PDA

View Full Version : After Action Report: NPPL New Jersey (lots of pics!)

Scooter/Cootie
08-11-2003, 10:31 PM
Hey all - We made it back in one piece and we had a blast!

First of all, we'd like to thank everyone here on AO for supporting us. You've all been wonderful! It's been fun reading the posts in the thread that Skirts started and getting the chance to meet and greet a few AO'ers at the event. Danz - That banner looked sweet! Hope you enjoy the warps!

Now for the nitty gritty. ;) We played 8 games spreadout over two days. After the dust settled, we ended up winning 4, losing 4, had two perfect 100 point maxes, found ourselves in 18th place out of 40 teams, and missed the cut for the semi's by 19 points. There were a lot of positives at the event but there were also a few negatives.

Here's a list of the 8 teams that we played.

Driven - N
Avalanche - P
Shockwave L.A. - N
Rapid Fire - N
ACI Factory - N
Murder Inc. Silver - R
Untouchables - R
Eclipse Blue - N

A few of the highlights that I can remember:

In our first game against Driven on the Chronic field, it came down to a 4 v 2 with Timmy and me the only ones left. We crossed it up in the back field and waited for 'em to come to us. Sure 'nuf, they came a running. Timmy did an awesome snap shot and managed to take out 2 of their players who were trying to bunker me. I wrapped around my bunker and shot out another who was trying to keep our heads down. That made it now a 2 v 1. I ran the right tape while Timmy pinned the remaining Driven player down in the ladder. I managed to get behind him and before he knew it, he was walking back to the dead box and I was running to the starting station with the flag in hand. What a way to start the event. :D

Another one was in our 2nd game on the Chronic field against ACI Factory. For one reason or another, maybe it was the lack of sleep (who knows?), the vast majority of us were shot out in quick order, leaving Bea all along vs 6 of the ACI players. Then the amazing started to happen, Bea began to whittle away on the remaining players. First she shot one, then another, and another, and another, until the crowd was going nuts! Hearing the crowd roar after she shot out another player, she believed that they were all eliminated and began to walk out of her bunker. But low and behold, one last ACI player was waiting for her and sent her back to join us in the dead box. We didnt win that game but it was definately a lot of fun to watch (even if I had to do it from the dead box).

I'd like to thank Bea and Clare for coming out to play with us. We had a blast and hopefully we'll be able to hook up again at another event in the near future.

Below are a bunch of pics from the event that my wife took. Enjoy!

Thanks again for all your support everyone. Remember...We're doing this for you!

Scooter/Cootie
08-11-2003, 10:32 PM
Emo

Scooter/Cootie
08-11-2003, 10:33 PM
Clare & Bea

Scooter/Cootie
08-11-2003, 10:33 PM
Clare

Scooter/Cootie
08-11-2003, 10:34 PM
Timmy

Scooter/Cootie
08-11-2003, 10:35 PM
Pride on the break. Yea, I got to play in the front! :p

Scooter/Cootie
08-11-2003, 10:35 PM
Timmy & Emo

Scooter/Cootie
08-11-2003, 10:36 PM
Another of Clare

Scooter/Cootie
08-11-2003, 10:36 PM
One of Bea, Emo, Clare, and Todd

Scooter/Cootie
08-11-2003, 10:38 PM
Allen

Scooter/Cootie
08-11-2003, 10:39 PM
Another of me. Yep, I played in the back too. :cool:

Scooter/Cootie
08-11-2003, 10:39 PM
Me in the snake

Scooter/Cootie
08-11-2003, 10:40 PM
Another of me crawling. Weird feeling. :p

Scooter/Cootie
08-11-2003, 10:41 PM
Me and Emo

Scooter/Cootie
08-11-2003, 10:42 PM
X-Mags!

Scooter/Cootie
08-11-2003, 10:42 PM
Here's a pic of Timmy and me working on some plays.

Scooter/Cootie
08-11-2003, 10:43 PM
Here's another of Emo, Allen, and me working on some plays as well.

Scooter/Cootie
08-11-2003, 10:44 PM
The winner of the banner contest!

Scooter/Cootie
08-11-2003, 10:45 PM
Group pic!

