PDA

View Full Version : wow, weird. Pics of the 2003 shocker internals

Automaggin2
08-11-2003, 11:21 PM
Got this from pbreview

darklord
08-11-2003, 11:53 PM
The bolt looks so damn much like a matrix...

No sKiLLz
08-11-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by darklord
The bolt looks so damn much like a matrix...
LAWSUIT!!!!:D

chizle97
08-12-2003, 12:20 AM
Take that Smart Parts

Ov3rmind
08-12-2003, 12:22 AM
Yet another copied design.

Bravo, Smart Parts, Bravo.

xXHavokXx
08-12-2003, 12:35 AM
if you use it youll get done like that ton ton did.

Mega Man
08-12-2003, 02:08 AM
hey now, why so much hating? give smart parts some love:D . lol just cause that silly little lawsuit doesnt mean they dont got some cool products. big step from the ol shocker, I likes.

Ov3rmind
08-12-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by xXHavokXx
if you use it youll get done like that ton ton did.
Hahaha........ yeah. Good to see a fellow AFI devotee.

Mossman
08-12-2003, 07:33 AM
Wow, it's a matrix with a repositioned solenoid and battery. Now if the "Mini-matrix" ever comes out I bet 10 bucks SP sues them for it.

thei3ug
08-12-2003, 09:09 AM
hey, let's not get too hasty.

the matrix wasn't unique in its valve design either, you know...

WARPED1
08-12-2003, 10:58 AM
It's similar to the Matrix, but only brainwashed idiots would compare it. It operates on a similar spool valve design, and thats about the only difference. Try reading a reliable source next time. Most people on PBR are utter morons and don't know crap about the game of paintball.

darklord
08-12-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by WARPED1
It's similar to the Matrix, but only brainwashed idiots would compare it. It operates on a similar spool valve design, and thats about the only difference. Try reading a reliable source next time. Most people on PBR are utter morons and don't know crap about the game of paintball. "brainwashed idiots"??? Where the hell do you get off, pal? I used to own a matrix, so I would be in my right place to say the bolt design looked similar. That doesn't mean they ARE the same...

I like the looks of it, I must say, but I'm sure there will be plenty of competitive markers soon to be released in the next few years...

xXHavokXx
08-12-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind

Hahaha........ yeah. Good to see a fellow AFI devotee.

Hell yeah! They like like 30 minutes from me.

Blazingace
08-12-2003, 01:46 PM
So Warped1. Does Smart Parts pay you to come to other forums and flame the members, or do you get a perverse feeling doing it? I have seen you say more than a few disrespectful things to other members on this board. Yes it does look like the Matrix's spool valve. Does it do everything like the matrix? No, so what. why don't you grow up and contribute to the discussion instead of being a prick about it? You didn't really try to explain how it is different from the matrix, so we are entitled to our opinions.

Joel D'Attilio

P.S. My name just so you don't think that I am being anonomyous about it.

MattG
08-12-2003, 03:16 PM
Wow matrix bolt mag body!

Mutilus
08-12-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
It's similar to the Matrix, but only brainwashed idiots would compare it. It operates on a similar spool valve design, and thats about the only difference. Try reading a reliable source next time. Most people on PBR are utter morons and don't know crap about the game of paintball.

Spool valves are used in many pneumatic devices. Hell the gun I my old comapny "Section 8" used to sell, The Darkstar, was a spool valve as was it's predecessor The Nova. So no big news using spools. I bet you will see more companies going to the spool. It is more efficient and uses less psi to operate. Of course my gun was cursed because it looked too much like a Nova. Oh well live and learn.

WARPED1
08-12-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Blazingace
So Warped1. Does Smart Parts pay you to come to other forums and flame the members, or do you get a perverse feeling doing it? I have seen you say more than a few disrespectful things to other members on this board. Yes it does look like the Matrix's spool valve. Does it do everything like the matrix? No, so what. why don't you grow up and contribute to the discussion instead of being a prick about it? You didn't really try to explain how it is different from the matrix, so we are entitled to our opinions.

