PDA

View Full Version : You may have heard but here's the pic

MarkM
08-11-2003, 05:55 PM
As above, if you haven't heard there was a little altercation at the end of the Ton Ton v Naughty Dogs game...basically the accusation of a hopper/marker hit and to prove the point Ton Tons went a little over the top in their efforts to convice the judges....don't you just love photographers being in the right place.

http://www.forceofnature.com/gallery/album47/ton_ton_tackle.jpg

Oh BTW I'm not on a french hating trip its all a coincidence they have featured in just two good conversation piece pictures.

magman007
08-11-2003, 05:58 PM
where is his face mask?

PsychoBaller
08-11-2003, 06:03 PM
Up his azz*...... along with his pride for getting beat.... heheheh....

SG Avenger
08-11-2003, 06:11 PM
looks like the bottom section was removed, the lenses look in place. might have been ripped off/shot off. [guessing]

pputkowski
08-11-2003, 06:29 PM
mask pieces

Jack & Coke
08-11-2003, 07:20 PM
Sign 'em up!

Let's get it on!

http://www.onzuka.com/Logos/UFC%20Logo1.jpg http://www.bjjcenter.com/UFC.jpg

snoogans
08-11-2003, 07:23 PM
i never really did like the ton tons....go naughty dawgs!

elpimpo
08-11-2003, 08:21 PM
so hes trying to steal his gun to prove that he hit him in it. im confused

luke
08-11-2003, 08:41 PM
Yahoo! The UFC rocks!!!! :D

Nick O time
08-11-2003, 08:48 PM
I like the Ton Ton's man I think they are a good team, but thats just my opinion. I want to see if anyone got it on tape too:D .

snoogans
08-11-2003, 09:02 PM
elpimpo- The big guy claims that he shot the dude in the hopper and the refs didn't take him out so the big guy decided he HAD to show the refs that he was right so he grabbed the dude's gun to show to the ref. :D

Troy
08-11-2003, 09:18 PM
Is Ton Ton French for cry baby?;)

snoogans
08-11-2003, 09:20 PM
cry baby...french- How come i always see these 3 words together??:)

dinger
08-11-2003, 11:00 PM
such volitile and barbaric behavior shouldn't be tolerated. if anything, i think that pointing and waving your arms a whole lot would work :o

SIGSays
08-11-2003, 11:04 PM
i wonder what sponsors think

Octavian
08-11-2003, 11:34 PM
for those who weere there in person, it should be noted that the Ton Tons took out three dogs real quick; however, one of the tons was still shootin after he was out and the dogs didnt bite...even if that dog was hit, the dog on the way right of the feild took out the last ton. it made no difference....the tons came for a fight and they got one

elpimpo
08-11-2003, 11:35 PM
i dont think thats as bad as when lasoya got into it with rod at the msts masters of the mountain last year. lasoya dumped like a hopper on rods mask ithen rod tried to tackle him and tripped over himself it was the funniest thing ive ever seen

Jack & Coke
08-11-2003, 11:57 PM
IMHO, if you make hostile physical contact with a ref or opponent, you should be banned from the tournament - including next years.

chizle97
08-12-2003, 12:25 AM
ya know i have got absolutley nothing against the french, i even like them (uh oh am i not a patriot now?) but he should be banned from at least one turny. at least he didnt 12x tap him in the head and knock him unconcious.

xXHavokXx
08-12-2003, 12:39 AM
Someone said that after the altercation the Ton's took off very very quickly....must have thought the zhe germans were comin

kosmo
08-12-2003, 03:31 AM
Not pictured is the ensuing unconditional surrender of all ton tons and many of their family members/townsfolk to anyone who would accept it.

Cheese loving surrender monkeys:p

jdev
08-12-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke
IMHO, if you make hostile physical contact with a ref or opponent, you should be banned from the tournament - including next years.

I agree.

you have to look at alot of the younger or newer people to the sport that are watching the pro players.

when they do this and get away with it, its just making it look as an acceptable thing to do, and its not, its just downright poor sportsmanship.

Albinonewt
08-12-2003, 07:37 AM
Frankly, if a French guy gets physically hostile we should give him some kind of award. Since they are apparently allergic to any kind of violence.

Good for you Frenchy!

Quickling
08-12-2003, 08:40 AM
I too believe that the level of cheating/aggression has increased. I used to play very much from 97 to 99 when I went to college and did not play again until this year. Back then there was pro cheating and there is today... fine.

But now there is WAY more exposure to the pros (more magazines with better photos), webcasts of events, etc.

There agression level and level of cheating (pick any one of the hundreds of wiping videos out there) I see reflected in the lowest levels of play.

Heres some examples: Like we were playing a local ref team, we shot one kid three times off the break, once in the hopper (he might not have seen), once in the shoulder (maybe could have not seen but would have felt), and once in the face.. really should have seen.

We then assumed since we all could see three huge hits that he was gonna leave, and then we proceeded to shoot at other people. Then the hit guy got to a bunker and started laying paint. We lost and after the game we were very pissed he had stayed in. Upon *****ing about it we were told by the others that what he did was right. Unless a ref pulled him from the game he should stay in and continue fighting until a ref spotted his hits.

