PDA

View Full Version : barrel system hunting

TheJester
08-11-2003, 04:45 PM
i know there's a thread all ready on this, this is a little different though. i have a tourney in 2 weeks and i have about 80 to spend at the moment. these are the options i'm considering.

1) buy a mag-cocker adaptor from doc, and borrow a freak

2) buy a freak back, borrow the insert/tip

3) buy a J&J edge kit

this would also prolly end up being a long term comitment, so with buying just the freak back, it would end up being very expensive to buy a complete kit in the long run, and well, smart parts is evil. and the thing w/ the adaptor is in the long run it will help pay itself off because i would have more barrel options, cocker barrels are cheaper and more plentiful. also with the adaptor, more barrel systems will be available to me. input?

SKIRAT
08-11-2003, 04:58 PM
get the edge its a good buy for you

chris007
08-11-2003, 05:53 PM
pipe system:)

Derman2k
08-11-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by chris007
pipe system:)

That wasn't one of his options...

TheJester
08-11-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Derman2k

That wasn't one of his options...

that's correct. though open to suggestions, i would kind of like to stay with opinions of my given choices, like i said in my 1st post, i have about 80 dollars, i can't afford the pipe, the listed options are the afordable options unless you can think of some i've forgetten. there's no way i can afford a pipe in 2 weeks when i only have 80 bucks, the above i can afford within the next 2 weeks.

Woogie12
08-11-2003, 07:46 PM
Buy .688 and .691 bore cp one pieces.

jayel579
08-11-2003, 08:46 PM
i would say wait until you got the cash to get a ULE body then buy the scepter kit, i love mine and a few guys have it here. but i see you have a very pretty gun all chromed out, so you may not want a ULE body. the mag-cocker adapter i have seen and works nice. but the edge kit is prob the best way to go, or maybe just buy 2 different size one peice barrels.

Bulldog
08-11-2003, 08:58 PM
I'm almost to the point where I don't even recomend a multi bore system anymore. Maybe just pick up a few used barrels in the 686,689, and 692 sizes.

I had issues with my Freak and Pipe. I hear some of the Scepters have miss-aligned inserts too. Maybe I just have bad luck, and always get the 1% that are out of tolerance, or maybe I'm just too picky. :confused:

08-11-2003, 09:00 PM
You are probably going to end up with a ULE body eventually. So you probably would be better off with the adapter. How come you need a barrel kit for this tourny? You could just use the barrel you have and wait till you have more money.

TheJester
08-11-2003, 09:26 PM
ok, guys respectfully, stay with in my boundries here please. reason why i'm saying system is i just joined the team, so i'll be doing several tournies now, and for the tourney players, systems can be nice to have w/ different paint sizes at different tournies. being a highschool student, i don't have the money to buy several barrels. being that the tourney is so close, ULE body is out, i don't even want 1 to begin w/, i like my stainless body thank you. i'm looking for a cheap way to get it in time for this tourney, but can also easily turn into a long term solution. the reason why i don't want to use my current barrel is because the balls will roll right out of my all american, so i would like a better paintmatch. hence the borrowing of freak systems, along w/ the poor highschool student issue.

Bulldog
08-12-2003, 12:09 AM
I'm confused, can't you get used barrels for around 40 bux? Sounds like you may only need two, as your All American sounds like a large bore. Seems like it'd fit into your price range, but two weeks may not be enough time to find them, make the deal and get them shipped to you.

I guess I would recomend the adapter, then you can see if you like the Freak for yourself, and make your own judgement. Then go from there.

xXHavokXx
08-12-2003, 12:11 AM
Look into Equation Designs Barrel Systems, affordable and very well made.

jewie27
12-20-2003, 05:44 AM
The J&J Edge Barrel kit is the best valued high quality system on the market.
$114 on paintballdiscounters.com

personman
12-20-2003, 09:12 AM
Dude, wait until you get a ULE body to get the Edge. Its no fun trying to trade a mag kit for a cocker kit, especially with all the ULE/Chord/Sluggo/Xmag bodies out there right now. EVERYONE is using cocker threads.
Dont get the adapter if you plan on switching to the ULE body. Just save up $250 and buy both the kit and the Body.
Freaks suck though, dont get one.

rpm07
12-20-2003, 09:49 AM
buy a mag-cocker adaptor from doc. If in the future you buy a ule body you can always sell Doc's part. As for a Freak dont get 1. I had 1 and did not think it was that great. If you dont have the money get the edge kit if you can save up go for the scepter I have 1 and love mine I think it is the best kit out.

MicroMiniMe
12-20-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by xXHavokXx
Look into Equation Designs Barrel Systems, affordable and very well made.
Equation multiple switch or Bizerk. Good price range and you can get your choice of lenghts and tip. Only knock on em is they're a bit loud.