PDA

View Full Version : Tyger picks up a new sponsor (Yes, it's AGD related)

Tyger
08-12-2003, 02:26 AM
So what are the sure signs of the coming armageddon? Cubs win the world series (They're like 3 games back now, right?), NASCAR allows imports, the NY Giants stand a chance for the Super Bowl, AND....

http://www.tyger.us/pubimages/AGD/TygersMag1.JPG

Tyger gets sponsored by Airgun Designs.

Jaws off the floor people, I haven't swept up in a while.

http://www.tyger.us/pubimages/AGD/TygersMag3.JPG

Isn't she a beauty? Kinda like a stealth bomber, huh? The All black E-Mag, purple warp on a pure warp body, black rais, black hoses... I'll need to plant a smoke HALO on that puppy too.

AGD has sponsored the "ultimate pump guy", me. And not with a pump mag, as intresting as that would be. Nope, the "Big Kahuna" of AGD's line. Talk about "futureshock"? You thought I was good with a pump? Now with the E-mag, it gets a LOT more intresting... Web Dog's videos will be featuring the e-mag in it's paces in it's future shows, plus Shatnerball... "Cat Masterson" just got a LOT more dangerous.

So, yeah. Hey, I don't believe in being sponsored for money or anything like that. I've always liked AGD's gear. I STILL use my 6-pak on my Piranha, and the Micro C/A 2 is in a place of honor in my Phantom case where I STILL use it regularly. AGD makes really good stuff.

I realised the other day that my 6-pak is over a decade old. 14 years or so, and not only does it still work, but it works just like it did when I first bought it. The "Lion" logo has the phrase "Because quality always shoots straight". Quality also lasts, and that's just as important in my book. So I'm not just "taking the goods and running". If the 6-pak lasted this long, then I know the E-mag is another quality product from a quality company.

It's a great honor to be sponsored by a company as AGD.

-Rob "Tyger" Rubin

INFERNO
08-12-2003, 02:50 AM
I wish I could get a sponser. Not even for a marker. I'd kill for a paint sponser. Paint kills me. It's where all my cash goes. I could afford an emag if I didnt have to buy paint. Hey Tom why dont you make a mag that makes its own paint.:D

Fred
08-12-2003, 06:09 AM
But... you can't use that to help defend at Fall Castle!

Unless Tom somehow rigged up an Autotrigger and button to cock it as a second operation... ;)

Again, Congrats!

There are few players that I have met in person that I think really deserve stuff like this... Rob is one of them!

---Fred

Mossman
08-12-2003, 07:25 AM
That's great dude, enjoy it and tear it up with it.

I say you get a mask (a disguise mask, not paintball mask), go to your favorite field and ruin all the pump guys you play with, and afterwards tell them that's what they get for playing pump.

Then the next week go with your phantom and if they're playing semi tear them up too ;)

hey, it's early, leave me alone. I gotta get to work too.

ENJOY THE EMAG!!! I SURE HAVE ENJOYED MINE, but i'm sellin it now ;)

You rule tyger!
-Sam

Star_Base_CGI
08-12-2003, 09:36 AM
Many thanks to Tom Kaye for making this a great event...

Tyger that Black EMAG is sexy...
Better lock it up...

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94024&highlight=VCD

Download the EMAG video and art online!

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=926202

Thordic
08-12-2003, 09:52 AM
good lord thats a fugly CD label...

Congrats though, Tyger. Nice gun.

Creative Mayhem
08-12-2003, 10:16 AM
Way to go Tyger. I like the purple warp too :D

Hope you enjoy your emag as much as I enjoy my xmag. Rip em up!!

CONGRATS!!

CM

gibby
08-12-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Creative Mayhem
Way to go Tyger. I like the purple warp too :D

Hope you enjoy your emag as much as I enjoy my xmag. Rip em up!!

CONGRATS!!

CM
Right on Tyger...CONGRATS!!!

But CM, now that you're ripping with that Xmag, your purple people eater must be lonely without you. I'd be willing to adopt it and give it a nice home. ;)

LIGHTEMUP
08-12-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Tyger
NASCAR allows imports

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ok there goes racing....

ne way congrats:D

wolverine85929
08-12-2003, 01:49 PM
NOOOOOOO Imports
nice set up congtats.:cool:

Star_Base_CGI
08-12-2003, 03:46 PM
Three chears for Tom Caye!