Thats what the pros do to. They stay in.. they do it to win and the sponsors encourage this dishonesty by continuing to give $$ to those that cheat.

There is no more honesty in this game... I am beginning to loss heart in it, even in rec ball I get someone blatently wipping at least once a day. Why should I pay to play when my breaks dont even count.

And for all those that are going to say "Quit your whinning"... you will be ignored. Attitudes like that are what is got the sport the way it is today.

-=Squid=-
08-12-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by elpimpo
you guys are freakin wusses. ud get owened in a tourney because ud come around on the dude and ask him to surender. these dudes are pro ballers there used to it. hell ive seen rookies bunker people with 10 balls. suck it up or go play rec

What are you TALKING about?!? :confused: NOBODY said anything about being shot, or being bunkered...the ENTIRE conversation is about how stupid this guy is acting. He is trying to rip the gun from the others hand, look at it! Christ! But hey, I forgot, your the ONLY "hardcore ballaz" on here! I guess im not, because I dont make an *** of myself when I feel an unjust call has been made.

jdev
08-12-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Quickling

Upon *****ing about it we were told by the others that what he did was right. Unless a ref pulled him from the game he should stay in and continue fighting until a ref spotted his hits.

which brings up a good point.

I attended my frist tourney this weekend. photograpphed, not played, but was on the field and had a good view of everything going on.

one game, I happened to be off to the side of the field, and remington was standing right next to me.

I watched a ref do a paint check without the player calling for one, and he got called. he was hit in the chest.

my question as i directed it to john, was it normal for people to continue playing after they have been hit?

is it not the players responsibility to keep track and check if they have been hit? I would think it would be..

and seeing how at the end of the match, the refs check you for paint anyways to determine your points total.

i think something like that is totally wrong, and should not entirely be up to the refs. the player is supposed to be mindful of all that is going on around him, and that should include his hits as well.

LongDuckDong
08-12-2003, 10:18 AM
Thats a good pic, lol

elpimpo
08-12-2003, 11:44 AM
woops im retarded i was posting on the one were the ton ton got bunkered and i thought this was it at the time i guess so im going to delete that last post

-=Squid=-
08-12-2003, 12:17 PM
lol, ok then. I have retracted previous statements.

SlartyBartFast
08-12-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by joey d

I watched a ref do a paint check without the player calling for one, and he got called. he was hit in the chest.

my question as i directed it to john, was it normal for people to continue playing after they have been hit?

is it not the players responsibility to keep track and check if they have been hit? I would think it would be..

and seeing how at the end of the match, the refs check you for paint anyways to determine your points total.

i think something like that is totally wrong, and should not entirely be up to the refs. the player is supposed to be mindful of all that is going on around him, and that should include his hits as well.

The problem is that the punishment of playing on is rarely enforced or it isn't big enough. The player that got caught by the ref with a hit should have been called out AND a team mate should be pulled because of playing on.

Catch someone with paint on them after a game is over should forfeit the game and be detrimental to any prize possibility. After all, with playing on they may have completely altered the course of the game.

Tournament refs just don't have the guts, the training, or the experience to enforce the rules agressively enough. Personally, I'd love to ref pro games. I'd even pay to learn the required skills. The error, is that the refs are often responsible for their own expenses and their "pay", if it exists, is a pittance.

speedyejl
08-12-2003, 04:42 PM
I was there and actually viewed that game live, the atmosphere is tottaly different than what is being portrayed here.

This was the last game of the quaters, the winner advancing to the semis, loser going home. Losing out on their chance for 20,000. For both the Ton Tons and Dogs its a big loss, the Ton Tons sort of have more to lose they are a more established team, unlike the Dogs which just stepped up this year. The last Ton Ton player shot the guy who was coming down to bunker him, but it didnt get counted. Relistically the guy was still screwed since it was 4dogs or something vs 1. If you look at the Ton Tons vs Dynasty in event #1, 1 person can still win a game. Anyhow Ricker or what ever the announcers name is really hyped on the fight.

The Ton Tons did bonus ball pretty bad twice that game, and they basically got booed off the feild.

-now that was a ramble

(some pics I took that game)

http://www.elairsmiths.com/NPPLNJ/naughtydogs1.jpg
http://www.elairsmiths.com/NPPLNJ/naughtydogs2.jpg
http://www.elairsmiths.com/NPPLNJ/naughtydogs3.jpg
http://www.elairsmiths.com/NPPLNJ/tontons1.jpg
http://www.elairsmiths.com/NPPLNJ/tontons2.jpg

Prodavl
08-12-2003, 05:00 PM
If you got shot on a speed ball field you you for sure feel the hit dont get me wrong but when are 10 feet away from a guy over the next bunker you dont look down to check your self for a hit, bounce what ever cuz you lose track of the next guy thats gonna rape you :o further more, there are some cheaters and some people that arent even aware of it

Johnny_Reb
08-12-2003, 09:32 PM
Thats not really all that unusual, arguments like that happen all the time at big tourneys. And considering that 20,000 dollars was on the line its to be expected that their will be some crap coming from players. I dont encourage this sort of thing, but I mean how would you feel if you couldve lost 20,000 and big media coverage because of a blown call?