ICOM
08-11-2003, 10:47 PM
Nice pics, Woot Ogre and the rest of squad nice poster.

Surreal
08-11-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Scooter/Cootie
Me in the snake

damn, you KNOW you wouldn't be doing that if you didn't have a warp :) good stuff man. i wish i could play snakes like that, i have pretty bad balance and i'm not all that flexible, but i get the job done :)

Demon
08-11-2003, 11:17 PM
On behalf of the Stud Squad (even though I couldn't make it), thanx. Danz is the one who designed the banner.

For more pics of Stud Squad at NPPL NJ (as well as AO Day NJ), check out our gallery on www.studsquad.net

Scooter/Cootie - Hope it's all right, I wanna use your pic of us on out site. Lemme know. Thanx.

wobbles82
08-11-2003, 11:40 PM
GOOD JOB PRIDE! I was watching you guys as much as I could between my games, and all I can say is yous played very well. Scoot I saw you get into the snake on the Raven field once and get blind shot, I heard some cussing I believe? Lol. I Also realy enjoyed watching the Chronic field games, very amazing play. Well that its for me, just remember me as the annoying kid named Matt with the RT, maybe Bea does, who knows? Heh. :D

ZAust
08-12-2003, 01:23 AM
whoa whoa whoa, bea wasnt shooting an xmag? you should have kicked her off!!! :p

Mango
08-12-2003, 07:50 AM
Great job guys!! I'm sorry I couldn't stay to watch your games.

Bea: it was nice meeting you for the short time I did! :)

Stud Squad: That banner rocks! :)

Bolter
08-12-2003, 07:59 AM
Well done guys!!! You look like you rocked!!! It also makes me so....*sniff*....proud to ....*sniff*... see all those X-mags......

chuff chuffy!!

gibby
08-12-2003, 11:21 AM
Way to represent Pride!! Thanks again! :)

Danz
08-12-2003, 02:48 PM
Stud Squad: That banner rocks! :) [/B]

Thanks Mango!

The only problem was that the banner was not water proof. With all the rain, we were half expecting the graphics to drip off.

Danz

raehl
08-12-2003, 02:56 PM
I gotta say it's great to see women integrated into a team. Sport definitely needs more of that.

- Chris

InexactMelissa
08-12-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by raehl
I gotta say it's great to see women integrated into a team. Sport definitely needs more of that.

- Chris

It certainly inspired me....Danz has been after me to give it a try forever, and since Saturday, I'm ready to do it. If they're not careful, the Studs will end up with a girl.

-- Melissa

Danz
08-12-2003, 05:36 PM
It certainly inspired me....Danz has been after me to give it a try forever, and since Saturday, I'm ready to do it. If they're not careful, the Studs will end up with a girl.

-- Melissa

A female Stud?! :confused: How can this be!
I would absolutely Love it!! But Perfect Tommy may be upset at the fact that he would no longer be the pretty one on the team.

Danz.

Clare
08-12-2003, 05:45 PM
here's a pic of Scott's beauty marks from the nppl site :p

http://www.nppl.tv/images/nj/sat2/Images/sat2-ouch.jpg

InexactMelissa
08-12-2003, 06:34 PM
Ouch. But aren't extra nipples supposed to be lucky? Isn't that in a James Bond movie?

Oddball
08-12-2003, 08:23 PM
We had a blast at the tourny. Wished we would have made the cut. 3 out of our 4 loses could have easily been won, things were just not going our way that weekend. A good learning weekend, our first NPPL event, and only our 4th 7 man ever. Hopefully we can make one of the events in Orlando (either Super 7 or PSP 10 man) and place better there.

I would like to thank Bea for playing with us, she did a great job. I look forward to playing on the same team as her again. Splashie, Splashie. Also thanks to Mike from the bushwackers in helping us walk the fields and National Paintball for paint.

drboo
08-13-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa
here's a pic of Scott's beauty marks from the nppl site :p

http://www.nppl.tv/images/nj/sat2/Images/sat2-ouch.jpg

Scooter....from the way your neck looks, It would appear you live somewhere in Wisconsin...

Bolter
08-13-2003, 09:39 AM
you've been left with a stump on your left arm also!! AAaarraAaArarrrrrghh!!!

Or something.

:D