lbs 3oz

lets hear from some of ya that use the "heavier" marker

oh yah... and ya dont need to make fun of me for having such a heavy setup... people do it enough in person:D

AutomagBoy
08-11-2003, 12:51 AM
Ahahah this thread is great. Tom should start a UHE product line.

graycie
08-11-2003, 01:04 AM
I think my friend Jake would take the title with his nasty 'phoons with warp feeds, and a big ol' gas eater tank. Some of you may have all ready seen the set up online.

Z-man
08-11-2003, 01:22 AM
OO I might be able to win this one. I'll post back what my Classic Warped RT weighs in at when filly loaded hehe

Tyger
08-11-2003, 02:12 AM
You can't fight me on this. I've got 'yall beat. See the pic below. I would have added it to THIS post, butI can't. :(

-Tyger

dinger
08-11-2003, 02:26 AM
i would have to rate this as one of the better threads started lol:cool:

but my friend said his emag w/boomstick, steel df, 78/4500 tank, and filled haloB is 13 pounds and 9 ounces

my gun on the other hand... piranha core g3, with small df, 20oz tank, and full 200rd hopper is like 3.5 pounds hahaha

ZAust
08-11-2003, 02:27 AM
maybe an emag with stainless body, 114 ci angel air, warp, halo, dz II fully loaded with paint and air

Tyger
08-11-2003, 03:03 AM
Here it is. Arguably the HEAVIEST production paintgun EVER made. The EXC-68 from Benjamin-Sheridan.

JUST THE GUN weighs 6 pounds. And that' with my "PHAZE 2" "lighter" internals from Paintball Daves. PLUS a 20 ounce tank (it's an air hog! That tank is good for 500 balls, on a good day...), PLUS a hopper (and this is the lighter "Whaler" feeder!), fill 'em both, and you're talking almost TEN POUNDS OF PAINTGUN! WHOO-RA!!!!

For refrence, I've placed my old 'snappers next to it, PLUS two 140 ball pods. "Look at the SIZE of that thing!!!!" Made before the concept of playing "tight" was less important than being able to throw the gun form a moving vehicle and still making sure it could shoot.

The gun still shoots, but it's got a few issues. It's missing a few screws, and I can't adjust the velocity without the right tool, but the "Chaingun" (as we affectionally call her) still shoots paint! Now it's up there in the weight category with the "68-Special" and some of the "Scenario guns" that are out now. But, lemme tell ya, I'm all for this new-fangled light weight paintguns. :)

-Tyger

beefstew
08-11-2003, 03:13 AM
2k2 shocker Dye 16" SS barrel (also have boomy and cp) warp feed, halo, angel air, gadget grip. SS hose.
Wanted to make the heaviest setup of all time
Weight: Heavy.
i actually like the shots with a heavy gun, the shocker doesnt move when you shoot it, allowing you to just slam on the trigger and not move the barrel or rope of paint anywhere
phil

Grasshopper
08-11-2003, 03:28 AM
Tyger, where did you get an elbow to fit that gun? My friend has one, but I couldn't even get an adjustable elbow to fit onto it. The feedneck is freakin' huge!

He runs almost the same thing as that, but we put a Coke bottle on top (we couldn't get any hoppers to fit) and a 3oz c02 bottle on the front instead of whatever you've got set-up there. We call it, "The Shotgun". The thing is so loud :)

Edit: Also, he has the back c02 bottle running out of the top, like the old 'Mags.

dinger
08-11-2003, 03:42 AM
Tyger-

WHAT THE <B>*POOF*</B> IS THAT THING?!?!!? ITS A MONSTER!! i never thought i'd see the day where zombie paintball guns exist

btw nice "tyger" mask hahahahah ;D

<B>*Warning: No Cussing*</B> -Miscue

Tyger
08-11-2003, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Grasshopper
Tyger, where did you get an elbow to fit that gun?

You gotta get inventive.

The gun came with a brass fiting to act as the "Elbow", and a nut in the gun body to hold it firm. But most hoppers win't fit it.

So get a brass ftting, 1 inch by 1 inch, I think, at about a 45 degree bend, like a regular hopper elbow. Fit it in there, and cinch it in place with the set screw. Slide it 45 degrees diagonal, not 90 deg. vertical, to the gun. Then use a standard VL elbow to 45 degrees so the hpper is sitting just over the gun. You can kinda see it on the chaingun up there, it looks like a plumbers nightmare, but it DOES work. It's like a paintball chicane, kinda. If that makes sense?

It takes a 1 inch elbow. The VL's have a collar in them that's removable, and that makes the elbow a 1 incher. Try one of those, it SHOULD work out for you. Almost all the others are 3/4 inchers, and that's not gonna fit. Worce comes to wors,e APP makes a 1 inch elbow, you jus need to tighten it down with hose clamps.

(edit add) As to what it is? That's the chaingun. :) EXC-68, made around 1993 or so. It's a VM-68 / PMI-3 derivative that's the grand-daddy of every Spyder you've ever seen. Works the same way, but it's MUCH chunkier. Much heavier too...

and http://www.tyger.us/paintball/Tigers/oldmask.html if you want to see better pics of that mask. I've got the whole 'history' of the ears and tail there.