Joel D'Attilio

P.S. My name just so you don't think that I am being anonomyous about it. No. I was a meber here looooooooong before this SP bull****.
In my 2 or 3 years here, I've noticed most(not all) of the members here will do anything AGD says, without asking questions. And will buy the products no questions asked, until they find it doesn't work. It does get fixed, AGD is good at that.
And this untermag crap, was just stupid beyond belief. Even if TK meant it as a joke, lots of you blindly followed it.

Blazingace
08-12-2003, 06:07 PM
Yeah you are right about the Cult thing. I agree with you there. But you are alittle harsh on some of the members that state their opinion. That is all that I am saying. I love AGD produces because they work very well for me. I also adore my Impulse. I don't like what SP is doing, but I really like my guns.

Meph
08-12-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Blazingace
Does Smart Parts pay you to come to other forums and flame the members, ....

Kind of a funny double standard. As soon as anybody says something remotely close to a defending Smart Parts opinion, they're instantly bashed themselves and accused of being paid off by SP to stick up for them.

Yet you never see people questioning all the SP haters as being paid off by ICD now do you?

pito189
08-12-2003, 11:41 PM
How does air get to the Shocker valve? I have never seen one hooked up to a tank.:confused:

DiRTyBuNNy
08-12-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Meph

Kind of a funny double standard. As soon as anybody says something remotely close to a defending Smart Parts opinion, they're instantly bashed themselves and accused of being paid off by SP to stick up for them.

Yet you never see people questioning all the SP haters as being paid off by ICD now do you?

Well, I was actually offended by what he said earlier, is that enough for you?

Meph
08-13-2003, 12:16 AM
If you ever actually get offended by what anybody ever says over the internet. Then I'm sorry for ya.

Everybody gets offended today about everything. Nobody sucks it up anymore and just deals with it. We need more people with backbones today, whole nation is getting pussified beyond repair.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-13-2003, 12:40 AM
If you ever actually get offended by what anybody ever says over the internet. Then I'm sorry for ya.

Everybody gets offended today about everything. Nobody sucks it up anymore and just deals with it. We need more people with backbones today, whole nation is getting pussified beyond repair.

Well, considering the ignorance in that statement, I'll just take that as a compliment coming from you.

BlackVCG
08-13-2003, 02:37 AM
If anyone is adamant about telling people to grow up and "get over it", that would be me. I'm so sick and tired of reactionary people that are driven off of subconscious stimulations.

However, telling people to get over things because it's on the "internet" is a bit naive. Since when did the internet become a frivolous form of communication? I don't see much difference between online forums and physically gathering a group of strangers together to have a conversation about a certain topic. The only real differences I see is that you get an extremely diverse community on the internet and some people are more likely to say things that they wouldn't say in person. But to act as though things said on an internet message board are insignificant is a bit foolish, in my opinion.

I'm going to demonstrate my "blind faith" by saying that I hate X-Mags. Yes, that's what I just said. Simply because it has that damn ACE. I will forever use a regular ULE-Mag. As for other guns, Cockers are cool and I loved playing with the GenX-2 Cocker I used one day and if I had the money to spend, I'd probably buy a WDP gun.

It's hard for me to look at this site and think of it as a Mag cult, especially when lately there have been more "AGD needs to get their act together" threads than "AGD Rocks!". I will admit, the untermag revolution is stupid and a pretty poor idea, especially when AGD is trying to market to NEW customers and a lot of those people are pushed away from AGD thinking that the people that use AGD stuff are in an "AGD Cult". Sure, the whole thing might not actually be a cult, but the concept is there and "Little Johnny" isn't bright enough to see the actual intent so he takes it as being another AGD Cult thing.

Back on topic, that Shocker seems like a pretty simple design. I'm assuming it still uses a dump chamber and the single solenoid controls the bolt movement?

Kaiser Bob
08-13-2003, 06:43 AM
Air comes in thru the foregrip.

DjGruv
08-14-2003, 02:43 AM

I must agree! Funny how that works.:rolleyes: