PDA

View Full Version : Something I don't "get" about warps....

Tyger
08-11-2003, 12:55 PM
Why is it...

I put a warp on my Stroker (It WAS on the Phantom, but the Stroker likes it more...). The first time I played with it I took a few hits. And at least 1/3 of them were on...

...wait for it...

...the hopper.

I don't get it. I took the hopper off the top, and I still get shot in the gun a lot?

But it IS fun. :) Nothing like being able to lay on your back and still shoot 10 times before the gun won't feed. And crawling and not catching the hopper on the scrub when your'e crawling through the thick stuff... :)

-Tyger

Dayspring
08-11-2003, 12:57 PM
Are you using the warp right? You'd be surprised. People sit there and say that you can't go out the left side (if you're right handed) b/c the warp will stick out. They don't understand that idea of "Playing warp style" and tilting the gun 90 degrees.

Hopper hits go away and you'll end up with more shoulder ones.

Tyger
08-11-2003, 01:07 PM
Well I already shoot at almost a permanent 45 angle out of old reflex anyway. No, I'm getting hit in the warp and hopper, from my right. :) It's weird. Did I just never notice it before?

That being siad, it's nice to have the 'top' of a bunker to shoot form again, but it's WEIRD to get hopper hits on a warp.

-Tyger

Thordic
08-11-2003, 01:27 PM
Hits in the warp/hopper are hits you would have taken before on the chest/shoulder/neck.

Play tighter :)

speedyejl
08-11-2003, 02:13 PM
Try digging into the bunker with your barrel (assuming your playing air)

Muzikman
08-11-2003, 02:52 PM
What was the Stoker based on? If it was a SB, I have to see pics! That being said, yes, play alittle tighter:)

personman
08-11-2003, 04:42 PM
Dude I got more hopper hits with the warp than with a regular setup, and it was a classic mag so It diddnt really need more than a rev to feed it, so I just took it off and sold it :confused:

I've been wanting to try one with my new y mag though :)

darklord
08-11-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
Play tighter :) what he said.

Fred
08-11-2003, 06:03 PM
I seem to get gogged a lot more...

still working on playing tighter too...

---Fred

Lohman446
08-11-2003, 06:57 PM
When I switched from powerfeed hopper right (yeh, backwards and Im right handed) to center feed the first four hits I took where to the hopper... man was a ticked. LOL - its just getting used to a new set up

Warped
08-11-2003, 07:14 PM
just get used to it, it takes a while. now i play tighter then every before. :)
-sebastian