-Tyger

dinger
08-11-2003, 04:07 AM
the "hopper" is the most un-evovled piece of crap i have EVER seen lmao

and that mask history?? i get a kick out of that lol

did you paint it? :o and the fact of playing with a guy wearing a tiger mask would be scary, and the dude wearing it.... even scarier man D:

Tyger
08-11-2003, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by dinger
the "hopper" is the most un-evovled piece of crap i have EVER seen lmao

and that mask history?? i get a kick out of that lol

did you paint it? :o and the fact of playing with a guy wearing a tiger mask would be scary, and the dude wearing it.... even scarier man D:

In order...

Don't dis 'da hopper man! It's got MAGIC FISH LIPS in it!!! If you don't believe me, I'll get the cam back out and get a photo of it tomorrow. AT THE TIME, it was cutting edge. Keep in mind that back in the day APG ran an article on "How to make a hopper from an oil bottle." No joke. So the "Whaler" hopper, which holds over 100 balls, was cutting edge. With "Magic fish lips".

It's better than the first edition Viewloader. See, they had a feeder opening to fit tubes. 10 round tubes. But it was a 120 round hopper... Talk about a LONG reload...

The Mask is a JT "Whipper Snapper", the first real paintball specific mask made. The faceplate was normally green, but I painted the cat face on it. IN the pic above you can't see the ear armor, which was aftermarket add-ons, but they're there. Hell, I've got the JT "Anti-ambush hood" somewhere here too...

And I did used to play in it too. Had to stop when it got beaten up too much. I'd paint my masks now, but the time invested isn't worth it anymore. I mean, it takes 4-5 hours to make it, then a day or two to 'cure' with the clearcoat, and it still chips. So, forget it. I'll stick to my ears and tail.

And thank you for the compliment. :D

-Tyger

dansim
08-11-2003, 07:40 AM
ss minimag body
elipce pslash kit(full)
benchmark double trigger
32* expansision chamber
14 jj brass barrel
under mounted grenade launcher
12v full paint
grenade round
steel lines for both thanks
20co2
4 0z co2(grenade)with another small drop with duckbill
y2kradle
warpfeed
flashlight

all for a scenario game
total weight 24.7lbs

Koosh
08-11-2003, 07:47 AM
A guy I played with had a VM-68 that was F'in heavy, even with all the mods he did to it to make it lighter (like a lighter hammer... and other stuff ;) ). I don't know the exact weight, but he was running dual CO2 tanks on it, one under the barrel, the other on a remote line, and even WITH the tank on a remote, the gun was the heaviest one I've held. It weighed only a slight bit more then my gun, however, which takes some effort. I'll go weigh my gun here soon to see what it comes in at. He also had enough adapters to run 4 Co2 tanks on it, so basically no matter what he could have the heaviest gun I've ever seen. Oh, and the VM shot VERY well too, made me want to get one!

Here is a crappy pic of the guy I played with and his VM (yes, thats a warp feed on it)... I meant to get a picture of ONLY the VM, but he had it packed up before I could ask... oh well...

Strider
08-11-2003, 09:21 AM
Vm68 Magnum, 10oz out the front and a 20oz off the back.

Add my warp and VL3000. :D Bu-ha!

Ok, gotta set that up now...

Shame I don't have one of those rare 16ci HPA tanks, I could strap my flatline on and have the HPA out the front. :D

kevdupuis
08-11-2003, 10:44 AM
Hey Strider, how is the old Lizard Blaster doing. The last time I saw you it had a small gas leak ,(if I remember correctly). Are you bringing it to SPPLAT II and deafen some ears.

chizle97
08-11-2003, 11:03 AM
this was my older bros setup, eclips shocker without 9volt mod so shocker battery. horizantle maxflow, kapp DZ 3 AKA the huge one, a 119 ci armagedon(the steel one), Warp feed, and a halo b, that thing was frigging heavy. i think aroun 17-18 pounds.

Koosh
08-11-2003, 11:19 AM
Just weighed my gun...

Classic Valve, LX, Stainless HR body, Warp feed, 20 oz co2 tank (probably 1/2 - 3/4 full), Palmer Stabilizer, 14" Stainless back All American, SP Gadget grip, and the Pump kit on it, then a VL2000 Loaded with paintballs came out to be about 11 pounds. No wonder my arms were getting tired at scenario games.

Not bad, I'll have to see what else I can add to increase the weight ;)

Torbo
08-11-2003, 01:31 PM
i used to shoot a tippmann pro/carbine. Then i came to accuire some other stuff for it. I had: the carbine, a drop foreward, a stainless barrel, a revvy, a 68/3000 steel nitro tank. and it was heavy.

PaintballSmurf13
08-11-2003, 01:51 PM
I DO NOT own this kind of gun..just started thinking of what the heaviest tourny gun could be:
Old Style Emag (All Steel, No ULE)
Warp Feed
HaloB
14" Dye SS Barrel
Sight
DZ w/ dovetail + Dovetail AIR adapter
Palmers Sideline Reg
Angel AIR w/ custom installed 114ci tank
and if you wanted crazy heavy, a tank cover which could hold two pods like the one from APP or BlackStar Paintball

...just a thought
-Ryan F.

thereal_JT
08-11-2003, 02:09 PM
rp's grinder is the heaviest at about 40 lbs just the gun no hoppers or air.

JT

Spaceman613
08-11-2003, 02:29 PM
Nasty typhoon, twin vl3000's, and a 24 ounce co2 tank

Remember this is all brass. At least this is the heaviest I have used, I know RP has heavier (much)

http://www.spaceman613.net/paintball/kira/Dcp_0432.jpg