PDA

View Full Version : Fingerweights?

Derman2k
08-12-2003, 12:53 AM
I saw an add for Fingerweights in APG

http://www.fingerweights.com/

Anyone try them? If so, Have you noticed and improvement in your ROF?

Thanks

CodeMA
08-12-2003, 01:18 AM
I havnt used thouse....but I have used a grip master....music store issue fro guitar players... they seem to help...I can walk pretty quick now.....well improvment cuz its better than my old fanning technique even now...and before I started praticeing on it and trigger frame more...I couldnt walk...it was like a crawl even heh

GoatBoy
08-12-2003, 01:28 AM
That has GOT to be a bad idea.

It's sort of funny how the fitness industry tends to reverse itself. Some exercise will become a fad, just to later be reversed because people realized it was bad for you.

Anyways, it seems most fitness... "authorities" seem to recommend against the use of things like hand and ankle weights for things like walking, etc, for a myriad of reasons... Excess strain on muscles/ligaments, unnatural walking motions, etc. This would seem to me to fall into the same category.

I'm no expert, but I'd wait for the medical reviews to come in on this one. Yes, I said medical reviews, not stuff you find on pbreview or something.

I do wonder what it would be like to smack someone while wearing these things though... "bettah have my moneh!"

Edit: I've looked at their website a little further... It's really smarmy. They don't have any real endorsements, just a bunch of high school basketball coaches, a couple of musicians that evidently preferred to stay anonymous, and like two doctors. They've got "preliminary data" from studies. It's all very fancy looking with charts that basically tell you... yes, your fingers work harder with weights on them. They have a suggested conclusion that they'd like you to make after looking at this preliminary data.

elpimpo
08-12-2003, 01:31 AM
that could be the mostr pathetic thing ever

Miscue
08-12-2003, 02:07 AM
Yeah, and don't do what they did in the Old School rush week.

elpimpo
08-12-2003, 11:56 AM
lmao

Woogie12
08-12-2003, 12:00 PM
It's a work out for my fingers shooting my classic with a stcok trigger. :D

fcpchop
08-12-2003, 12:04 PM
lol, i should try it

BarryTolar
08-12-2003, 12:05 PM
Those are also being hawked to the computer crowd - under the name of a cure for RSI.

Barry

Derman2k
08-12-2003, 12:19 PM
I do wonder what it would be like to smack someone while wearing these things though... "bettah have my moneh!"

Hahahhahah...that was great

heftylefty
08-12-2003, 02:44 PM
i was looking into them, but i saw the price and it is a rip off. i can make some at home for free:)

Evil Bob
08-12-2003, 03:01 PM
I highly recomend the grip master from your local music store, great for working on individual finger strength.

-Evil Bob

PsychoBaller
08-12-2003, 05:18 PM
Bah. All you need is a girlfriend, or be busy with the ladies all the time... muuhuuhhahahah. All I know is my SFL sings....

elpimpo
08-12-2003, 05:22 PM
lmfao

Derman2k
08-12-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by PsychoBaller
Bah. All you need is a girlfriend, or be busy with the ladies all the time... muuhuuhhahahah. All I know is my SFL sings....

Haha...only the fingers gettin strong?

PsychoBaller
08-12-2003, 09:08 PM
Well... when ur down at Rutgers.... errr... I'm not gonna go there...