PDA

View Full Version : Air Assist Components please!!

-=Squid=-
08-12-2003, 05:40 PM
Well, apparently, long story, prefer NOT to give all details, I have access to about every kind and color of cocker pneumatic hose, and about every kind of plastic barb for the hose imaginable. Well, I think it would be cool to make and sell all the components for air assist, or any other special requests imaginable, for a very very fair price. I would just like to know all of the compononents for air assist (angel, shocker, whatever) to get me started. thanks for any help.

-=Squid=-
08-12-2003, 06:27 PM
up! cmon I know somebody knows!!!

GoatBoy
08-12-2003, 06:33 PM
Can you be a little more specific about what you mean by "air assist"?

-=Squid=-
08-12-2003, 06:47 PM
Well, if you dont know what an air assist is, chances are you dont know the components, but here goes anyways: An air assist is a hose that runs from a certain spot on your gun, to the feedbeck, to get a bit of "exhaust" to give the paint an extra shove into the breach. I have at my fingertips every possible component for such a device, as well as thousands of feet of the tubing...basically all I need is a component list, and I will sell them at cheap prices. I can also put togethor a different package upon request.

-=Squid=-
08-12-2003, 07:27 PM
up...

BajaBoy
08-12-2003, 07:34 PM
is it needed with the 20+bps loaders? low impact bolts? eyes? It would just be a waste of money. But also, i dought this would be cheap to do

Sparks
08-12-2003, 07:35 PM
most air assist kits consist only of a barb and a length of hose.

most guns with air assist just have a hole tapped (usually 10-32) on the dry side of the valve, or on the exhaust port of an electronic 3-way.

Once you have a hole in the gun that air passes by every time the gun is fired, all you need is a barb and the hose.

In short, barbs with 10-32 threads, and lengths of hose are all you need. Most solenoids used in today's electronic guns use 10-32 threaded MACs or Humphreys.

-=Squid=-
08-12-2003, 08:21 PM
What do you mean not cheap? A couple of bucks, tops. It is just a nice feature to have, what with people who use (most people) 12vt revvies. It helps prevent chops, just assists gravity...thing is, I know its just hoses and barbs, but I can get all the hoses and all the barbs, real real cheap. I guess a 90* 10-32 threaded 1/16" hose barb? What kinda hose do I need? I can get different kinds (vinyl, etc.) You see, I figgure it would be fun for me to do this, and I could make a couple bucks. Literally, just a couple bucks...I just have to put it all to good use and air assist is what came to mind. I suppose I could also just sell the hose by itself, by the foot or something. Like, I could get 5000' foot of the stuff in any color, etc, for under $200 lol. I can get small quantities of these items for free...hmmm....anybody have any other ideas? I have about every single kind of check valves, in line filters, premium grade hose fittings, commercial grade hose fittings, quick disconnect luer fittings, tubing and tubing accessories, spiral wrap, grommeting, and other things at my fingertips. I can even get coiled hose.

GoatBoy
08-12-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
Well, if you dont know what an air assist is, chances are you dont know the components, but here goes anyways: An air assist is a hose that runs from a certain spot on your gun, to the feedbeck, to get a bit of "exhaust" to give the paint an extra shove into the breach. I have at my fingertips every possible component for such a device, as well as thousands of feet of the tubing...basically all I need is a component list, and I will sell them at cheap prices. I can also put togethor a different package upon request.

http://www.docsmachine.com/galleries/punpneuphan7.jpg

-=Squid=-
08-12-2003, 08:44 PM
:confused: what was that pic all about?

RRfireblade
08-12-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
:confused: what was that pic all about?

That's a pnuematic assist pump and I'm not sure the relevance.

-=Squid=-
08-12-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by RRfireblade

That's a pnuematic assist pump and I'm not sure the relevance.
Ya, I know what it was...but like you said, how was that relevant to the conversation?

Automaggin2
08-12-2003, 11:03 PM
I think Air Assist is a waste of time and money. A friend of mine had one on his Adrenalin Angel, and it didnt do crap. Just a gimmick IMO

-=Squid=-
08-12-2003, 11:04 PM
OK OK, back on track! :rolleyes: Now, somebody mind CONTRIBUTING to the post?? :rolleyes:

dcmander
08-12-2003, 11:27 PM
Don't mean to put you down, but I don't think anyone would be interested in buying that kit. Air assisst was pretty much proven a gimick a year ago. Most people look down upon it. Plus with the HALOs and all the fast loaders people don't need it. And if you are thinking to sell to people with revolutions and slower loaders....I think they look for intellifeeds over air assist.

Sorry, I just want you to kinda think ahead on this. Maybe see if you'll have much of a customer base first before trying to get/consuming the components.

azzkikr
08-13-2003, 10:36 AM
well I'll try to help you out a bit. the only two guns that had working air assists that i know of where the shocker and angel, i think i may have seen a timmy but not sure. anyways, the way it works it used the air that is used to cycle the solenoids after each cycle. the shockers came out of the side of the gun, and the angel came out of the top. the shockers was routed up through and out the side. and the angels was tapped directly into the solenoid and thus voiding your warrenty everywhere exept adrenalin being though they were the only people who did it.

after all that they shockers supposedly worked a little better than the angels since the solenoids work at 180 psi at compared to angels at aprox 90psi.

and just in case you didn't know the hose is routed from the gun(where ever on it) it the angled part of an elbow or at an aprox 45* angel in vert feeds.

anyways, its been proven that they do not work enough to be noticable.

well hope that helped you out a bit. later AZZKIKR

-=Squid=-
08-13-2003, 11:14 AM
Thanks for everyones help guys, but when I say I have all this stuff at my fingertips, I mean it literally. I can walk 10 feet and get ANY of this stuff...I know how to make an air assist work on the rainmaker, already tried :) So, think there is a market for coiled cocker hose, in the paintball world that is?