Hip hip Hooray!

And yes I know I misspelled Tom.

Evil Bob
08-12-2003, 04:06 PM
Tyger, for some reason, that pic reminds me of Jon Lovitz in "The Wedding Singer" when he's peaking around the curtain at Adam Sandler watching him fall apart mentally, I want to put a caption on this one along the lines of...

"Tom is losing his mind... and I'm reaping all the benefits!"

-Evil Bob

love-my-mag71488
08-12-2003, 04:31 PM
hey congrats tyger. good call on the purple warp. and like inferno said i need a paint sponser i wish someone would sponser me

DiRTyBuNNy
08-12-2003, 05:06 PM
Jeez, Tyger..you look so young...I've been reading articles from you forever...unless of course they're another "Tyger" roaming around paintball..

Clare
08-12-2003, 05:17 PM
Tyger, for some reason, that pic reminds me of Jon Lovitz in "The Wedding Singer" when he's peaking around the curtain at Adam Sandler watching him fall apart mentally, I want to put a caption on this one along the lines of...

That's too funny.. I was thinking the same thing

Congrats Tyger! :)

PsychoBaller
08-12-2003, 05:56 PM
I'm surprised BlackCell has yet to mention its AGD Sponsorship..... muuuhuuhahaha...

Thanks for the Warp Feeds !! All new and shiny compared to my old one... heh.

Feels good don't it ? :cool: :D

teamshortys#40
08-12-2003, 06:58 PM
congrats tyger nice gun

AutomagRT1483
08-12-2003, 10:31 PM
Way to go Tyger!!:D

Tyger
08-13-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Evil Bob
"Tom is losing his mind... and I'm reaping all the benefits!"

Actually, it's the negatives I promised to send him and... umm... nevermind.

:D

Actually, gassed it up today, and ran it through the paces at my "usual target". A 20 ounce soda bottle at 80 feet hanging on a sawhorse. How do I describe this effectively?

HOLY FREAKING JEHOSIPHAT!!!!!

Tried out the burst modes, tried out the RT mode, tried out the e-trigger. Tried out shooting sideways. Tried laying on my back, looking over my shoulder, and shooting. Tried walking the trigger. Tried running my mini-ladder on the sawhorse target. Tried snapshooting it too.

And before I knew it I had blasted 1000 or so balls at the target. The once green bottle is currently pink, as is the sawhorse,the 4 inch railroad ties, and in fact the entire 5 foot by 4 foot section that's my target range. I had sent the bottle back, wrapped it over the sawhorse, and back a dozen times.

To bastardise the movie Jaws : "We're gonna need a bigger hopper." Ok, now I need to get a Halo.

-Tyger

AutomagRT1483
08-13-2003, 12:50 AM
Thats awesome:D

SIGSays
08-13-2003, 07:49 AM
congrats that's all i have to say...

and why is the agd logo burning on that cd label... that's like anti agd

Furby
08-13-2003, 10:39 AM
Congrats Tyger!

TomFoolery
08-13-2003, 02:59 PM
congrats dude. nice piece! enjoy the hell out of it. i wish i was in your shoes (for an x-mag tho). tear 'em up.

much love,
TomFoolery

wimag
08-13-2003, 04:52 PM
bring it to players club this weekend for it's inauguration, I can team up with ya with my emag.

Tyger
08-14-2003, 01:26 AM
I'll be there, but I'm reffing. But, I'll bring the "Stealth" mag. :) If I can play, I'll play. But, I won't expect it. But, I wannt put it through the game paces now. I've already made a Mountain Dew bottle pink...

It's gonna be a fun weekend if I can play it. :)

-Tyger

Evil Bob
08-14-2003, 09:37 AM
So Tyger, do you feel like you just swallowed the red pill? Welcome to the Matrix...

-Evil Bob

sneakyhacker420
08-15-2003, 10:16 AM
now its time to get on your knees and beg for a black warp feed body, and a clear warp (to spray paint on the inside black - more stealth)

congrats tyger... i wish i was as lucky as you

FRENZY
08-17-2003, 06:50 PM
Tyger,

Thanks for the advice and info on getting a pump and side arm that you sent me (via pm).