PDA

View Full Version : Zeus v Hades

Pyrate Jim
08-12-2003, 07:45 PM
E.Hampton, CT. Aug 23rd.
An old school field is holding a scenario in a couple weeks. This place has been around since the beginning and it's a good woods field, very friendly to all classes of play and experienced refs. Check it out if you can, I'll be the pyrate "Neptune"

http://www.strategyplus.com/scenario.htm

nospmas311
08-21-2003, 03:07 PM
hey jim its hoppysmag ( the kid with the PGP at reddawn 2)at nospmas311 house , we will both be there. and cause im ghetto poor im using my maverick pump all day! il cya there.:D

Pyrate Jim
08-23-2003, 08:08 PM
It's tough being a god.
Only goggle shots counted for the five gods on the field.(two for Zeus and three for Hades) This led to some rather interesting play, since all the body shots I took didn't count and neither did they count on the gods I was hunting. Everybody else was bound by traditional rules so we gods didn't pick on the others too much, we just went looking for our own. Which is not to say that we didn't help our team when they were outnumbered.
But I wish someone had a video camera when Zeus and I went at it(I was playing for Hades), moving in on each other and taking the shots untill we just didn't consider it sporting, and both withdrew. Honestly, we were less than 20feet apart and still trying to gog each other, since nothing less would count. At that time, it was near the end and I had switched from my KP to my old level six Mag, so I was putting out a good rate and with the BOA was accurate as hell. So we were putting a lot of paint on each other-my wife hasn't seen welts like this in a while.

We ended up winning 1,109 to 1,127, close game and tough to win. I think the Curse I laid on the other team(which kept them from reinserting)really made the difference. That way, the other side could not get back on the field the last half-hour of the game. We were able to run several missions, and locate props that turned the score to our favor.

There was a good raffle at the end, and several nice gear bags, and a Tippman 98 were given out.
Many props to ChrisP who is now running the field, and to all the refs who made this a great day. This was the first(hopefully of many) scenarios held at what is one of the oldest fields in the world.
:D