PDA

View Full Version : My Y-Grip and ULT review...

Mr.Orange
08-12-2003, 08:36 AM
Hello all!

Last night I got my Y-Grip and ULT installed. Here is my review, with pictures to follow...

First, the Y-Grip. I like my markers tight, and this does a wrist good. Only concern to be noted is that it is a longer grip then the Intelliframe. What that means is that I had to adjust my hose length a bit. Something to be aware of when you are swapping frames, you will need to readjust your air lines just a bit. The grip feels great and does it's job well...

Now the ULT! Comes in a little box all put together. I took it apart to lok it over, found a few very tiny pieces of brass shavings in the top on/off piece. I got out my trusty tweasers and q-tip, and cleaned it all out. Then I put in all five shims and put it all back together.

Next I pulled out my old on/off and removed the two o-rings in the on/off section of the valve. I replaced this now empty void with the ULT and put everything back together, gassed her up and took her outside with abotu 300 rounds...

OMG! This trigger is awesome! The pull is very light. I ate the 300 rounds without a problem. I even tried walking and it demonstrated how good the LX Bolt works. It would spew forth a line of paint and then choke (I have no walking expierence) and then spew some more. I had one broken ball, which was from a chuff while having fun walking. As far as firing normal, it was very fast as well, with no breaks or chuffs or anything, just bliss...

The reactivness is still there, better then before for me, as the on/off is very close together now, so it takes very little effort to fire. I can hang my finger on the very edge of the bottom of the blade, and it just feels very nice pushing back.

Bottom Line: It works just as AGD said it would. Can you walk it? I want to say yes, you can, but know this, there is no ACE to save you. Maybe with a trigger stop to reduce the amount of pull required, or a spring returned (HINGE) trigger you could without worry, but as it is right now, I would not trust it to be reliable, not with my fingers. But yes, I feel this mechanical trigger could be walkable.

Is it still reactive? Yes, the reactivity is still there.

I look forward to the changes this will make for AGD. I have a feeling next will be a battery change (maybe even solenoid) for the Emag, to even a E frame for any AGD marker. That is if SP does not destroy all E-markers... :)

James

Pics later! :)

Extreme Body with CP mini foregrip and Bushmaster vert ASA.
RTPro Sear and Pin
Emag Valve
LX
Y-Grip
ULT
AGD Flatline 45/4500
Titanium Paintball Barrel
ACI On/Off
MacDev Macroline
Riccochet AK hopper

FreakBaller12
08-12-2003, 08:40 AM
niceness
i hope to get a classic as backup to my emag and get the ult and y grip
now ur makign me restless:rolleyes: :D ;)

sharpshooter1286
08-12-2003, 08:45 AM
nice job, thanks

silentdeath55
08-12-2003, 10:02 AM
yep, gotta love the ULT Y-grip combo!

Creative Mayhem
08-12-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by silentdeath55
yep, gotta love the ULT Y-grip combo!

YEP... got it... too bad i don't have the rest of the Ymag to put it together... :(

CM

DWill
08-12-2003, 11:09 AM
How far foward did the y-grip move your drop? I'm curious because my drop is almost already touching my grip

silentdeath55
08-12-2003, 11:44 AM
My Y-grip moved my drop up about 1-2 inches(estimating). if you have the problem of it touching you forgrip, like I did, all you need to do is make I little spacer that goes between the drop and the trigger frame. That fixed all my problems. I hope this pic helps you some....

Will Wood
08-12-2003, 01:59 PM
Woo, I'm not the only one that uses a sock as a tank cover.

I was gonna go with a Y/ULT... but I got a emag instead :) I love it.

silentdeath55
08-12-2003, 02:07 PM
yep, thats a genuine hockey sock that I custom fitted to my tank. I did not use one stitch in the whole thing, I just melted the polyester and pressed it on the part I wanted it to hold on to. It worked fairly well.

DWill
08-12-2003, 04:08 PM
I have a Viewloader foregrip(very nice, the ano just about matches my ULE) which is very long, about an inch or so past my trigger frame, leaving about a quarter of an inch of space between my drop foward and my foregrip. But the spacer might work because of the way the drop curves, if the y-grip moves the drop foward about an inch or so. Thanks for the info silentdeath55

Prodavl
08-12-2003, 05:10 PM
How much are Y grips? and were can i buy them

Mr.Orange
08-12-2003, 05:47 PM
Well,

I am not sure how far forward it moved my tank. I only noticed that it dropped it down, but I am not sure how far forward. It DID move forward tho, that much is obvious...

James

Naples Italy

silentdeath55
08-12-2003, 05:55 PM
The y-grips are available at the AGD online store for $120+shipping. Or you could PM Tunaman. I think he is selling them for 118+5-6 dollars shipping(if he has any left.)

SIGSays
08-12-2003, 06:36 PM
or RogueFactor... im pretty sure he has them for $120 shipped or less.. i think..

dinger
08-12-2003, 07:33 PM
mr. orange-

your gun is by far the sexiest one i have ever seen.

DWill
08-13-2003, 12:53 AM
Can someone post before and after pictures of the y-grip that way I can see the differences easier.
If it drops the drop foward a bit it might fit on mine but the drop would be touching the foregrip :).

Mr.Orange
08-14-2003, 01:54 PM
Hello,

Here is the Intelliframe comparison you asked for...

James

sps16
08-14-2003, 02:29 PM
wow mr orange, thats crazy :). I love the look of your gun

DWill
08-14-2003, 02:32 PM
Thanks...looks like the Y-grip moves up about 2 inches...that will never fit with my set up :(. BTW that Y-grip looks fantasic on your gun Mr.Orange

afrankart
08-14-2003, 04:03 PM
Mr. Orange, have you had any problems with bolt stick on your ULT? By the way, what input pressure were you running on your flatline? I have a preset @750 and I am getting mad bolt stick.

Mr.Orange
08-15-2003, 01:12 PM
Hello all!

Thank you all for your comments. My current mission is to find a different drop forward, I want to play with positioning a bit...

Anyway, on pressure and bolt stick, I am running about 900 into my marker, but that is only as reliable as the guages and since after the first shot, it drops, I think I am shooting about 600-800 input on rapid fire.

Your bolt stick is probably two things, as it should work great at 750. I would say your LX is too tight, or your Powertube/LX bolt is bent maybe, or your valve is not tightened down with a allen wrench to line it up properly in the body?

Hope that helps.

James
Naples Italy

Dueydog
12-02-2003, 10:20 PM
Nice gun. A little rubber bumper should stop and shorten your trigger pull allowing you to walk the trigger faster, stop short stroking, and not void your warranty. I suggested this to Warpig and they loved the idea. Check out this site on a ULE Y-grip mag like yours.

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/paintguns/automag/ulemag/index.shtml

Hope this helps,
Matt

Dueydog
12-03-2003, 03:01 PM
Aluminum fifteen-degree vertical air adapter for the AutoMag and MiniMag.

Angles foregrips or inline regulators forward to help clear long drop-forwards or bulky air tanks and regs.

Available in plain (ready for anodizing) or polished. Hose-right is standard. Hose-left or double-tapped (for both a hose and a gauge) available by special order only.

Plain: $29 each
Polished: $32 each

http://www.docsmachine.com/gear/asa.html

Thought you might like one to match your Y-grip.
Matt

FalconGuy016
12-03-2003, 03:31 PM
Thats an insane mag Orange :) Did you wait 9 monthes for that body?