PDA

View Full Version : If smart parts is a bunch of nazis, the shocker owners are the gestapo.

beefstew
08-11-2003, 03:12 PM
Shockerowners.com.
Its really really sad.
My post was editied after i quoted Doc nickel and other reputable sources (and then cited those sources) in discussion about the Lawsuits. He threatened to temp ban me for posting about it at all. He then proceeded to block me on one screen name and ignore me on the other. the mods tag is dasbalddog, and he has been hot headed in the past. Part of what i posted:

This is what i had posted before he edited it "Smart parts's licencing agreement that they tried to get people was an absolute joke. Yes they have filed a lawsuit against ICD mainly because they see ICD as the weakest of all the companies right now because Jerry Dobbins has had some kind of major back surgery and his daughter is running the shop. Apparently hes still recovering but is only capable sitting up in bed for about 15 minutes a day. From what I've heard they have counter filed.

This would be a lot different if it was a clear case of patent infringement but its not they are just trying to stop everyone else from making an electronic paintball gun because they are quickly losing their market share to better products, and their Impulse is not going to save them if thats what they were hoping. I nearly fell out of my chair laughing when I took one of them apart
"-Doc Nickel

Where i posted, then posted again (second post was edited, its on the next page) (http://www.shockerowners.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=992&perpage=15&pagenumber=1)

Post by dye_phreak: News: Anyone with a swastika or anyone trying to push anti-SP sentiment here will be temporarily banned and be put on my s**t list, you dont want any of these 2 things happening!

First AIM convo:
Snowboarder Phl (3:46:59 PM): hey

DasBaldDog (3:47:05 PM): Hello

Snowboarder Phl (3:47:08 PM): just wondering why you edited my post on SO

DasBaldDog (3:47:56 PM): Because you posted negative information regarding a currently ficticious lawsuit when I have specificly mention that any posts like that well get edited.

Snowboarder Phl (3:48:23 PM): what are you talking about

Snowboarder Phl (3:48:30 PM): you are denying that sp is suing ICD?

DasBaldDog (3:48:42 PM): Not at all...

Snowboarder Phl (3:49:00 PM): you just said the lawsuit was ficticious

DasBaldDog (3:49:02 PM): I'm regarding the rest of the rumor in which you mentioned quite prominently

Snowboarder Phl (3:49:10 PM): and what was that?

DasBaldDog (3:49:31 PM): I'm not getting into this with you. I'm way to busy to piss away effort explaining this to you.

Snowboarder Phl (3:50:04 PM): well i would like you to explain it, and point out where you posted about threads having TRUE negative information about smartparts being edited

DasBaldDog (3:51:05 PM): Too bad. And like I mentioned before, no information regarding all of that, especially that which has not been proven (alot of what you posted, besdies the existance of the suit itself was hearsay) is against forum policies. If you don't like it, feel free to leave.
“DasBaldDog” signed off at 3:51:33 PM.

Second AIM convo (new screen name) after he blocked me:

Run De Rabbit (3:52:25 PM): where were these so called policies posted?

Run De Rabbit (3:52:47 PM): and blocking me is not going to make the situation rectify itself

Run De Rabbit (3:54:33 PM): ignoring me wont do much either

Run De Rabbit (3:57:14 PM): and your attitude as a moderator is disgusting

I dont know why i expected anyone over there to be nice and intelligent, but some of the people understand the magnitude of the situation. They bash AGD all the time, especially Das, and I ignore it because i know that they are just uneducated in the ways of the mag. When i post something TRUE about SP, they censor it of course.
Just thought i would let some less censoring group of educated paintball players know about this owners group.
-Phil

clanger
08-11-2003, 03:22 PM
You frown on their intelligence yet you compare smart parts to nazi's and call their owners group the gastapo. Makes sense why he wouldn't want to discuss anything with you.

beefstew
08-11-2003, 03:25 PM
If you read the post and the convos, i was being EXTREMELY nice and kept my posts and ideas based on facts. Come up with a better title for the thread and i will change it.

dinger
08-11-2003, 03:34 PM
wow, thats gay.

but i mean this whole issue... heres something to interquest upon...

sp is suing icd for trying to take sp's patent of the first electro-pneumatic gun. or thats at least what i have uncovered from all this.
so, why would icd try to take sp's patent?? thats just stupid, and if icd didn't know they were doing that, then why should sp make such a fuss about it?

if that is the case, then quit flaming on sp for trying to protect their patents. patents make money people, so id protect my stuff too. if anything, people should be boycotting icd for not being fully aware of what they were doing.

I HAVE SHAME ON ICD, NOT SMART PARTS!! i still like icd better ^^

P.S. - i get a big kick out of those Smart Parts-swastikas lol

beefstew
08-11-2003, 03:50 PM
someone correct me if i am wrong, but the patents they are filing under (SP) are newly revised ones, that should be void, but are not due to a mistake the the registrar?
thats what i thought.
Phil

Gumby
08-11-2003, 03:55 PM
Why is this place to Anti-SP? I just want to know, I'm not defending them...

GT
08-11-2003, 03:56 PM
Beef,

grow the up! Dont sign up on someones message board to start crap. That is excatly what you did. It was completly wrong.

I had this same thing happen on a board that I moderate. We banned the members that came over to start crap and members that went to thier boards to start crap.

If you have nothing else better to do I can certianly find something for you.